438 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h)

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 10:24

Simmops
paultheroyal
Simmops You can do better then this Paul. I'm disappointed in you.

At least call him a pcunt or something.

Sorry, m8, thats not my style, will stick with my approach, but seriously what an utter buffoon he is.

He doesn't even go to games :lol:

You've got me for backup. If things get too heated ill be there behind you.

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Jan 2022 12:59

Looking at Luton this season they've had some very impressive results, coming from 2-0 down at Blackburn, beating Bournemouth and winning 5-0 v Coventry.

They have goals in numerous areas of the pitch. Need to play very well to win it. Hoping Joao is fully fit as we are oxf*rd without him now Carroll has gone. Need to find a way to not concede if we are in front.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 13:41

Royal_jimmy Looking at Luton this season they've had some very impressive results, coming from 2-0 down at Blackburn, beating Bournemouth and winning 5-0 v Coventry.

They have goals in numerous areas of the pitch. Need to play very well to win it. Hoping Joao is fully fit as we are oxf*rd without him now Carroll has gone. Need to find a way to not concede if we are in front.

Why has Carroll gone?

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 19 Jan 2022 14:15

Carrol's contract has expired - it was very short term

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Jan 2022 14:40

Royal_jimmy Looking at Luton this season they've had some very impressive results, coming from 2-0 down at Blackburn, beating Bournemouth and winning 5-0 v Coventry.

Having said that, they've also lost games at home to Cardiff, lost 5-0 at home to Birmingham and just in general have a very mid-table record of 8-7-7. No doubt it will be a difficult game, they've got quite an underrated team with plenty of goals in it, but they are certainly beatable.

They are unbeaten in 4 and full of confidence, but it would by a typical of the mid-table side they are to get turned over in a game they would be expected to win like tonight. Until you notice they are playing us so it's very unlikely to go with the "cliché" if you like.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 14:47

dontbedaft Carrol's contract has expired - it was very short term

Fantastic.

Cant we extend it?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 14:47

Anybody else hoping we lose so pauno can get sacked and people finally turn their backs on the club and have enough?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Jan 2022 14:51

Simmops Anybody else hoping we lose so pauno can get sacked and people finally turn their backs on the club and have enough?

Not really no - I'd never wish my club to lose. Even still, I'd have thought it would have happened after the Fulham game if it ever was going to.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Jan 2022 14:59

If we were a mid table team like Luton, a trip to strugglers at their lowest ebb is exactly the sort of game we'd lose. Here's hoping.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 19 Jan 2022 15:12

Can someone (mod ?) please just remind me how one can block reading another individual's input ? Thank you.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Jan 2022 15:19

Barney Can someone (mod ?) please just remind me how one can block reading another individual's input ? Thank you.

Click on the username -> add foe.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 19 Jan 2022 15:21

Barney Can someone (mod ?) please just remind me how one can block reading another individual's input ? Thank you.

Click your name (top left) and go into the control panel. Click the Friends & Foes tab and manage Foes, add Simmops.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 19 Jan 2022 15:28

PieEater and Hendo....I owe you a beer :D :D

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Jan 2022 15:37

Hendo

Won't stop them PM'ing you, sadly...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Jan 2022 15:41

genome
Hendo

At least there is a delete button for that.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 15:49

Simmops Anybody else hoping we lose so pauno can get sacked and people finally turn their backs on the club and have enough?

No, because i dont think he would get sacked anyway after surviving this latest round of defeats. Win means we just need a further 6 so that has to be the aim and support tonight.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Jan 2022 15:50

I normally take this stance when I'm against a manager. The worst thing I find is when a crap lucky draw or unconvincing win extends a shit manager's reign, so I prefer a whopping defeat.

BUT it's quite different now as we all know he's shit, but he 'has' to be kept on so what will it will achieve? Especially when we're in a VERY worrying position now and need every point we can get.

So for me it's gong to be like Boro - I'll hope for a win but if we lose I won't be as gutted as I hope it might in some way push the owners to keep him away from the club and shake things up internally or something till the end of the season. Unlikely though - if they were going to do that clearly it'd be after the Fulham result.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Jan 2022 15:51

paultheroyal

No, because i dont think he would get sacked anyway after surviving this latest round of defeats. Win means we just need a further 6 so that has to be the aim and support tonight.

A much more useful and succinct way of saying what I said! :D

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 16:10

genome
Hendo

absolute snowflakes

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 19 Jan 2022 18:14

Millsy So for me it's gong to be like Boro - I'll hope for a win but if we lose I won't be as gutted as I hope it might in some way push the owners to keep him away from the club and shake things up internally or something till the end of the season. Unlikely though - if they were going to do that clearly it'd be after the Fulham result.

I can take losing. It's the waste of an evening that annoys me more - even if I didn't really have much to do. I feel kind of numb to it.

Kidderminster should have been painful, but it was more "oh ffs, lads..."

It has the feel of the death spiral in the Bullivant era, where everything just feels hopeless and you expect to lose.

438 posts