MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h)

438 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h)

by NathStPaul » 19 Jan 2022 09:41

Simmops
NathStPaul
Simmops why would they start though? they have been playing games and are flying back from africa

They could be back by today and have three days rest. Would imagine professional athletes will be able to cope with that, they only played 3 games at AFCON.

maybe. they are athletes yes. We need to see when they are actually back, probably tomorrow. Then get over the jetlag and rest for a day.

There isn't any jetlag, we are on more or less the same time as Africa.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 09:42

YorkshireRoyal99
CountryRoyal
paultheroyal Every game is like a cup final now - something to play for - and yep it starts tonight. Come Saturday that team is starting to look a whole lot different and more back to the Reading way. Lets hope Pauno uses this as his last chance saloon.

Doesn’t mean shit. We had quite a few “must win games” last season and we were the standard incompetent, negative shit. I have zero confidence this time round, at the other end of the table, will be any different.

Unless Joao stays fit and re-finds his early (last) season form, without a change in management we will be relegated. I’m certain of it.

We might be in a bad way, but the teams around us aren't exactly fairing much better either and they haven't had selection issues to the extent we have for the majority of the season.

It's not so much an excuse but if we can get most of our first team players back, I'm confident we will survive, whether we change the manager or not. I'm not too sure how good Peterborough actually are, they don't seem cut out for this level, Barnsley definitely aren't and I think Derby will eventually fade away as they lose players.

If the lose Lawrence then they will really be in trouble and others will be downing tools or looking to get out. Crest of wave at mo, but lets hope its a sinking ship.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 09:49

NathStPaul
Simmops
NathStPaul They could be back by today and have three days rest. Would imagine professional athletes will be able to cope with that, they only played 3 games at AFCON.

maybe. they are athletes yes. We need to see when they are actually back, probably tomorrow. Then get over the jetlag and rest for a day.

There isn't any jetlag, we are on more or less the same time as Africa.

in that case yes they should play

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Jan 2022 09:51

They won't be available until Saturday, the rest/recovery period isn't too dissimilar to when they travel during other international breaks, players will usually return 2-3 days before a league fixture. They'll be ok for Saturday providing they don't get injured between now and then.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Jan 2022 10:04

No one is seriously expecting them to start tonight, right? Saturday is the obvious first possible game back.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2022 10:05

paultheroyal Every game is like a cup final now - something to play for - and yep it starts tonight. Come Saturday that team is starting to look a whole lot different and more back to the Reading way. Lets hope Pauno uses this as his last chance saloon.

As an aside, our fans on twitter are just utter melts at times. Tagging in Baba and Yiadom, mocking defeat and welcoming them back.

Could you be any more full of cliched shit?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2022 10:06

CountryRoyal

Doesn’t mean shit. We had quite a few “must win games” last season and we were the standard incompetent, negative shit. I have zero confidence this time round, at the other end of the table, will be any different.

Unless Joao stays fit and re-finds his early (last) season form, without a change in management we will be relegated. I’m certain of it.

Don't tell Pauno they're cup games. He'll field U18s and try to lose.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Jan 2022 10:07

Yes!!! Paul and Ian beef! It has been too long.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jan 2022 10:08

paultheroyal
YorkshireRoyal99
CountryRoyal

We might be in a bad way, but the teams around us aren't exactly fairing much better either and they haven't had selection issues to the extent we have for the majority of the season.

It's not so much an excuse but if we can get most of our first team players back, I'm confident we will survive, whether we change the manager or not. I'm not too sure how good Peterborough actually are, they don't seem cut out for this level, Barnsley definitely aren't and I think Derby will eventually fade away as they lose players.

If the lose Lawrence then they will really be in trouble and others will be downing tools or looking to get out. Crest of wave at mo, but lets hope its a sinking ship.

Talk of Derby losing Sibley (millwall), knight (prem team). Lawrence must be on the radar of the likes of wba. Shinnie gone, Jagielka gone. Rooney having head turned by everton. Be unbelievable if they stay up tbh

Barnsley rubbish and a long way behind, Peterborough and Hull struggling

We don’t have to be great to stay up. Just matching what we did first half of the season will be plenty good enough. Really does depend on if we can get Joao, Meite and co back fit and firing

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jan 2022 10:09

NathStPaul Yes!!! Paul and Ian beef! It has been too long.

Totally unnecessary that from Ian. Clearly spoiling for a fight

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Jan 2022 10:10

Hound

One of them had to start it though. Ian saw an opening and went for it, have to respect that imo.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 10:12

Snowflake Royal

As an aside, our fans on twitter are just utter melts at times. Tagging in Baba and Yiadom, mocking defeat and welcoming them back.

Could you be any more full of cliched shit?

and so it begins, you really are an utter melt.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 10:13

Seriously, he cant help himself, ignored him for weeks, but over the last couple of days, he' started again. Clearly twitching, time of the month, what an absolute pleb.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 10:14

NathStPaul
Hound

One of them had to start it though. Ian saw an opening and went for it, have to respect that imo.

Thought you were better than that..... :wink:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Jan 2022 10:15

Hound
paultheroyal
YorkshireRoyal99

Talk of Derby losing Sibley (millwall), knight (prem team). Lawrence must be on the radar of the likes of wba. Shinnie gone, Jagielka gone. Rooney having head turned by everton. Be unbelievable if they stay up tbh

We don’t have to be great to stay up. Just matching what we did first half of the season will be plenty good enough. Really does depend on if we can get Joao, Meite and co back fit and firing

Hull may see an upturn as their takeover nears completion now, although I don't think they'll end up in a greater position in the medium to long-term. Reading reports about the type of players they are going for and the cost of these players (£5m for some Japanese midfielder as well as £10m on an Iranian striker who is at Fenerbache for example), I suspect that in a year or two's time they may end up in a similar situation to ourselves unless their Bowen money and potential Lewis-Potter transfer fee (if he was to be sold) might get them through FFP regulations.

Cardiff need to be mentioned as well. You'd assume they'd have the squad to get out of it but they've been stuck in a rut for a while now and would actually be 21st should we have not had 6 points deducted. Birmingham also need to be careful as well.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Jan 2022 10:15

paultheroyal
NathStPaul
Hound

Thought you were better than that..... :wink:

Hey, I didn't say he was right but he is like a hungry lion stalking his prey. The beef provides content on what is a dull Wednesday.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 10:18

paultheroyal

Seriously, he cant help himself, ignored him for weeks, but over the last couple of days, he' started again. Clearly twitching, time of the month, what an absolute pleb.

You can do better then this Paul. I'm disappointed in you.

At least call him a pcunt or something.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 10:20

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound
paultheroyal

Hull may see an upturn as their takeover nears completion now, although I don't think they'll end up in a greater position in the medium to long-term. Reading reports about the type of players they are going for and the cost of these players (£5m for some Japanese midfielder as well as £10m on an Iranian striker who is at Fenerbache for example), I suspect that in a year or two's time they may end up in a similar situation to ourselves unless their Bowen money and potential Lewis-Potter transfer fee (if he was to be sold) might get them through FFP regulations.

Cardiff need to be mentioned as well. You'd assume they'd have the squad to get out of it but they've been stuck in a rut for a while now and would actually be 21st should we have not had 6 points deducted. Birmingham also need to be careful as well.

Exactly that, which makes my post even more valid although the boards pleb think its cliched. A rallying cry, fight and desire, its all we ask for, starting tonight.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 10:21

Simmops
paultheroyal

Sorry, m8, thats not my style, will stick with my approach, but seriously what an utter buffoon he is.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 10:22

paultheroyal
Simmops
paultheroyal

Sorry, m8, thats not my style, will stick with my approach, but seriously what an utter buffoon he is.

He doesn't even go to games :lol:

You've got me for backup. If things get too heated ill be there behind you.

438 posts