MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h)

438 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h)

by Royals and Racers » 18 Jan 2022 21:12

Great news- Ghana knocked out- players could be back early !!!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jan 2022 21:13

Royals and Racers Great news- Ghana knocked out- players could be back early !!!

Bit too late for tomorrow i think :D

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 18 Jan 2022 21:14

windermereROYAL
Royals and Racers Great news- Ghana knocked out- players could be back early !!!

Bit too late for tomorrow i think :D

Maybe Saturday though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2022 21:17

Should be back for Saturday you’d think

Came bottom so no chance of qualification so don’t need to hang around. Get them on the first plane back, hopefully no later than Thursday

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2022 08:37

At least doing so badly with Ghana means returning to our total shit show won't be disorienting for them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jan 2022 09:13

Ghana looked just as shambolic as us, so yes should fit right back in

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 19 Jan 2022 09:14

Simmops
Barney I will be there tomorrow night (ST holder). I can almost stomach a loss just as long as we show some fight and spirit.
What I can't stand is not giving 100%. You can't, and won't, win every game....but at least put total effort and commitment into it.
Am actually looking forward to these next two home games (which I know makes me highly unpopular on here !) but this is what
football is all about,
The ups and downs. That is what it is all about. Ignoring 1971 (was JUST starting to go) i have LOVED 8 promotions and HATED 6 relegations.
The South Bank, the smell of wee-wee where i stood, Charlie Hurley's blue and white army (Cambridge away). 7 promotions and relegations between 1976 and 1988 (The newbies on here would be having kittens) McGhee's team. Leaving Elm Park. Tommy Burns (RIP) bringing in SEVEN new players in one day, Pardew's team, Leicester away. Our Brian.

That's football. I will always LOVE RFC. Tough at the moment....but like I say, that is football.

Genuine, Reading till I die.

I bet you sit in Club1871

Grow up little boy.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 19 Jan 2022 09:19

blythspartan
Barney I will be there tomorrow night (ST holder). I can almost stomach a loss just as long as we show some fight and spirit.
What I can't stand is not giving 100%. You can't, and won't, win every game....but at least put total effort and commitment into it.
Am actually looking forward to these next two home games (which I know makes me highly unpopular on here !) but this is what
football is all about,
The ups and downs. That is what it is all about. Ignoring 1971 (was JUST starting to go) i have LOVED 8 promotions and HATED 6 relegations.
The South Bank, the smell of wee-wee where i stood, Charlie Hurley's blue and white army (Cambridge away). 7 promotions and relegations between 1976 and 1988 (The newbies on here would be having kittens) McGhee's team. Leaving Elm Park. Tommy Burns (RIP) bringing in SEVEN new players in one day, Pardew's team, Leicester away. Our Brian.

That's football. I will always LOVE RFC. Tough at the moment....but like I say, that is football.

A good post.

Were you at Elm Park when we beat Aldershot 4 0 in the 1978/79 season. I think it was bank holiday Monday over the Easter period from memory. Maurice Evans blue and white army, one of my favourite teams.

That was the Easter weekend where we played Portsmouth on the Friday (won 2-0). Bournemouth away on the Saturday (0-0), and then Aldersh!t at home on the Easter Monday (won 4-0). And then a few weeks later we all went up to Port Vale...won 3-0...won the title...and Deathy set the record of number of minutes without conceding a goal. So yes chap...went to them all. Happy Days :D

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 09:19

Every game is like a cup final now - something to play for - and yep it starts tonight. Come Saturday that team is starting to look a whole lot different and more back to the Reading way. Lets hope Pauno uses this as his last chance saloon.

As an aside, our fans on twitter are just utter melts at times. Tagging in Baba and Yiadom, mocking defeat and welcoming them back.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Jan 2022 09:22

Hopefully we can just squeak by tonight with any sort of win, certainly manageable against a tough yet inconsistent mid table side.

February might be our month where we can really kick on though and start to pick up some results, however just 1 win in these next 2 home games would be good.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Jan 2022 09:22

paultheroyal Every game is like a cup final now - something to play for - and yep it starts tonight. Come Saturday that team is starting to look a whole lot different and more back to the Reading way. Lets hope Pauno uses this as his last chance saloon.

As an aside, our fans on twitter are just utter melts at times. Tagging in Baba and Yiadom, mocking defeat and welcoming them back.

The meltdown will be even worse when neither of them start. Imagine it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 09:23

YorkshireRoyal99 Hopefully we can just squeak by tonight with any sort of win, certainly manageable against a tough yet inconsistent mid table side.

February might be our month where we can really kick on though and start to pick up some results, however just 1 win in these next 2 home games would be good.

Massive ask but 2 back to back wins will be a massive boost. 5 wins from safety and bringing other teams into play. Come on boys. URZ.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 19 Jan 2022 09:26

Barney
blythspartan
football is all about,

A good post.

Were you at Elm Park when we beat Aldershot 4 0 in the 1978/79 season. I think it was bank holiday Monday over the Easter period from memory. Maurice Evans blue and white army, one of my favourite teams.

That was the Easter weekend where we played Portsmouth on the Friday (won 2-0). Bournemouth away on the Saturday (0-0), and then Aldersh!t at home on the Easter Monday (won 4-0). And then a few weeks later we all went up to Port Vale...won 3-0...won the title...and Deathy set the record of number of minutes without conceding a goal. So yes chap...went to them all. Happy Days :D

Great days.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jan 2022 09:32

paultheroyal Every game is like a cup final now - something to play for - and yep it starts tonight. Come Saturday that team is starting to look a whole lot different and more back to the Reading way. Lets hope Pauno uses this as his last chance saloon.

Doesn’t mean shit. We had quite a few “must win games” last season and we were the standard incompetent, negative shit. I have zero confidence this time round, at the other end of the table, will be any different.

Unless Joao stays fit and re-finds his early (last) season form, without a change in management we will be relegated. I’m certain of it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Jan 2022 09:33

CountryRoyal

Doesn’t mean shit. We had quite a few “must win games” last season and we were the standard incompetent, negative shit. I have zero confidence this time round, at the other end of the table, will be any different.

Unless Joao stays fit and re-finds his early (last) season form, without a change in management we will be relegated. I’m certain of it.

Well, it starts tonight, its got to start at some point - 7 wins, 7 wins i say, we can muster that, surely?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 09:35

Barney
Simmops
football is all about,

I bet you sit in Club1871

Grow up little boy.

so do you?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 09:36

NathStPaul

why would they start though? they have been playing games and are flying back from africa

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Jan 2022 09:37

Simmops
NathStPaul

why would they start though? they have been playing games and are flying back from africa

They could be back by today and have three days rest. Would imagine professional athletes will be able to cope with that, they only played 3 games at AFCON.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jan 2022 09:39

NathStPaul
Simmops
NathStPaul The meltdown will be even worse when neither of them start. Imagine it.

They could be back by today and have three days rest. Would imagine professional athletes will be able to cope with that, they only played 3 games at AFCON.

maybe. they are athletes yes. We need to see when they are actually back, probably tomorrow. Then get over the jetlag and rest for a day.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Jan 2022 09:40

CountryRoyal

We might be in a bad way, but the teams around us aren't exactly fairing much better either and they haven't had selection issues to the extent we have for the majority of the season.

It's not so much an excuse but if we can get most of our first team players back, I'm confident we will survive, whether we change the manager or not. I'm not too sure how good Peterborough actually are, they don't seem cut out for this level, Barnsley definitely aren't and I think Derby will eventually fade away as they lose players.

438 posts