BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

156 posts
LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

by LWJ » 09 Jan 2022 08:30

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz Nothing much has changed…22 years ago at Wolves our dickheads rocked up…only to run away at the exiting the ground stage…leaving spizz and his young daughter to take the rap for them :roll:

I never went to a lot of a games,

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 09 Jan 2022 09:35

I can't understand why we didn't just field a strong side. We win, everyone feels good, keep it going. Lose, and you're in a right hole.

And guess what... I bloody hate football at times. It's infuriating.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Jan 2022 09:39

I`m more puzzled why didn`t have a strong bench in case it went tits up, but of course that's far too easy.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 09 Jan 2022 09:48

Notts Royal
Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman Tom Holmes has posted that someone swung at one of his family members too. Dickheads.

Think our support away has been getting progressively more nasty and stupid for a while now.

Flares aren't new to us. Not the first bunch of utterly dickish things I've heard about.

I'm sure Holmes will want to stay and sign a new contract more now.

Yea seems to be a growing trend when playing a lower league side away from home. Remember Crawley a few years back that provoked a few disgraceful chants about Hillsborough. Got a bit nasty in the stands too between our own support.

Really don’t get it. Direct your anger towards the Dais, not your own fans

These grounds have terraces and decent local pubs.

It attracts the kind of fan that likes the old fashioned football experience and dislikes the new fashioned football experience. A minority of these fans like the cocaine and hooligan bit of the old fashioned football experience. I remember walking into the toilets at Crawley for a piss to see two 40+ blokes openly taking coke together. As a result I was unsurprised to see advertising hoardings flying around and a bloke get dragged out by stewards.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 09 Jan 2022 10:56

Well, Green and I had a great* day out.

Can of Burning Soul Pulling Down the Sun on the train after I jumped on at Jewellery Quarter.

Two pints of Black Country's finest Bathams in the King and Castle. They'd opened the station concourse and platforms up, so stood in a 1940s train station with two pints of proper beer. Lovely stuff.

We queued, in a puddle, for something like 25 minutes. Shit.
There was some football. It was shit. It was laughably shit.
Player subbed off before halftime :| Holmes subbed off at halftime :| Araruna :roll:
Flare thrown onto pitch while we actually put a move together :|
Pitch invasion was a farce, bet that blonde stewardess wasn't happy.

Anyway, that was shit. Move on.

Beer Emporium - pint of Dark Star orbiter each. Nice pub, friendly staff and customers.
The Bear and Wolf - can't quite remember the beer, Green chose it. It was alright. Liked the pub, but some younger peoples were sharing videos of them flicking Vs at the Reading fans on the table over. We collected our bags for life and moved on.
Ye Olde Six Bells - two pints of HPA and a pork pie each. Very greedy black labrador came and stared at the pork pies.

Walked back through the town, past the town hall. It's a very quiet town centre, absolutely no night-time vibes, until you cross back under the 'ring road' and head to the Weavers - which PieEater mentioned - I had some Divide and Conquer Vocation, a rocket fuel of a NEIPA, and Green had the award winning Church End brewery Goat's Milk.

Think I saw the dad and his kid, who threw the bottle at the fans on the LHS, in the Station Bell as we walked past. He looked so proud. Classy.

Chip shop. Train. Home.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 09 Jan 2022 10:59

I mean, it's no Hull AllDayer or 12 pints of Millwall, but Kidderminster's good pub:bad pub ratio was high, helped by there being virtually no pubs in the town centre itself. As for the town, it felt like a bigger Stourbridge, which makes sense when you think about it.

OH, and we saw the Stourbridge People Mover on the way back. 8) 8) :lol:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Jan 2022 11:13

Talk at the local shop just now was all about the job that Eddie Howe is doing at Newcastle, playing their first team and losing at home to a team not far off non-league.
Fortunately nobody seemed to have noticed that the lowest level team beat what was not so long ago a Premier League club.

I know that we follow our teams for better or for worse but I wonder if a club should announce beforehand that people paying £21 for a ticket should not expect to see our first team selected so that they might better be able to decide whether to spend significant money on travel and entrance fee to watch a token side representing our club.

The edict that a club must put out it's strongest side for matches has long gone, mainly because of the 25-man squad system, so we don't expect to always see the best 11 (if best is the right word) in the Carabo Cup, when often prices are reduced, but for the FA Cup surely we might expect a team with less than 9 or 10 changes from the previous game?

Clubs have made a refund gesture to fans before and if the club is not going to sack the manager after such a display (it usually happens in the sacking world of football) might it not subsidise the cost of Tuesday's game v Fulham?
At least it would acknowledge that the club let its fans down yesterday rather than forever hearing nothing from the club hierarchy and that it cares about those fans.

This was not a bad performance for a run-of-the-mill league game (something that happens) it was a terrible performance and a con in the sense of having to pay full price to watch a mish-mash of a side that had never played together before surrendering meekly as if it were a pre-season friendly (where you might pay £5 to watch).

Yes, the club is skint but might have made money by staying in the competition and , as an earlier poster said, a win and a cup run could have lifted the spirits of fans and players-instead it is a massive downer before 2 very important league games this coming week when positive fan support (which we are often told is vital for our players) could possibly lift the side but I expect the atmosphere v Fulham to be less than enthusiastic.

If the club made the suggested financial gesture it just might engender a "we are in it together" feeling as opposed to the shrill screeching of the bloke with the mic telling us to "back the boys".

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 11:17

Does no one else think this is all a bit knee jerk?

When Pauno was appointed it seemed a bizarre choice and if I'm honest he has performed better than I expected and certainly lasted longer. There are huge parts of his management that are questionable but given the club's circumstances I honestly don't know what your expectations were for this season. No money, no signings, points dedication and an insane number of injuries. I honestly don't think many if any managers would be doing much better and certainly not one at this stage of his career.
Yesterday seemed to further embolden those who think he needs to go but the reality is it was a meaningless cup tie, with a 2nd string team against a lower league team away from home. It happens. For me the Derby game was far more disappointing and even then we drew. Puscas scored yesterday so that was a huge positive for me. Roll on Tuesday. We get a result then and all you pauno out mongs will crawl back into your holes.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 11:19

South Coast Royal Talk at the local shop just now was all about the job that Eddie Howe is doing at Newcastle, playing their first team and losing at home to a team not far off non-league.
Fortunately nobody seemed to have noticed that the lowest level team beat what was not so long ago a Premier League club.

I know that we follow our teams for better or for worse but I wonder if a club should announce beforehand that people paying £21 for a ticket should not expect to see our first team selected so that they might better be able to decide whether to spend significant money on travel and entrance fee to watch a token side representing our club.

The edict that a club must put out it's strongest side for matches has long gone, mainly because of the 25-man squad system, so we don't expect to always see the best 11 (if best is the right word) in the Carabo Cup, when often prices are reduced, but for the FA Cup surely we might expect a team with less than 9 or 10 changes from the previous game?

Clubs have made a refund gesture to fans before and if the club is not going to sack the manager after such a display (it usually happens in the sacking world of football) might it not subsidise the cost of Tuesday's game v Fulham?
At least it would acknowledge that the club let its fans down yesterday rather than forever hearing nothing from the club hierarchy and that it cares about those fans.

This was not a bad performance for a run-of-the-mill league game (something that happens) it was a terrible performance and a con in the sense of having to pay full price to watch a mish-mash of a side that had never played together before surrendering meekly as if it were a pre-season friendly (where you might pay £5 to watch).

Yes, the club is skint but might have made money by staying in the competition and , as an earlier poster said, a win and a cup run could have lifted the spirits of fans and players-instead it is a massive downer before 2 very important league games this coming week when positive fan support (which we are often told is vital for our players) could possibly lift the side but I expect the atmosphere v Fulham to be less than enthusiastic.

If the club made the suggested financial gesture it just might engender a "we are in it together" feeling as opposed to the shrill screeching of the bloke with the mic telling us to "back the boys".

If you honestly went yesterday expecting a full strength side than I don't know what you've been doing for the last 20 years. When was the last time Reading (or any championship or above side) played a full strength team at this stage.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Jan 2022 11:29

Jagermesiter1871 Does no one else think this is all a bit knee jerk?

When Pauno was appointed it seemed a bizarre choice and if I'm honest he has performed better than I expected and certainly lasted longer. There are huge parts of his management that are questionable but given the club's circumstances I honestly don't know what your expectations were for this season. No money, no signings, points dedication and an insane number of injuries. I honestly don't think many if any managers would be doing much better and certainly not one at this stage of his career.
Yesterday seemed to further embolden those who think he needs to go but the reality is it was a meaningless cup tie, with a 2nd string team against a lower league team away from home. It happens. For me the Derby game was far more disappointing and even then we drew. Puscas scored yesterday so that was a huge positive for me. Roll on Tuesday. We get a result then and all you pauno out mongs will crawl back into your holes.

Knee jerk?

No.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Jan 2022 11:32

With the first-teamers lacking game time this was surely a good chance to get some (see Lukaku for Chelsea v lowly Chesterfield) .
On your false point about Championship and above sides not putting out their strong (ish ) teams, a cursory glance shows that Birmingham, Millwall, West Brom,Barnsley,Swansea, QPR,Burnley and Leicester all did yesterday so why shouldn't we?

I am not daft enough to expect a full team for an FA Cup game but with so many inexperienced players starting it was more like an U23 side-Joao supposedly is ready to roll so 45 minutes yesterday would surely have been useful minutes.

My main grouse is the con of having to pay full price to watch a token team and that we didn't actually try to win the game (e.g. no corners etc.)-IMHO that is unforgivable and is taking the piss.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 11:52

leon
Jagermesiter1871 Does no one else think this is all a bit knee jerk?

Knee jerk?

No.

I think Mills and Jager need to check what knee jerk means in the dictionary.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 Jan 2022 11:55

South Coast Royal With the first-teamers lacking game time this was surely a good chance to get some (see Lukaku for Chelsea v lowly Chesterfield) .
On your false point about Championship and above sides not putting out their strong (ish ) teams, a cursory glance shows that Birmingham, Millwall, West Brom,Barnsley,Swansea, QPR,Burnley and Leicester all did yesterday so why shouldn't we?

I am not daft enough to expect a full team for an FA Cup game but with so many inexperienced players starting it was more like an U23 side-Joao supposedly is ready to roll so 45 minutes yesterday would surely have been useful minutes.

My main grouse is the con of having to pay full price to watch a token team and that we didn't actually try to win the game (e.g. no corners etc.)-IMHO that is unforgivable and is taking the piss.

We don't set the price - the home team does.

I'm not sure how many games you attend but with our injury crisis most of the players are close to first choice or returning from injury, with three exceptions. Camara, Holzman and Osaria, We were hardly playing the U23 side and that team should have been capable of beating a team 4 divisions below.

And I don't think playing £10 or £15 to watch that shitshow would have eased the anger at our shambolic performance.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 12:20

It’s not knee jerk. It’s 12 months of poor performances in reality, topped off with this shocker of a result

At some point I think the management and coaching need to take some responsibility for the injuries. It’s not just bad luck

In terms of team selection - 100% needed some sort of insurance on the bench - not just swapping fringe first Teamers for first teamers

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 09 Jan 2022 12:21

South Coast Royal Talk at the local shop just now was all about the job that Eddie Howe is doing at Newcastle, playing their first team and losing at home to a team not far off non-league.

Cambridge are mid-table in League One, which is a fair way off non-league.

One big difference, from seeing the highlights, is that their game is one of those that they really ought to have won, given the chances that had, while Cambridge scrambled in the only decent chance they had in the match. Very much a "that's football, these things happen" kind of game.

Our game wasn't like that. Kidderminster completely deserved the win. The only thing we did better was being a bit tippy-tappy in the middle of the pitch.

You can't really blame the club for the tickets being full price, and I don't thik refunding tickets would placate many anyway. What annoyed me more was that it didn't look like we were set up to win the tie. It looked like we just filled the shirts with the weakest team we thought we could get away with, with no thought to how disjointed such a team would be. I'm probably wrong about that, but that's how it looked, as if we completely underestimated Kidderminster. We either thought it would be easy, or just didn't care.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 12:23

South Coast Royal With the first-teamers lacking game time this was surely a good chance to get some (see Lukaku for Chelsea v lowly Chesterfield) .

...perhaps because we have 10+ players out injured from an already small squad?

And as said, when was the last time we fielded a strong team at this stage?

Imagine if we'd played say Swift and he'd have got injured. You'd have the same morons lynching pauno.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 12:25

tmesis

Cambridge are mid-table in League One, which is a fair way off non-league.

One big difference, from seeing the highlights, is that their game is one of those that they really ought to have won, given the chances that had, while Cambridge scrambled in the only decent chance they had in the match. Very much a "that's football, these things happen" kind of game.

Our game wasn't like that. Kidderminster completely deserved the win. The only thing we did better was being a bit tippy-tappy in the middle of the pitch.

You can't really blame the club for the tickets being full price, and I don't thik refunding tickets would placate many anyway. What annoyed me more was that it didn't look like we were set up to win the tie. It looked like we just filled the shirts with the weakest team we thought we could get away with, with no thought to how disjointed such a team would be. I'm probably wrong about that, but that's how it looked, as if we completely underestimated Kidderminster. We either thought it would be easy, or just didn't care.

My money is both. Pauno couldn’t give two shits about cups.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 12:29

Hound It’s not knee jerk. It’s 12 months of poor performances in reality, topped off with this shocker of a result

At some point I think the management and coaching need to take some responsibility for the injuries. It’s not just bad luck

In terms of team selection - 100% needed some sort of insurance on the bench - not just swapping fringe first Teamers for first teamers

Yeh tbf Pauno has spent millions, doesn't have any injuries and there are no off the field issues. :roll:

To your last point; what like Laurent, Clarke and Rino?

Or how about if the team that's selected aren't good enough to beat a non league side then forget about it. Concentrate on the league. Who gives a shit

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 09 Jan 2022 12:31

Pauno really fukked me off when he said players aren't fully fit. Well Kidderminster hadn't played in over 3 weeks too. And they were fitter than us.

He thinks we are mugs. Lots of clubs have had games off recently. Stop making excuses and fall on your sword! Or its going to get toxic very quickly if we keep losing games.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 12:35

Royal_jimmy Pauno really fukked me off when he said players aren't fully fit. Well Kidderminster hadn't played in over 3 weeks too. And they were fitter than us.

He thinks we are mugs. Lots of clubs have had games off recently. Stop making excuses and fall on your sword! Or its going to get toxic very quickly if we keep losing games.

Yep there is a lot wrong at the club both on and off the field. Spizzy has alluded to the issues off the field and we know about the financial mess we are in. The lack of player fitness has been there for much of the season. Our second half capitulations are a regular occurrence and do not bode well for how this season will pan out.

156 posts