Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

by paultheroyal » 09 Jan 2022 14:27

Hound
Zip
Hound
What are these off the field issues?

I don’t think you can blame something as ambiguous as that

Don’t think we can blame any financial mess either really. We’re not in a mess, we broke the rules, been punished and have to play ball with a wage bill which I imagine is still larger than half the division next year. And then it’s a clean slate with a wealthy owner

We’ve a big squad with some quality players in there. The injuries are obviously horrific though

Might be best for you to PM Spizzy regarding the off field stuff.
I’m not going to go all Ian on you but have to disagree. We are on a right mess in so many ways. We are beholden on Dai Yongge and incredibly vulnerable should he decide to walk away.

Isn’t that true of about 50% of clubs in the EFL?

I think all the ‘mess’ stuff is overdone. We’ve a decent stadium, new training ground, functioning academy. An owner willing to invest. A lot of clubs would kill for that position

Obvs there are plenty of things that aren’t so good but think a lot of the doom is hyperbole

Get a team playing reasonably well and most things are rosy

Totally agree

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 09 Jan 2022 14:37

Hound
Zip
Hound

Don’t think we can blame any financial mess either really. We’re not in a mess, we broke the rules, been punished and have to play ball with a wage bill which I imagine is still larger than half the division next year. And then it’s a clean slate with a wealthy owner

We’ve a big squad with some quality players in there. The injuries are obviously horrific though

I’m not going to go all Ian on you but have to disagree. We are on a right mess in so many ways. We are beholden on Dai Yongge and incredibly vulnerable should he decide to walk away.

I think all the ‘mess’ stuff is overdone. We’ve a decent stadium, new training ground, functioning academy. An owner willing to invest. A lot of clubs would kill for that position

Obvs there are plenty of things that aren’t so good but think a lot of the doom is hyperbole

A decent Stadium, which we don't own.

A new training ground, which we don't own.

A functioning academy, not functioning very well from some of the rumours I've heard.

An owner willing to invest is good if they are a competent owner.

We are badly run and rotten to the core.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 14:52

Academy keeps producing players so doing something right

Not sure it matters that much if ‘we’ own the stadium etc as long as Dai hangs about. It’s absolutely no use to him except for football purposes so not like he can run off with it

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Jan 2022 16:09

Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Hound It’s not knee jerk. It’s 12 months of poor performances in reality, topped off with this shocker of a result

At some point I think the management and coaching need to take some responsibility for the injuries. It’s not just bad luck

In terms of team selection - 100% needed some sort of insurance on the bench - not just swapping fringe first Teamers for first teamers

Yeh tbf Pauno has spent millions, doesn't have any injuries and there are no off the field issues. :roll:

To your last point; what like Laurent, Clarke and Rino?

Or how about if the team that's selected aren't good enough to beat a non league side then forget about it. Concentrate on the league. Who gives a shit

I didn’t say he did spend millions. And calling anyone who has had enough of him ‘morons’ isn’t clever either

Could easily have put Dann, Swift, Carroll and Hoilett on the bench along with Laurent and co. And brought them on for the kids not instead of Holmes/Tetek and Drinkwater. Keep them on the bench if we’re coasting

I’m not really bothered about being called a moron by a poster who can’t even spell his own username correctly.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Jan 2022 16:33

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz Nothing much has changed…22 years ago at Wolves our dickheads rocked up…only to run away at the exiting the ground stage…leaving spizz and his young daughter to take the rap for them :roll:

I never went to a lot of away games, but I never saw anything particularly bad. It's not much to go on, but through the late 90s to mid 2010s I don't think we had any sort of problem.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I don't recall hearing about anything either.

Worst I saw was Afers getting upset someone stole spongebob.

During the time I regularly attended away games in the late 70s and through 80s into the early nineties, we always used to have a pretty tough core of fans who could look after themselves and their fellow Royals if opposing fans created trouble but I rarely saw them start trouble themselves.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2022 17:13

Kiddy pull Wet Sham in the next round…fair play to them

@ home too

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 Jan 2022 17:22

Pepe the Horseman It wouldn't have been so bad if it was a smash and grab by the plucky underdogs, a la Cambridge at Newcastle. But we were completely outplayed. May have been a weak team, but we still started with England, Brazil, Croatia and Romania internationals! It's unreal just how bad we were.

+1
We were tactically clueless, the plan seemed to be to lump the ball forward to Puscas who on the rare occasions he got to it his first touch was terrible. Similarly for Azeez, lump it down the channel no where near him. It was a team of strangers playing with no (or a totally ineffective) plan.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 Jan 2022 17:34

Jagermesiter1871
Gunny Fishcake
Jagermesiter1871 Does no one else think this is all a bit knee jerk?

When Pauno was appointed it seemed a bizarre choice and if I'm honest he has performed better than I expected and certainly lasted longer. There are huge parts of his management that are questionable but given the club's circumstances I honestly don't know what your expectations were for this season. No money, no signings, points dedication and an insane number of injuries. I honestly don't think many if any managers would be doing much better and certainly not one at this stage of his career.
Yesterday seemed to further embolden those who think he needs to go but the reality is it was a meaningless cup tie, with a 2nd string team against a lower league team away from home. It happens. For me the Derby game was far more disappointing and even then we drew. Puscas scored yesterday so that was a huge positive for me. Roll on Tuesday. We get a result then and all you pauno out mongs will crawl back into your holes.

There're only so many straws before the camels back breaks, and yesterday was that final straw for many fans.....it most certainly was not a meaningless cup tie.....it was the FA Cup 3rd round , the greatest cup competition in the world steeped in history , and the 1400 following fans who travelled yesterday, rightly expected a better show and fight from our team . A great FA cup run can be the things that are remembered for lifetimes for a club like us , ask Wigan fans who won the FA Cup in 2013 if it was meaningless

It is meaningless. If we won the league and got knocked out at this stage none of you would even think about it at the end of the season. It's a nice to have.

And the camels back comment. We're in a mess. We have been for years. Just because you had some misguided expectation that we would be making the PO's and fielding a full strength team in the 3rd round of the FA cup, despite having more than 10 players out for most the season, relying on 8000 a week loan signings and having points deducted.

Yes we should have won yesterday. The XI played yesterday should have. They should have without even needing instruction from Pauno. But football isn't that simple and we're not the first team to be embarrassed in this manner.

Were you there yesterday ? I was and that's what the FA Cup is all about ask the Kiddy fans what they think of the FA Cup now they have West Ham next round at home .

To say the FA Cup is meaningless , you're probably fishing , but if not and you mean that , you are totally deluded and something as a football fan I simply cannot comprehend

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 17:52

Gunny Fishcake
Jagermesiter1871
Gunny Fishcake

There're only so many straws before the camels back breaks, and yesterday was that final straw for many fans.....it most certainly was not a meaningless cup tie.....it was the FA Cup 3rd round , the greatest cup competition in the world steeped in history , and the 1400 following fans who travelled yesterday, rightly expected a better show and fight from our team . A great FA cup run can be the things that are remembered for lifetimes for a club like us , ask Wigan fans who won the FA Cup in 2013 if it was meaningless

It is meaningless. If we won the league and got knocked out at this stage none of you would even think about it at the end of the season. It's a nice to have.

And the camels back comment. We're in a mess. We have been for years. Just because you had some misguided expectation that we would be making the PO's and fielding a full strength team in the 3rd round of the FA cup, despite having more than 10 players out for most the season, relying on 8000 a week loan signings and having points deducted.

Yes we should have won yesterday. The XI played yesterday should have. They should have without even needing instruction from Pauno. But football isn't that simple and we're not the first team to be embarrassed in this manner.

Were you there yesterday ? I was and that's what the FA Cup is all about ask the Kiddy fans what they think of the FA Cup now they have West Ham next round at home .

To say the FA Cup is meaningless , you're probably fishing , but if not and you mean that , you are totally deluded and something as a football fan I simply cannot comprehend

If we won the league and were knocked out in the 3rd round, would you even think twice about it? It is a nice to have. Maybe older fans have more of an affinity with it but terms of finance and long term success of the club its meaningless. You and I know this. And clearly the management think the same.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 17:53

Hound
Jagermesiter1871 Imagine if we'd played say Swift and he'd have got injured. You'd have the same morons lynching pauno.

My bad, I meant to say mongs.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 17:55

Hound
Zip
Hound

Yeh 50% of the teams in the EFL have had points deductions, transfer embargoes, huge injury lists, assets all stripped and players on ludicrous contracts with all the established players expiring at the end of the season. Really I don't know why we aren't above Fulham or Bournemouth.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 18:02

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Zip

Yeh 50% of the teams in the EFL have had points deductions, transfer embargoes, huge injury lists, assets all stripped and players on ludicrous contracts with all the established players expiring at the end of the season. Really I don't know why we aren't above Fulham or Bournemouth.

wtf are you going on about now? I was referring solely to the 'We are beholden on Dai Yongge and incredibly vulnerable should he decide to walk away.' comment

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 09 Jan 2022 18:14

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Zip

"all the established players expiring at the end of the season", things really are bad. Does the EFL know about this?

On a serious note, VP would do well to cut out the post match interview BS, apologise to the fans who went (I was there and it was one of the worst performances in decades) and put things right pronto. With a win rate of approx. 33% from Jan 21 onwards, a bit of humility would go along way.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 18:16

Marcus Crassus
Jagermesiter1871
Hound

"all the established players expiring at the end of the season", things really are bad. Does the EFL know about this?

On a serious note, VP would do well to cut out the post match interview BS, apologise to the fans who went (I was there and it was one of the worst performances in decades) and put things right pronto. With a win rate of approx. 33% from Jan 21 onwards, a bit of humility would go along way.

A big +1. This is up there with the worst defeats in our history and he should have apologised to the travelling fans much like McDermott did when we got hammered 4-1 at Plymouth.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Jan 2022 18:19

It was the post-match BS that really did for Rogers and to an extent Atkins. Honesty goes a long way with the fans

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2022 18:21

‘Adkins’

Wealdstone 1976 anyone? George Duck

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 09 Jan 2022 18:22

Well I've been watching Reading since the early seventies and that was up there with the worst Reading performance I have ever seen. It was arguably the worst result in the 150 year history of the club. I'm torn between thinking that you should not judge a manager, and even sack them, based on the performance of a hugely weakened team, and the thought that you cannot let what happened go without a response of some sort.

Paunovic did himself no favours with his post match interview, completely misreading the mood. That performance warranted an apology and, whilst I see that the cup is not a priority, he has a duty to avoid this club being humiliated and that was absolutely a humiliation. Fans like the cup and care deeply about their club, they will have been hurt but that performance and that happened on his watch. You can't just dismiss as being irrelevant as it wasn't a game we were prioritizing. It matters to the fans greatly that we are currently a laughing stock and if he doesn't get that, he's probably not the man for the job. Additionally, no ones impressed by the touchline histrionics of him and has assistants, it's not passionate, it's just embarrassing.

I've long thought it harsh to judge him given the injuries/embargo, but after yesterday, it's hard to see how anyone could do worse. His attitude will have lost him the majority of fans and it's hard to see how he can come back from this. I expect a toxic and hostile atmosphere on Tuesday.

I'm also alarmed to hear the name Warnock being mentioned, I've honestly don't think I could support a club led by him.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2022 18:25

We”ve seen it all before

It’ll be a sunny day again one day.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Jan 2022 18:26

Schards#2 Well I've been watching Reading since the early seventies and that was up there with the worst Reading performance I have ever seen. It was arguably the worst result in the 150 year history of the club. I'm torn between thinking that you should not judge a manager, and even sack them, based on the performance of a hugely weakened team, and the thought that you cannot let what happened go without a response of some sort.

Paunovic did himself no favours with his post match interview, completely misreading the mood. That performance warranted an apology and, whilst I see that the cup is not a priority, he has a duty to avoid this club being humiliated and that was absolutely a humiliation. Fans like the cup and care deeply about their club, they will have been hurt but that performance and that happened on his watch. You can't just dismiss as being irrelevant as it wasn't a game we were prioritizing. It matters to the fans greatly that we are currently a laughing stock and if he doesn't get that, he's probably not the man for the job. Additionally, no ones impressed by the touchline histrionics of him and has assistants, it's not passionate, it's just embarrassing.

I've long thought it harsh to judge him given the injuries/embargo, but after yesterday, it's hard to see how anyone could do worse. His attitude will have lost him the majority of fans and it's hard to see how he can come back from this. I expect a toxic and hostile atmosphere on Tuesday.

I'm also alarmed to hear the name Warnock being mentioned, I've honestly don't think I could support a club led by him.

Agree completely with that last line!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 09 Jan 2022 18:27

AthleticoSpizz ‘Adkins’

Wealdstone 1976 anyone? George Duck

Yep, was at that, I think we were a division 4 side (?) at the time so not as humiliating as this. Also IIRC, we actually applied some pressure when behind, unlike yesterday when we were never getting back in the game in a million years.

On the plus side, we got chased back to the coaches at Wealdstone, unlike yesterday!

156 posts