Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

328 posts
JR

Re: Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

by JR » 20 Jan 2022 14:09

We all seem to agree the owner isn’t in control of things and doesn’t know enough about English football to make the right managerial choice in the current situation.

STAR at least have a shot at dialogue and influence on Friday. I say keep that simple and go in with a clear message and request - Velkjon out, Warnock in.

It’s the only way that the owners will take note if there is a perceived majority view on the solution.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 16:21

What is it that makes anyone think STAR have any power whatsoever? Really confused as to the amount of faith being put in them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2022 16:22

NathStPaul What is it that makes anyone think STAR have any power whatsoever? Really confused as to the amount of faith being put in them.

They have access to the board. Which is more than anyone else, including Dellor.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 16:24

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul What is it that makes anyone think STAR have any power whatsoever? Really confused as to the amount of faith being put in them.

They have access to the board. Which is more than anyone else, including Dellor.

Which will do what exactly? They are a very wet and meek supporters group who have achieved nothing in all the time I've known of their existence. They couldn't get decent food back on the menu on match days. I think removing a manager might be a stretch.

Would love them to prove me wrong.

JR

by JR » 20 Jan 2022 16:26

Snowflake Royal

Exactly - and they were able to share with us a set of minutes from the last meeting that gave a lot more actual confirmed information (such as status of negotiations with EFL) than any of the speculation and rumour that we get from here and social media and local journos.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 16:30

JR
Snowflake Royal

Exactly - and they were able to share with us a set of minutes from the last meeting that gave a lot more actual confirmed information (such as status of negotiations with EFL) than any of the speculation and rumour that we get from here and social media and local journos.

They achieved nothing. They were given a load of waffle to shut them up and reported it back to the supporters on Twitter as if they were heroes. A proper supporters group would be planning targeted and organised protests against the owners negligence, this has been going on for long enough.
Last edited by NathStPaul on 20 Jan 2022 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 16:30

STAR should take a printout of all of Brogue's polls to show the progression of opinion over the course of weeks. Progression is much more useful than any snapshot.

Probably the best survey they'll get as this place is far from being an echo chamber, some pretty robust discussions and disagreements.

We can be pretty sure if it's 94% of people now who want him to stop managing the team (given it was 54% couple of weeks back), with utter-cretins like me sticking up for him non-stop now jumping ship, that most people out there will want this too.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 16:31

Millsy STAR should take a printout of all of Brogue's polls to show the progression of opinion over the course of weeks. Progression is much more useful than any snapshot.

Probably the best survey they'll get as this place is far from being an echo chamber, some pretty robust discussions and disagreements.

We can be pretty sure if it's 94% of people now who want him to stop managing the team (given it was 54% couple of weeks back), with utter-cretins like me sticking up for him non-stop now jumping ship, that most people out there will want this too.

The club do not car about STAR. The club see them as wasps who are annoying but will go away if you swat them. There needs to be a more hardliners supporters group set up.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 16:32

NathStPaul
Millsy STAR should take a printout of all of Brogue's polls to show the progression of opinion over the course of weeks. Progression is much more useful than any snapshot.

The club do not car about STAR. The club see them as wasps who are annoying but will go away if you swat them. There needs to be a more hardliners supporters group set up.

Fair point Nath. What do you suggest?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2022 16:34

NathStPaul

Do it then.

Think you've got a deluded view of what any group could achieve, personally.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jan 2022 16:34

NathStPaul

The problem with hardline supoorters groups is that clubs and owners won't talk to them. So they make lots of noise and get lots of press attention but achieve zero. STAR, for all their faults, do achieve things but typically by quiet dialogue and these things don't often get publicity. Much more is achieved by communicating than shouting.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2022 16:38

Dirk Gently
NathStPaul

The problem with hardline supoorters groups is that clubs and owners won't talk to them. So they make lots of noise and get lots of press attention but achieve zero. STAR, for all their faults, do achieve things but typically by quiet dialogue and these things don't often get publicity. Much more is achieved by communicating than shouting.

It's like watchdogs

Rotweilers look big and nasty, chihuahuas are very vocal. Sheep dogs quietly wander around the edge of a flock and gently guide it the right way, with the occasional nip.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jan 2022 16:38

Is there even a slightest murmur anywhere that Pauno may go out of interest? Not seen anything....

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 16:40

Do we have time for gentle sheepdogs?

I'm sure it's all useful but in urgent situations don't we need more?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Jan 2022 16:44

JR STAR at least have a shot at dialogue and influence on Friday. I say keep that simple and go in with a clear message and request - Velkjon out, Warnock in.

If anyone at STAR says anything vaguely positive about Neil Warnock (and fwiw I think you've badly misjudged the role of STAR) then I would rescind my membership.

I would rather make Paunovic manager for life than allow that boy a temporary position within the club. He has no positive qualities. Will never forgive him for Karacan.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 16:45

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul

Do it then.

OK. Please can you be 2nd in command. I'll be bad cop, you be good cop.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 16:47

Dirk Gently
NathStPaul

Well let's see. If they come out of the meeting with results then I'll be more than happy to apologise to them personally and congratulate them wholeheartedly. I am just worried that they are all we have as a link between supporter and owner right now.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jan 2022 16:52

I don't think the owner will be persuaded or influenced by anyone other than Kia Joorabchian, so no matter what breeds of dog we have and just now many of them we have, I'm afraid it's all pretty much academic.

Sadly the club is completely in his hands at his mercy.

I genuinely fear for its future.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2022 17:00

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul The club do not car about STAR. The club see them as wasps who are annoying but will go away if you swat them. There needs to be a more hardliners supporters group set up.

Do it then.

OK. Please can you be 2nd in command. I'll be bad cop, you be good cop.

Nope.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Jan 2022 17:03

Millsy Do we have time for gentle sheepdogs?

I'm sure it's all useful but in urgent situations don't we need more?

we need violence and aggressive protests and rioting

328 posts