Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

328 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2022 11:59

Royal_jimmy Rather have Gilkes til the end of the season if finance is the blocker for Pauno being sacked

Give it to the Ticket Office manager for all I care, they can't do worse.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jan 2022 12:01

The sort of people who are capable enough to do the job are also sensible enough to know not to touch such a poisoned chalice with a bargepole.

Why spoil your CV with a relegation?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 12:04

Dirk Gently The sort of people who are capable enough to do the job are also sensible enough to know not to touch such a poisoned chalice with a bargepole.

We wouldn't be relegated with a proper football manager in charge of the club, we have more than enough in terms of ability to stay up. That is the reason that there would be a lot of apllicants for the job should it come up. The other factor is whoever took over could only do better than what we have now.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jan 2022 12:07

NathStPaul
Dirk Gently The sort of people who are capable enough to do the job are also sensible enough to know not to touch such a poisoned chalice with a bargepole.

We wouldn't be relegated with a proper football manager in charge of the club, we have more than enough in terms of ability to stay up. That is the reason that there would be a lot of apllicants for the job should it come up. The other factor is whoever took over could only do better than what we have now.

Even with the injuries? And the complete loss of morale? And the inablity to sign any new players? There might be lots of applicants, but I'm not sure the quality of them would be worth having. Good or sensible ones wouldn't apply.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2022 12:09

Dirk Gently
NathStPaul

Even with the injuries? And the complete loss of morale? And the inablity to sign any new players? There might be lots of applicants, but I'm not sure the quality of them would be worth having. Good or sensible ones wouldn't apply.

Warnock could keep us up no problem. He joined Rotherham ffs.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 12:10

Dirk Gently
NathStPaul

We are in the position where anyone is better than Paunovic, you can see from how the players respond to him that he has completely lost them. A respected manager coming in until the end of the season gives every single player a lift and there are enough respected managers out there who'd be willing to come in, at least in the short term.

What does a manager really have to lose? We are in a terrible state, it cannot get much worse. All a new manager can do is improve things imo, it is a far better option than doing nothing.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 12:12

Snowflake Royal
Dirk Gently
NathStPaul We wouldn't be relegated with a proper football manager in charge of the club, we have more than enough in terms of ability to stay up. That is the reason that there would be a lot of apllicants for the job should it come up. The other factor is whoever took over could only do better than what we have now.

Warnock could keep us up no problem. He joined Rotherham ffs.

He's the exact sort we need, he gets the players on side and has the "us against you" mentality. We all know what he's like and I know he isn't well liked but he is a proper football manager who has got teams out of worst spots than the one we are in. Get him in until June to keep us safe.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jan 2022 12:12

We're not that deserate, shirley?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2022 12:12

Even a completely useless manager will have a fresh approach and take a dozen games to be found out.

That could be enough to get us over the line.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Jan 2022 12:15

It literally will take a manager that can get us half a dozen wins or so (7 top side) and a few extra draws here and there. I can't see Peterborough, Derby of Barnsley getting over 40 points and 6 wins puts us on 40 and even 3 draws will have us on 43, that would be enough for me this season.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 12:16

We realistically need to win another 5 games and a few draws based on what is below us. I would be fairly confident a manager who knows what he is doing could achieve this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2022 12:17

Dirk Gently We're not that deserate, shirley?

Arsehole he may be. He's an absolute quality manager.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Jan 2022 12:25

Get him in. Be great to have even more clubs against us. Create the siege mentality. For the remainder of the season the fans would buy into that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 13:02

paultheroyal

Get him in. Be great to have even more clubs against us. Create the siege mentality. For the remainder of the season the fans would buy into that.

We absolutely are this desperate.

And that image in my mind is exactly why I'd be delighted to have him.

Will never happen though so it doesn't matter.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jan 2022 13:20

Snowflake Royal

Arsehole he may be. He's an absolute quality manager.

I think more than anything, we need an arsehole now. Smash the place up a bit and rid the place of the lethargy

Nothing sums us up more than that yesterday. Assume no attempt to call the game off despite a thousand injuries, then put in a lame, weak and generally pathetic performance.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 13:28

I can just see it now...

Hoping for: Colin.

Actually get: Mr Bean

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 20 Jan 2022 13:41

Any new manager will already be known to either the Dai's and / or Kia and will be drawn from that list only, forget everyone else.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 20 Jan 2022 13:57

Still want Warnock. He will bring passion and a kick up the arse for anyone not putting 100% in.

Deal until summer and then review where we are then.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 20 Jan 2022 14:04

Am in complete agreement with the last few posts. Warnock for me...all day long.

Would completely kick the useless lazy gits we have now. Pauno simply can't do it. We need a right hard nasty git, and we
need him now. More I think about...Warnock is the man. Go get him RFC. Just do it.

JR

by JR » 20 Jan 2022 14:04

Getting Warnock up the M5/M4 is the biggest open goal you can imagine.

Complete no-brainer.

328 posts