Not any time soon. It'll take more defeats before the owners act
18%
Ian Royal
9%

Total votes: 80
TiagoIlori

Re: When will Pauno be sacked?

by TiagoIlori » 12 Jan 2022 18:57

I think the second paragraph is more significant. Clear indication that the club are aware it’s not gone to plan for him.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 19:00

Brogue
hughsies no.1
McDermolenko EddieRFC (behind many Reading leaks on Twitter) has said Paunovic did not take training today

No-one took training today because they were all off...

That was supposedly clarified that although the players would not be in for training the manager always is. And pauno has always been in the following day….

Training at RFC happens without the players? Guys I think I've spotted the problem.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Jan 2022 19:15

Millsy
Brogue
hughsies no.1

That was supposedly clarified that although the players would not be in for training the manager always is. And pauno has always been in the following day….

Training at RFC happens without the players? Guys I think I've spotted the problem.

There could be something in this....he was at Bearwood Sunday following the cup game

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2022 19:32

Millsy
SouthDownsRoyal
Snowflake Royal Think these things tend to take a little longer than people think.

Someone will actually have to get hold of the owner. Explain the issue. Then they'll have to negotiate a settlement and get their paperwork sorted.

Explain the issue? Just to clarify to the owners that losing to Kidderminster harriers and then seven nil is an issue?

He's having a clever pop at the Owners being so far removed from the situation they have no idea what's going on unless someone travels over to them, hunts them down and explains it to them face to face.

Manager hasn't spoken to the owner this year. Quite plausible he doesn't actually check our results regularly.

Plausible he's not heard of Kidderminster Harriers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2022 19:35

Snowflake Royal Think these things tend to take a little longer than people think.

Someone will actually have to get hold of the owner. Explain the issue. Then they'll have to negotiate a settlement and get their paperwork sorted.

Depends whether they were considering sacking him previous. He may already have been on final warning with replacements scouted out (second bit unlikely tbh)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2022 19:35

Hound

Depends whether they were considering sacking him previous. He may already have been on final warning with replacements scouted out (second bit unlikely tbh)

Possible. But given he's not gone, probably not.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 12 Jan 2022 19:40

Heard that the reason Pauno wasn't at training today was because he overslept this morning.

His wife was quoted saying she tried to raise him from his slumber by shouting "Veljko wake up it's eight!"

Apparently he mumbled "Have they scored another one?" before rolling over and going back to sleep.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Jan 2022 19:50

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
SouthDownsRoyal
Explain the issue? Just to clarify to the owners that losing to Kidderminster harriers and then seven nil is an issue?

He's having a clever pop at the Owners being so far removed from the situation they have no idea what's going on unless someone travels over to them, hunts them down and explains it to them face to face.

Manager hasn't spoken to the owner this year. Quite plausible he doesn't actually check our results regularly.

Nope - he watches all games live, according to the last club officlal update

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2022 20:46

morganb Heard that the reason Pauno wasn't at training today was because he overslept this morning.

His wife was quoted saying she tried to raise him from his slumber by shouting "Veljko wake up it's eight!"

Apparently he mumbled "Have they scored another one?" before rolling over and going back to sleep.

Taxi.

Niko

by Niko » 12 Jan 2022 21:57

Millsy
Brogue
hughsies no.1

That's when they plan who's turn it is to get injured next.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2022 22:01

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal
Millsy

Nope - he watches all games live, according to the last club officlal update

Then he really should have already done something.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 22:51

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
SouthDownsRoyal

Yes I agree I think it was clever. Wasn't having a pop.

clauski

by clauski » 13 Jan 2022 00:34

CountryRoyal
Sutekh Remember the time they gave Stam? Think he overstayed by about 3 months so “nothing to see here” isn’t entirely surprising but at least JS had built up a little “stock” after the playoff final. VP though has not got anywhere near that “stock”, so unless the finance issues stretch into management costs I can only believe the owners think it’s down to the injuries and it’ll all get better when Joao and Meite are back.

We are way past that though, most clubs would have fired Pauno months ago.

As unlucky as he might have been with injuries and the situation behind the scenes, I think he’s still been extremely lucky to have a job.

I think the start to last season built him some stock and has enabled the injuries issue to permit the benefit of the doubt to date. Whether that’s still enough though we’ll see.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Jan 2022 14:07

I'm beginning to get a little nervous.

Surely the owners have had someone lined up and are ready to pounce? It's not like there weren't warning signs after last season. Or an exponential clamour from fans this season?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jan 2022 14:19

CountryRoyal
morganb Heard that the reason Pauno wasn't at training today was because he overslept this morning.

Taxi.

Getting Terry Bullivant back probably won’t help the situation though.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jan 2022 14:44

Could FFP and compensation be an issue? Is it possible that we can't afford to sack him, or would need EFL approval?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2022 15:01

WestYorksRoyal Could FFP and compensation be an issue? Is it possible that we can't afford to sack him, or would need EFL approval?

Possible, probably not likely

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2022 15:09

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Could FFP and compensation be an issue? Is it possible that we can't afford to sack him, or would need EFL approval?

Possible, probably not likely

I don't think there is any chance sacking him would be an issue. For instance if we sacked him, paid off the last of his 5-6 months in full and say Quinton Fortune took over to the end of the season, then we've not changed the budget at all

The issue could be bringing in a replacement from outside. But I did think it was explicit that it was player contracts/wages that were subject to restrictions but might be wrong there

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Jan 2022 15:54

I guess it's not just him is it, it's the whole backroom staff that would need to be paid off/ replaced right? (except if QF stays as caretaker)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2022 15:58

Millsy I guess it's not just him is it, it's the whole backroom staff that would need to be paid off/ replaced right? (except if QF stays as caretaker)

Yep