578 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam moore

by Hound » 01 Feb 2022 15:33

Sutekh
Hound
Millsy
Definitely should be, but this doesn't provide a reason for it. Seems reasonable to me.

Moore had to go and Ince seems to be a reasonable striking/attacking option if you look at recent form. Killing two birds with one stone (with Puscas going).

the comment was in reference to this

'Paunovic in the last interview said he wanted to play Moore'

Why did he retire then, might he make a better player than manager even at 44?

struggle to be worse tbf

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 01 Feb 2022 21:24

hughsies no.1 Know I’m in the minority here, but this whole Liam Moore saga is a mess and I can’t wait for him to come out with his side of the story - if he ever does.

He’s a decent Championship defender, always rates highly for blocks, clearly respected and liked by his team mates and has been made a scapegoat by the club.

He had his head turned by a move to Brighton, who wouldn’t given where we were and then was offered a bumper deal when being told we are not accepting £8m for him or whatever it was. Why wouldn’t he take that?

In terms of ability I’d certainly rather have him at CB ahead of Holmes at present (I know Holmes has a bright future but his performances of late have been awful).

I don’t think Moore’s performances have been any worse than the golden boy Laurent who gets let off the hook every week by fans just because he gives us a clap or many others tbf.

Good luck to Moore and hope it works out for him - genuinely don’t think he’s the bad egg the club are making him out to be.

A very good statement from Moore on his Instagram this evening - even more convinced now that he’s being used as a scapegoat by the Club and a proportion of our fans.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Feb 2022 21:26

hughsies no.1
hughsies no.1 Know I’m in the minority here, but this whole Liam Moore saga is a mess and I can’t wait for him to come out with his side of the story - if he ever does.

He’s a decent Championship defender, always rates highly for blocks, clearly respected and liked by his team mates and has been made a scapegoat by the club.

He had his head turned by a move to Brighton, who wouldn’t given where we were and then was offered a bumper deal when being told we are not accepting £8m for him or whatever it was. Why wouldn’t he take that?

In terms of ability I’d certainly rather have him at CB ahead of Holmes at present (I know Holmes has a bright future but his performances of late have been awful).

I don’t think Moore’s performances have been any worse than the golden boy Laurent who gets let off the hook every week by fans just because he gives us a clap or many others tbf.

Good luck to Moore and hope it works out for him - genuinely don’t think he’s the bad egg the club are making him out to be.

A very good statement from Moore on his Instagram this evening - even more convinced now that he’s being used as a scapegoat by the Club and a proportion of our fans.

Why? He isn't going to come out and admit he is a complete cnut is he? He is all words and no action, if he has something to say then he should say it and provide evidence.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Feb 2022 21:52

NathStPaul
hughsies no.1

Why? He isn't going to come out and admit he is a complete cnut is he? He is all words and no action, if he has something to say then he should say it and provide evidence.

As referenced though, I don't think there is just one side to this story either.

I've personally always seen Moore as an honest, professional and committed footballer. If other don't, that's fine, but I have since he has been here. I think he was right to be our captain as he earned a lot of respect in the dressing room that was absolutely tarnished by the club statement a couple of weeks back making him out to be some sort of villain, which I just don't believe.

If someone wants to leave to progress their career, fine by me, but I don't believe it was all his decision, I think he has been forced out due to his wages and the clubs situation. It just doesn't all stack up that Moore is at fault for this whole debacle.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Feb 2022 22:19

YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul
hughsies no.1

As referenced though, I don't think there is just one side to this story either.

I've personally always seen Moore as an honest, professional and committed footballer. If other don't, that's fine, but I have since he has been here. I think he was right to be our captain as he earned a lot of respect in the dressing room that was absolutely tarnished by the club statement a couple of weeks back making him out to be some sort of villain, which I just don't believe.

If someone wants to leave to progress their career, fine by me, but I don't believe it was all his decision, I think he has been forced out due to his wages and the clubs situation. It just doesn't all stack up that Moore is at fault for this whole debacle.

Yep agreed. He could easily have responded in kind to that statement and chose not to do so.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Feb 2022 22:20

hughsies no.1

Agreed.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 Feb 2022 22:35

Zip
hughsies no.1

Agreed.

+1

Also there are enough current players who are (publicly) wishing him well. Won’t be long before our “fans” escape goat them

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZcwEL5ozLr ... _copy_link

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Feb 2022 23:13

Uke
Zip
hughsies no.1

Agreed.

+1

Also there are enough current players who are (publicly) wishing him well. Won’t be long before our “fans” escape goat them

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZcwEL5ozLr ... _copy_link

Yep I mentioned that when the statement came out he would have plenty of allies in the squad who would be far from happy about what was said. Our owners appear utterly clueless. That statement looks more idiotic by the day.
Good luck to him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2022 23:22

In the question of who is at fault here, the answer is more who is most at fault in a race to the bottom of awfulness, there's certainly no innocent parties.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Feb 2022 07:15

Liam Moore fan boys out in force.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Feb 2022 07:47

Good professional message from Liam on saying goodbye (at least for the rest of this season). Hope he does really well at Stoke esp. as he won’t be allowed to play when the clubs meet in April 8)

He’s also said to Stoke that he wants to make it permanent so hopefully some deal can be reached in the summer and Reading would at least get his wages off the books (though ffp is rumoured to be an issue up there before too long).

Overall actually think Liam’s been a good servant of the club though agree his form has tailed away this season (but then given the mess that masquerades as the playing side of things currently that’s not a surprise). May well be issues on both sides over the way it’s all ended but at least Liam has said the right things in the right way.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Feb 2022 09:20

Given his statement last night in doesn't look like he will kick a ball for the club again now really. It was all handled really poorly all things considered and whilst no party is blameless, it should have been done far better than this really.

He's obviously seen a lot more this season off the field that we haven't seen which will probably all end up coming to light at some point in the future.

Overall, it's just a good move for all involved. Stoke get a good player, we massively reduce our wage bill on just one player and we also lose a player that hasn't performed to the levels he did during the play off final season and the season after. In the short term, it's all very sour but it will benefit us in the long term.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Feb 2022 09:25

With Moore, he was great at first but clearly got worse over time and would have been the right time to move on anyway.

It's done now, he's gone and clearly no-one expects him back. It had turned into a distraction, so now, lets draw a line under it all, move on and focus on just staying up.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Feb 2022 10:12

Glad he's gone.

Purely out of interest as he's irrelevant now really... can someone remind me what the deal with him was? IIRC he had signed a 4 or 5 year deal in 2017 or so? And then Brighton wanted him so we renegotiated an even more ludicrous 5 year deal in 2018? Was there a min fee release clause for him or something in the original bumper deal which is why we had to renegotiate?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Feb 2022 10:13

Yes nice to see he was keeping it professional but 100% the right time to move on and very much hope that becomes permanent in the summer

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Feb 2022 10:37

Would like to hear the explanation as to why he moved away from the area back to the midlands last year, presumably before these off field issues occurred and whilst he was still committed fully to the club as club captain?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Feb 2022 10:41

Jagermesiter1871 Would like to hear the explanation as to why he moved away from the area back to the midlands last year, presumably before these off field issues occurred and whilst he was still committed fully to the club as club captain?

Would imagine it was family related, think his kids were still up in Leicester as he didn't want them to move school.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 02 Feb 2022 21:48

NathStPaul
hughsies no.1

Agreed.

Bye bye Liam

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Feb 2022 23:19

NathStPaul Liam Moore fan boys out in force.

Are you a Dai Yongge fanboy OMA?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Feb 2022 23:38

Zip
NathStPaul Liam Moore fan boys out in force.

Are you a Dai Yongge fanboy OMA?

It's really better to just think they're all tossers.

578 posts