Re: Liam moore

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2022 23:33

To conclude …

Moore OUT

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2022 23:37

Don`t know about Liam walking away but I`m tempted to walk away from the club I`ve supported for over 50 years, I`ve never seen it in such a mess.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 23:43

Moore couldn't really do anything but play injured party after that statement to be fair.

They've basically said he's a gutless money grubbing ingrate.

I mean, he is... but even I wouldn't say that in a statement.

After considerable discussions over several months between Liam Moore and Veljko Paunovic, a difficult decision has been made to appoint a new club captain. The club is going through a challenging time, both financially and on the pitch.

Liam's career has not progressed as he had hoped, and neither has the club's fortunes. Both parties agree it is time for a change and fresh start. With both the club and Liam looking at his future options elsewhere, it is not ideal for Liam to continue to lead the players, when his focus cannot be 100% on Reading FC.

We would like to join our fans in thanking Liam for all his hard work, and dedication over the years. We know he will continue to contribute his best when called upon, and be an influential figure in the squad.

Yadda yadda. I mean yeah it's fairly transparent there's a much bigger issue at play, but at least there's a degree of professionalism to the lie.

We just come across as a petty and vindicative jilted spouse with our actual statement.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2022 23:45

windermereROYAL Don`t know about Liam walking away but I`m tempted to walk away from the club I`ve supported for over 50 years, I`ve never seen it in such a mess.
you”l be back…the same as,e

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 23:46

Dunno why anyone would want to walk away because Moore's being forced out. I'll be buying bunting tomorrow.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2022 23:53

Me too…been at the public domain of everything that is wrong with our club….yet not ‘Captain’ enough to see it through and get it changed.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Jan 2022 23:58

He can fcuk off. This is the most difficult time for the club for decades, and instead of the club captain taking responsibility and earning his massive wage, he downs tools.

Pretty scathing statement from the club that, really.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2022 00:00

Didn’t expect much different from him tbf…has previous.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jan 2022 00:02

Zip
CountryRoyal
Reading FC Statement Our club, together with its manager, is intent on selecting players in the first team squad who are dedicated to giving their absolute all to Reading Football Club..

Unless you’re Danny Drinkwater, of course.

It’s a nasty thing to say by the club particularly after our players just gave up v Fulham....and Moore wasn’t one of those involved in that capitulation.

Yep

I was convinced (well, told by others) that we’d start to win (and keep clean sheets) without Moore? No clean sheet since the 16th October. It’s almost like we play as bad with/without him

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jan 2022 00:04

It`s not just Moore it`s everything about the club for the best part of 5 years. apart from the first bit off last season it`s been a downward trend . 7 wins in a calendar year of 2017.
perennial relegation strugglers, couldn`t get lower than events over the last week, and now this shit show following yet another surrender this afternoon.
I`ll be ok tomorrow but fukk me this club needs some urgent surgery.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jan 2022 00:06

genome He can fcuk off. This is the most difficult time for the club for decades, and instead of the club captain taking responsibility and earning his massive wage, he downs tools.

He’s been part of a struggling team for a while now and is obviously a drain on the club financially, but on the other side why would you want to stay at a club where you’re so vehemently disliked by the majority of the fanbase?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2022 00:06

Started with the Captainship (lol) being changed.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2022 00:08

URZZZZ
genome He can fcuk off. This is the most difficult time for the club for decades, and instead of the club captain taking responsibility and earning his massive wage, he downs tools.

He’s been part of a struggling team for a while now and is obviously a drain on the club financially, but on the other side why would you want to stay at a club where you’re so vehemently disliked by the majority of the fanbase?
because there's plenty of reasons for the ‘dislike’ ?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Jan 2022 00:10

You can call it poor taste but the club aren't going to put a statement like that without significant reason. I imagine he's pissed off a fair few. Asking to leave in the middle of a relegation battle, when you're the club captain earning £35k a week?

I can't be arsed with footballers any more. :lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2022 00:11

They'll be photos of him chained to AMEX Stadium gates released soon.

Seriously though imagine being his agent this weekend, tough job. My advice is to just find the most stupidly run club out there and try and flog him to them, a club with idiots who don't really understand football running it.

Congratulations on your new 4 year deal with Reading, Liam.
Last edited by NathStPaul on 16 Jan 2022 00:13, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jan 2022 00:12

AthleticoSpizz
URZZZZ

because there's plenty of reasons for the ‘dislike’ ?

Plenty of dislike before the allegations

His main crime being the high $$$ of course

Personally I’m looking forward to getting shot - but the problem extends beyond Liam Moore

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Jan 2022 00:12

Snowflake Royal Moore couldn't really do anything but play injured party after that statement to be fair.

They've basically said he's a gutless money grubbing ingrate.

I mean, he is... but even I wouldn't say that in a statement.

After considerable discussions over several months between Liam Moore and Veljko Paunovic, a difficult decision has been made to appoint a new club captain. The club is going through a challenging time, both financially and on the pitch.

Liam's career has not progressed as he had hoped, and neither has the club's fortunes. Both parties agree it is time for a change and fresh start. With both the club and Liam looking at his future options elsewhere, it is not ideal for Liam to continue to lead the players, when his focus cannot be 100% on Reading FC.

We would like to join our fans in thanking Liam for all his hard work, and dedication over the years. We know he will continue to contribute his best when called upon, and be an influential figure in the squad.

Yadda yadda. I mean yeah it's fairly transparent there's a much bigger issue at play, but at least there's a degree of professionalism to the lie.

We just come across as a petty and vindicative jilted spouse with our actual statement.

This part of the statement suggests that Mr Dai is a control freak. What a load of utter tosh.

we still demand loyalty, focus and committed performances from every individual who pulls on a Reading shirt in front of our fans. And we expect our players, particularly our new captain, to wear the crest with pride and dedicate their total focus to the club on behalf of its loyal fanbase.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Jan 2022 00:14

I can't believe I'm saying this but Courtney Friday made a good point on Twitter, the club has frozen players out in the past with some questioning whether they were right to do so but they never made a statement like they did tonight.

Makes me wonder WTAF is going on behind the scenes with the club and Moore for them to decide this needed a statement.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Jan 2022 00:17

John Madejski must be rolling in his grave

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2022 00:20

He aint dead (obvs :roll: ) etc etc

But yes, he must be as much p1ssed off as we are right now.

578 posts