Liam moore

578 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam moore

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 18:59

tmesis
Zip
tmesis What's stupid is that it doesn't sound like we'd stand in his way now if a club came in for him, but this action has made that less likely. If we don't sell him, we've got a player on high wages for the next 18 months that we can't even put in the team any more.

Unless he's already gone on strike to force a move, the statement was a terrible decision, given how desperate we are for any fit defenders.

Eddie itk saying Yongge sanctioned the statement and its tone. He just made it much harder to get any offers for him.

The only way it makes sense is if nobody wants him, and they are looking for a mutual termination.

Can’t see Moore going for much less than the full value of the remainder of his contract.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 17 Jan 2022 19:04

Liam Moore, should he ever play for RFC again, would have my full support as someone who has played over 200 times and captained my team. He has had his dips in form from time to time like any player but he played a full part in getting us to the play offs, and in recent seasons keeping us in the Championship.

He has spent arguably the prime years of his career with us between the ages of 23 and 28, and if he now wants away fair enough, but surely the situation could be handled better than this with all the other shit we’ve got to deal with at the moment.

As others have said the full story will no doubt come out in the end, just another side show when we need to all be pulling in the same direction.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Jan 2022 19:09

Mr Optimist Liam Moore, should he ever play for RFC again, would have my full support as someone who has played over 200 times and captained my team. He has had his dips in form from time to time like any player but he played a full part in getting us to the play offs, and in recent seasons keeping us in the Championship.

He has spent arguably the prime years of his career with us between the ages of 23 and 28, and if he now wants away fair enough, but surely the situation could be handled better than this with all the other shit we’ve got to deal with at the moment.

As others have said the full story will no doubt come out in the end, just another side show when we need to all be pulling in the same direction.

How is that remotely fair enough? He is contracted to a club (and until recently, as captain) who keeps batting on about "giving his all", yet when everything has gone to shit and we are facing relegation, instead of manning up, being a leader and fighting for the club, he expresses his desire to leave.

I don't care what's gone on behind the scenes, no one that does that is deserving of any support. Fcuking Reading fans are such a soft touch.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 19:16

Okay….putting aside the player and his personal ambitions and stuff behind the scenes, has he been a good Captain? Is he currently a good Captain?
If the answer to either question is no…RFC are correct to depose him of his ‘crown’

You all want transparency

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 17 Jan 2022 19:20

Whatever, I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve heard both sides of the story. Nothing to stop him giving his all when playing but still wanting away. He might want to move for personal reasons for all we know, that he didn’t want to be made public. He might think the manager is a fraud and he needs a fresh start somewhere else. People change jobs when they feel they are getting stale and need a new challenge or a fresh start, doesn’t mean they just drop tools before they go, called being a professional.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Jan 2022 19:36

Mr Optimist Whatever, I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve heard both sides of the story. Nothing to stop him giving his all when playing but still wanting away. He might want to move for personal reasons for all we know, that he didn’t want to be made public. He might think the manager is a fraud and he needs a fresh start somewhere else. People change jobs when they feel they are getting stale and need a new challenge or a fresh start, doesn’t mean they just drop tools before they go, called being a professional.

YEs agree to an extent but this is a guy who has asked for moved from Leicester and twice with us in the space of a few seasons

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 19:41

Mid Sussex Royal
Mr Optimist Whatever, I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve heard both sides of the story. Nothing to stop him giving his all when playing but still wanting away. He might want to move for personal reasons for all we know, that he didn’t want to be made public. He might think the manager is a fraud and he needs a fresh start somewhere else. People change jobs when they feel they are getting stale and need a new challenge or a fresh start, doesn’t mean they just drop tools before they go, called being a professional.

YEs agree to an extent but this is a guy who has asked for moved from Leicester and twice with us in the space of a few seasons

He’s been with us nearly six seasons. It’s not like he has moved from club to club during his career.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Jan 2022 19:50

CountryRoyal
Mr Optimist Liam Moore, should he ever play for RFC again, would have my full support as someone who has played over 200 times and captained my team. He has had his dips in form from time to time like any player but he played a full part in getting us to the play offs, and in recent seasons keeping us in the Championship.

How is that remotely fair enough? He is contracted to a club (and until recently, as captain) who keeps batting on about "giving his all", yet when everything has gone to shit and we are facing relegation, instead of manning up, being a leader and fighting for the club, he expresses his desire to leave.

I don't care what's gone on behind the scenes, no one that does that is deserving of any support. Fcuking Reading fans are such a soft touch.

I've go no problem with players wanting to leave. That's part of the game. As long as they still put the effort in until they go, that's all you can ask. Demanding loyalty from players is unrealistic. Every single player a club signs has been 'disloyal' to the club they left, yet nobody complains about disloyalty when they sign a player.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 19:52

Clubs expend of players services…always have, always will (Murty?)

Liam isn’t a Sidwell, and his recent off-field antics have left me without confidence in ever seeing him putting-in a committed shift in the hoops (lol, tho’ maybe QPR) ever again.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 17 Jan 2022 20:07

Eddie’s just posted saying the Moore club statement was ordered by Dai. If so, he’s an absolute disgrace.

Dai Out

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Jan 2022 20:11

Notts Royal Eddie’s just posted saying the Moore club statement was ordered by Dai. If so, he’s an absolute disgrace.

Dai Out

Is Dai “the racist”?

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 17 Jan 2022 20:24

CountryRoyal

Agreed.

I find it astonishing that when a player who is paid more than anyone else and is given a trusted responsible important role for the Club, some fans are supportive of him!!!

Good luck to him elsewhere in his career. It’s not personal; it’s professional sport and it’s our club that matters.

I don’t want someone with his questionable attitude at our Club anymore.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Jan 2022 20:28

Steve Sidwell, everyone. Decided to leave, and then gave it everything until he did. Some of the comments here about Moore a very shortsighted.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 17 Jan 2022 20:32

Zip
The Green Programme
Zip

Of course he did. We didn’t have to give it to him though did we?
Had we been sensibly run we would have let him go. We weren’t. Don’t blame him for getting the best deal he could.
The financial ruin was entirely self inflicted.,

It’s an amazing thing that after a player has clearly, demonstrated total disrespect and disloyalty on two separate occasions when Captain of the Club and displayed mediocrity in his performances over the past two years (Laurent, Holmes, Dann, McIntyre and Morrison have all done a better job over that period) some of our fans defend his behaviour.

For those who think that Moore has displayed the characteristics of the kind of true leader and Captain we would like to see at our Club, you clearly know nothing about what is required of someone appointed to such a privileged and influential role within the Club.

I will not miss his inauthentic, cliched automatised responses to our defeats and his unacceptable performances.

For a start there are two sides to the story. There is more to this than just Moore saying he doesn’t want to play for the club. I am not particularly defending him either. I want him gone. It is ridiculous though for posters to lay the blame on him for our financial ruin. If you go to your employers with ridiculous wage claims you will be told to piss off. We decided through Gourlay to pay him what he wanted.

I also dislike our internal problems being aired in public. Moore will have his allies in the changing room. How is this going to help?

I also won’t take lectures from you about captaincy requirements.

Sharing my opinion is not lecturing; although you are free to describe it in any way you like; it doesn’t make your description an accurate one.

It’s a forum.

Perhaps you would like to share your ‘captaincy requirements’ for our Club?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 20:41

The Green Programme
Zip
The Green Programme
It’s an amazing thing that after a player has clearly, demonstrated total disrespect and disloyalty on two separate occasions when Captain of the Club and displayed mediocrity in his performances over the past two years (Laurent, Holmes, Dann, McIntyre and Morrison have all done a better job over that period) some of our fans defend his behaviour.

For those who think that Moore has displayed the characteristics of the kind of true leader and Captain we would like to see at our Club, you clearly know nothing about what is required of someone appointed to such a privileged and influential role within the Club.

I will not miss his inauthentic, cliched automatised responses to our defeats and his unacceptable performances.

For a start there are two sides to the story. There is more to this than just Moore saying he doesn’t want to play for the club. I am not particularly defending him either. I want him gone. It is ridiculous though for posters to lay the blame on him for our financial ruin. If you go to your employers with ridiculous wage claims you will be told to piss off. We decided through Gourlay to pay him what he wanted.

I also dislike our internal problems being aired in public. Moore will have his allies in the changing room. How is this going to help?

I also won’t take lectures from you about captaincy requirements.

Sharing my opinion is not lecturing; although you are free to describe it in any way you like; it doesn’t make your description an accurate one.

It’s a forum.

Perhaps you would like to share your ‘captaincy requirements’ for our Club?

It doesn’t make your description accurate either. You do not know any more than the rest of us why Moore has decided to leave so don’t try and suggest those that don’t agree with you “know nothing”;about being captain and what that entails.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2022 20:46

Eddie reckons the post on the OS was ordered straight from the owner.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 20:52

Tbf, the wording of it sounded like those of somebody from ‘outside’ of the club (and ignorant of how eggshells have to be trodden on in British football).

He said it, it’s done now….nothing changes….Liam will not be missed.

Rax

by Rax » 17 Jan 2022 21:01

Sanguine Steve Sidwell, everyone. Decided to leave, and then gave it everything until he did. Some of the comments here about Moore a very shortsighted.

It was well known at the time that Sidders would go to Chelsea come contract end - he did indeed give 100% to the cause in that time and that was either down to a commendable attitude from the player or superb man management by Coppell.

I suspect we saw a combination of both.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 21:08

Them were the days

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 17 Jan 2022 21:09

We don’t know any information for what happened, Moore may well have his seasons for why he wants to leave. That’s up to him to come out and defend himself. If the club was run well I’d be inclined to think they didn’t do much wrong, however it isn’t so we can’t make that assumption. How Moore handled the Brighton saga doesn’t exactly make me think he acted like an angel either here.

Until that information comes out I can only be sad to see what an awful mess the club is in.

578 posts