Liam moore

578 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Liam moore

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Feb 2022 09:40

muirinho
Hound I think he is one of those players who can appear better than they are when you first watch as well. All the lunges and shouting and stuff look impressive to start with

Anyway, good luck to him, hope he has a good end to the season and moves on

Thing with Liam Moore is pretty common, when they're new, you see what they bring to the party, when they've been here a while, their party tricks are old-hat, and their faults are starting to grate.

How many times has a new player featured in the end-of-season player of the year awards his first year - and "goes downhill" every year after that?

It's a very rare player that can stay at a club more than 3 years and still be as popular as they were after the first season.

See also Josh Laurent, Andy Yiadom, etc

I agree with this to be fair, to keep that level of consistency is difficult. It doesn't mean they will win player of the year every season, but usually a player of the season somewhere either ends up moving on or does suffer a dip the next season, like Josh Laurent this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2022 09:44

would say Yiadom has been consistently pretty good tbf. Injury prone at times, but otherwise solid. Laurent has been really hot and cold this year, some good games but some really sloppy ones as well. Being paired with Drinkwater hasn't helped.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Feb 2022 10:41

YorkshireRoyal99
muirinho
Hound I think he is one of those players who can appear better than they are when you first watch as well. All the lunges and shouting and stuff look impressive to start with

Anyway, good luck to him, hope he has a good end to the season and moves on

Thing with Liam Moore is pretty common, when they're new, you see what they bring to the party, when they've been here a while, their party tricks are old-hat, and their faults are starting to grate.

How many times has a new player featured in the end-of-season player of the year awards his first year - and "goes downhill" every year after that?

It's a very rare player that can stay at a club more than 3 years and still be as popular as they were after the first season.

See also Josh Laurent, Andy Yiadom, etc

I agree with this to be fair, to keep that level of consistency is difficult. It doesn't mean they will win player of the year every season, but usually a player of the season somewhere either ends up moving on or does suffer a dip the next season, like Josh Laurent this season.

Would also add with regards to Moore that he hasn't really had a settled CB partner for a while now. The best teams have a settled CB duo. We have (had) 5 CB's, all of similar ability, and all fairly injury prone

When Moore first came onto the scene, was pretty much a given that he was paired with McShane, the two of them worked really well together. Same with Morrison at the start of last season and with Miazga for a while too. But there's also been too many periods where it chops and changes each week

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Feb 2022 11:32

Best debut from a defender since when?! Great display from the big man.

Strolled through the game. Not sure he even broke sweat.

Really liked how he sold out for that diving headed clearance. Seems a good defender we've got in.

impressive. Looks decent on the ball too.

I think he'll be a very good signing. He's been consistently good in this Division for a few seasons.

Wigan are as good as several Championship sides if not better, and he looked very controlled and calm at the back. His distribution was good too.

Take a bow son.

Future captain without a doubt if he stays. His gob was going all game. Lovely to see given he's just walked into the building.

I thought we did look secure, they only got in the once

He was absolutely fine and a leader on the pitch.
Apart from one little error when he got caught in possession 2nd half I thought he strolled through the game.
Will be very interesting now to see if we play with a back four on Tuesday or back 3

Yep, looked very calm and reassuring

Very impressed

Mom by a country mile today

Loved already. Let's hope we are posting similar comments after Tom Ince wears the blue and white hoops.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Feb 2022 17:13

Hound would say Yiadom has been consistently pretty good tbf. Injury prone at times, but otherwise solid. Laurent has been really hot and cold this year, some good games but some really sloppy ones as well. Being paired with Drinkwater hasn't helped.

Think Yiadom is actually a great example of a player who comes in and raises quality and a real breath of fresh air, who has mostly maintained performance levels, but whose weaknesses have been gradually more and more apparent.

His tendency to foul unnecessarily and lose his temper. His reluctance to cross.

The sorts of things you don't worry about in a team playing well, but become increasingly frustrating in a team playing shit.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Feb 2022 19:41

Snowflake Royal
Hound would say Yiadom has been consistently pretty good tbf. Injury prone at times, but otherwise solid. Laurent has been really hot and cold this year, some good games but some really sloppy ones as well. Being paired with Drinkwater hasn't helped.

Think Yiadom is actually a great example of a player who comes in and raises quality and a real breath of fresh air, who has mostly maintained performance levels, but whose weaknesses have been gradually more and more apparent.

His tendency to foul unnecessarily and lose his temper. His reluctance to cross.

The sorts of things you don't worry about in a team playing well, but become increasingly frustrating in a team playing shit.

Explains the lack of interest from other clubs when he was available on a free following Barnsley's relegation. Never going to improve his game to a higher level.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 07 Feb 2022 21:54

Lower West
Snowflake Royal

Explains the lack of interest from other clubs when he was available on a free following Barnsley's relegation. Never going to improve his game to a higher level.

I think perhaps Yiadom is a tad overrated at the club & it probably has a lot to do with the fact he replaced Gunter. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of Yiadom, and he’s a good right back at this level. He’s just overrated by us

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Feb 2022 22:23

Yids is a decent defender at this level but he isn’t good enough with his final ball to play as wingback. Just leave him as a fullback.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2022 09:24

Lower West
Snowflake Royal

Didn't Huddersfield try to sign him when they were in the Prem?

But yes, a good solid champ full back. With flaws like most players at this level.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Feb 2022 11:28

Notts Royal
Lower West
Snowflake Royal Think Yiadom is actually a great example of a player who comes in and raises quality and a real breath of fresh air, who has mostly maintained performance levels, but whose weaknesses have been gradually more and more apparent.

I think perhaps Yiadom is a tad overrated at the club & it probably has a lot to do with the fact he replaced Gunter. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of Yiadom, and he’s a good right back at this level. He’s just overrated by us

Agree with this, could have signed anyone in the RB role to replace Gunter and they’d be preferred

Don’t think a team pushing for promotion would have Yiadom as a first choice RB but given that’s far off our target, he’s OK. As was the case for Gunter having little competition for years, would like to see someone compete with Yiadom who isn’t a midfielder or CB

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Feb 2022 12:23

URZZZZ
Notts Royal
Lower West

Agree with this, could have signed anyone in the RB role to replace Gunter and they’d be preferred

Don’t think a team pushing for promotion would have Yiadom as a first choice RB but given that’s far off our target, he’s OK. As was the case for Gunter having little competition for years, would like to see someone compete with Yiadom who isn’t a midfielder or CB

He's one of those players who would be fine in a top team surrounded by quality imo, but he wouldn't be one of the ones who lifted you to there

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Feb 2022 12:20

Just read that we are apparently paying for Moore's wages at Stoke whilst Stoke are paying for all of Ince's wages whilst the loan deals take effect. It definitely helps Stoke financially more than ourselves but might be a determining factor as to why we have struggled with free agents in accordance to what our wage budget needs to be this season and next.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 14 May 2022 15:13

Paul Ince on #ReadingFC’s Liam Moore:

“He’s doing stuff with the medical team. He’s our player now so there is a duty of care. He’ll be back next season, I’m not sure of the length of his injury but from what I gather he’s a good player, so we’ll see what happens.”

https://t.co/UrJiOW56Zw

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 May 2022 15:38

Good luck keeping to a budget with Moore taking up about a twelfth of it on his own, playing shit and hating being here.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 May 2022 19:50

Snowflake Royal Good luck keeping to a budget with Moore taking up about a twelfth of it on his own, playing shit and hating being here.

1. Keeping to the budget is compulsory. Needs no luck.
2. None of your 3 concerns are things that can’t be resolved.

Rax

by Rax » 14 May 2022 22:08

Just out of interest, how many games did Captain Calamity manage for Stoke before getting crocked?

Looks like we're stuck with him next season :cry:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 May 2022 22:14

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 May 2022 00:27

Nameless
Snowflake Royal Good luck keeping to a budget with Moore taking up about a twelfth of it on his own, playing shit and hating being here.

1. Keeping to the budget is compulsory. Needs no luck.
2. None of your 3 concerns are things that can’t be resolved.

It must be nice in your world of RFC branded butterflies and rainbows.

Delboy

by Delboy » 15 May 2022 06:31

Sell Puscas and pay more off

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 May 2022 07:32

I want Moore off the wage bill and if I had my way I’d get rid of most of the good players on paper who have been part of this losing, underperforming culture over the last few years.

Maybe Moore’s problems were with Pauno and his coaching staff, none of us really know. He has been a decent CB at times and a new manager might get the best out of him again. I just can’t see another team wanting to buy him and he’s not going to give up a year of very good wages. Hopefully, we can get rid but knowing how football can go he could be voted POTS next year,lol.

578 posts