Liam moore

578 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam moore

by From Despair To Where? » 15 May 2022 08:05

Not sure what else Ince could say regarding Moore. Whatever issues there are predate Ince and he can't realistically throw a player under the bus without having spent any time with him.

He's injured, we treat him, if he's available and required, we play him. Doing otherwise won't get him off the books anyway quicker.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 May 2022 09:52

blythspartan I want Moore off the wage bill and if I had my way I’d get rid of most of the good players on paper who have been part of this losing, underperforming culture over the last few years.

Maybe Moore’s problems were with Pauno and his coaching staff, none of us really know. He has been a decent CB at times and a new manager might get the best out of him again. I just can’t see another team wanting to buy him and he’s not going to give up a year of very good wages. Hopefully, we can get rid but knowing how football can go he could be voted POTS next year,lol.

Given Bowen wanted rid, it's definitely not just Paunovic where the problem was.

Although this season the problem seemed much more with the owner than Paunovic anyway.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 15 May 2022 10:26

morganb Paul Ince on #ReadingFC’s Liam Moore:

“He’s doing stuff with the medical team. He’s our player now so there is a duty of care. He’ll be back next season, I’m not sure of the length of his injury but from what I gather he’s a good player, so we’ll see what happens.”

https://t.co/UrJiOW56Zw

I wonder who has told him that he is a good player.

In that comment it also shows perhaps that Ince being out of the game for so long is not that familiar with players and teams at this level-with our recent criteria for managerial appointments that makes him a shoe-in for the manager's job . :wink:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 May 2022 14:29

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Good luck keeping to a budget with Moore taking up about a twelfth of it on his own, playing shit and hating being here.

1. Keeping to the budget is compulsory. Needs no luck.
2. None of your 3 concerns are things that can’t be resolved.

It must be nice in your world of RFC branded butterflies and rainbows.

You seem to have been trying to answer someone completely different
It’s become a huge joke that if anyone dares to suggest you might not actually have your finger on the pulse you just get abusive.
You can’t even find a semi reasonable answer to my entirely accurate comment ....

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 May 2022 15:08

South Coast Royal

“He’s doing stuff with the medical team. He’s our player now so there is a duty of care. He’ll be back next season, I’m not sure of the length of his injury but from what I gather he’s a good player, so we’ll see what happens.”

In that comment it also shows perhaps that Ince being out of the game for so long is not that familiar with players and teams at this level-with our recent criteria for managerial appointments that makes him a shoe-in for the manager's job . :wink:

Because he is a good player? It's not even subjective, at his peak he was one of the best defenders in the Championship and was subject of a high bid from Brighton, this is all fact.

Now whether he's got a stinking attitude, downed tools or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that when everything was going well he was a fantastic player.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 15 May 2022 16:27

tidus_mi2
South Coast Royal

Because he is a good player? It's not even subjective, at his peak he was one of the best defenders in the Championship and was subject of a high bid from Brighton, this is all fact.

Now whether he's got a stinking attitude, downed tools or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that when everything was going well he was a fantastic player.

Maybe the issue here becomes "is" whereas it may well now be a case of "was".
I always felt that any move to Brighton was very speculative as they already had good players at centre-back and improved the squad by signing Webster.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 May 2022 18:11

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan I want Moore off the wage bill and if I had my way I’d get rid of most of the good players on paper who have been part of this losing, underperforming culture over the last few years.

Maybe Moore’s problems were with Pauno and his coaching staff, none of us really know. He has been a decent CB at times and a new manager might get the best out of him again. I just can’t see another team wanting to buy him and he’s not going to give up a year of very good wages. Hopefully, we can get rid but knowing how football can go he could be voted POTS next year,lol.

Given Bowen wanted rid, it's definitely not just Paunovic where the problem was.

Although this season the problem seemed much more with the owner than Paunovic anyway.

Bowen most likely was fully aware of the deep seated issues within the club (as was Nigel Howe). Offloading Moore was a sacrifice worth making when viewed in the bigger schemed of things.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 15 May 2022 18:28

It's pretty straight forward that we'd take any reasonably-cost opportunity we can to get him off the books.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 May 2022 18:33

Elm Park Kid It's pretty straight forward that we'd take any reasonably-cost opportunity we can to get him off the books.

To get him moved on he needs to be fit, and it’s not our choice if he moves and for how much.
We also need a plan that says we get him back playing to the level has has been for most of his career. If we can’t get him to accept a move we absolutely need him playing. He’s paid too much not to be part of the team....

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 16 May 2022 09:04

Nameless
Elm Park Kid It's pretty straight forward that we'd take any reasonably-cost opportunity we can to get him off the books.

To get him moved on he needs to be fit, and it’s not our choice if he moves and for how much.
We also need a plan that says we get him back playing to the level has has been for most of his career. If we can’t get him to accept a move we absolutely need him playing. He’s paid too much not to be part of the team....

This isn't true, no one is really going to play again for a good few weeks now. As a professional athlete he should be thinking to get himself fit over the summer. If he is serious about either leaving or staying - he should be doing everything in his power to get into shape.
I am sure the club are looking into packages we can offer him and his agent is looking at his options. If he is willing to look at his options then a deal can be done, no doubt.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 May 2022 09:15

A brown envelope under the table is a way to get rid of him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 May 2022 09:22

No fan of his nowadays but it’d be silly not to prepare for him to be back in the first team squad for next season

He really should be of our strongest CBs in a depleted squad. It’s everyone’s interest that he gets back to somewhere near his best and fully fit

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 16 May 2022 09:38

He could be our best CB and we do need him to be back in the team. Flip side is, we need him off the books to ease some of our recruitment restrictions. What we cant allow to happen is for him to be rotting on the side lines. Either ship him out on loan / sold / paid out to go somewhere on a free. Or get him in the team.
Its a 2 way street though, he has to want to come back and be fit to play for us and for the team. Otherwise we run the risk of wasting time, resources and money on a player just happy to do the bare minimum.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 16 May 2022 10:28

I'd assume that if he does get fit and we can't get rid then we'll send him out on loan again.

I honestly can't see him being part of our first team squad.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 May 2022 10:37

Elm Park Kid I'd assume that if he does get fit and we can't get rid then we'll send him out on loan again.

I honestly can't see him being part of our first team squad.

It’s difficult to see how he returns especially with Bowen apparently back at the club. Bowen wanted him out before he left. Moore is now of an age where he will want to be playing every week. Staying at a club where he is rotting in the reserves is not for him. Hopefully something can be negotiated whereby we don’t have to pay off his full final year leaving him as a free agent to negotiate a deal with another club.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 May 2022 11:20

Coppells Lost Coat He could be our best CB and we do need him to be back in the team. Flip side is, we need him off the books to ease some of our recruitment restrictions. What we cant allow to happen is for him to be rotting on the side lines. Either ship him out on loan / sold / paid out to go somewhere on a free. Or get him in the team.
Its a 2 way street though, he has to want to come back and be fit to play for us and for the team. Otherwise we run the risk of wasting time, resources and money on a player just happy to do the bare minimum.

That does nail exactly what we need, I think we're beyond the point of him beind part of the team though, hopefully since we were able to arrange him a loan in the January window, we might be able to arrange something similar to get all or at least some of his wages off the books.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2022 12:51

Thing is he's not actually a good defender anymore.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 May 2022 13:19

Snowflake Royal Thing is he's not actually a good defender anymore.

But then again he isn’t as bad as people like to make out

Personally think that whilst he had a decent first season, he was still part of a defence that conceded a lot of goals (64, which for a playoff team is very high). Not quite sure he was ever as good as he was made out whereas it’s the opposite now. Gone from a fairly solid Championship defender to a fairly average one. Of course he isn’t representing VFM but that shouldn’t have an impact on people’s actual assessments of his ability

Think people are fairly guilty of measuring to the extremes

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 May 2022 13:28

URZZZZ

Personally think that whilst he had a decent first season, he was still part of a defence that conceded a lot of goals (64, which for a playoff team is very high). Not quite sure he was ever as good as he was made out whereas it’s the opposite now. Gone from a fairly solid Championship defender to a fairly average one. Of course he isn’t representing VFM but that shouldn’t have an impact on people’s actual assessments of his ability

100% agree with this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2022 13:29

URZZZZ

Don't know what you're talking about. He's our worst ever defender and should be burned at the stake as a witch.

:?

578 posts