We DO have to take action ASAP.

157 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

We DO have to take action ASAP.

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 01:16

Reluctantly posting this, just too drained. But I realise after cautiously suggesting it first on the Pauno In thread and then finding myself plastering it on every other thread I see, and likeminded posts around too, probably best just get it out my system so people can knock the idea down and tell me to shut up, man up, and stop once and for all, because I can't see past this atm.

Basically... seems like Owners can't/won't get rid of Pauno and we're in serious trouble, no confidence from fans or players and we're crashing out of the champ.

I can only see two options

1) Get behind Pauno, hope that as players come back he'll have one of his good runs out the blue that will save us up. BUT THIS MEANS GET BEHIND THEM. i.e. sing Pauno's name, cheer the players' efforts, turn up in force and be POSITIVE at every opportunity.

2) Make a serious statement to the owners. I don't know what. Protest, Pants, Pitch invasion, boycotting, no idea. But something that will make them put him on some sort of garden leave (assuming FFP is the issue/can't get new person in ) and get ANYONE else in charge (Fortune, Ledge, Gilkes, Carroll, I don't know!) WITHOUT risking any further penalties. That ALONE might be all we need. Shake things up, even if there's noone coming in. Perhaps players will mysteriously stop being injured and be back in contention, boosted by no longer being forced to play tippy tappy play it around the back Drinkwater liability shite, defensively shite zonal (or whatever the issue is) crap, same formation, same plan. If the dressing room is lost, this will make enough of a statement to give players a boost. Eg whatever Ejaria's problem is might evaporate - long covid symptoms (if that's what it is) are notoriously nebulous - vague aches, tiredness, whatever and heavily linked to mood. He for one might be back.

I don't know.. just thinking out loudly, I was wrong to brush away the 2 goal comeback as nothing significant now that I've seen the same again today and I'm sorry. We're in trouble. Shut up and support, sing Pauno's name, cheer every effort by every player, make them all feel good and wanted... or do something drastic about it urgently.

I just think moaning half-arsed on HNA for the rest of the season as we watch our club crumble on itself is not an option unless we're happy to start again in League One with academy players and potentially new owners.
Last edited by Millsy on 19 Jan 2022 22:02, edited 2 times in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Do fans have to take action ASAP?

by Lower West » 16 Jan 2022 01:21

Matters are outside the fans control. What will be will be this season and most likely next.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 01:29

You may be right mate but that's my point. Are they really? Many of us witnessed the power of Pants Day - far more effective than I imagined so well done to the inventor of that! For me it was just an funny excuse to act like a tit. That might be a bit soft now, but an empty stadium will send shivers down any businessman's spine. For example. Do we want to be debating "what if" in League One for the next 10 years? Ok, sorry I've had my say. Will let the conversation roll.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 16 Jan 2022 09:24

It really is so simple how fans show their displeasure with the club, they simply don't go to the games, likes happening now and has been a good while.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jan 2022 09:58

Pitch invasions were almost commonplace back at elm park if we were not satisfied, it would seem the present fanbase are more tolerant to shit performances.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jan 2022 10:01

If you are not happy, don’t go. Attendance figures, money into club, caterers not getting return on their pitch will cause all sorts of issues for the club.

Anything else is utterly pointless and just land the club in more bother.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 10:42

Lower West Matters are outside the fans control. What will be will be this season and most likely next.

This season?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Jan 2022 10:46

Other clubs fans wouldnt be tolerating the crap we are going through. I honestly think we need to do something. Not going to games will just hit the club financially.

Blackburn fans were very vocal when they wanted the Venky's and Steve Kean out and this was when they were a premier league club. It would be nice to see our fans show passion for a change.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 11:18

Royal_jimmy Other clubs fans wouldnt be tolerating the crap we are going through. I honestly think we need to do something. Not going to games will just hit the club financially.

Blackburn fans were very vocal when they wanted the Venky's and Steve Kean out and this was when they were a premier league club. It would be nice to see our fans show passion for a change.

And how effective were they?

You do know who owns Blackburn now?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Jan 2022 11:25

Uke
Royal_jimmy Other clubs fans wouldnt be tolerating the crap we are going through. I honestly think we need to do something. Not going to games will just hit the club financially.

Yes because Blackburn have turned themselves around

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 11:26

Royal_jimmy
Uke

Yes because Blackburn have turned themselves around

After…? (hint - 2017-2018 season)

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Jan 2022 11:28

Uke
Lower West Matters are outside the fans control. What will be will be this season and most likely next.

This season?

In the lap of the Gods. The club is toxic.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 11:36

Lower West
Uke

This season?

Matters have never been under the fans’ control, no matter what we may think.

To them it’s all about owning prime real estate, trading million pounds worth of human athletes and making a profit. Ticket sales are almost nothing in real terms.

If a player increases in value by £5 million, that’s the equivalent of around a hundred full-stadium ticket sales.

A couple of thousand fans not buying a seat really isn’t going to bother or trouble the Dais for two or three seasons.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:37

Here's three ways you can make your feelings known, without actively harming the club further.

1) stop going.
2) go and be vocal about the manager / Moore / players / owner before the game, at HT and after the game
3) complain to the club

Do not invade the pitch. Do not break things. Do not fight. Do not threaten. Do not throw missiles.

And preferably remain supportive to the players on the pitch in game. Or at least silent.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:39

Uke
Lower West
Uke
This season?

To them it’s all about owning prime real estate, trading million pounds worth of human athletes and making a profit. Ticket sales are almost nothing in real terms.

If a player increases in value by £5 million, that’s the equivalent of around a hundred full-stadium ticket sales.

A couple of thousand fans not buying a seat really isn’t going to bother or trouble the Dais for two or three seasons.

Brand protection is also important. Empty stadia and discontent in the stands is not good for the brand on tv.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 11:41

Snowflake Royal Here's three ways you can make your feelings known, without actively harming the club further.

1) stop going.
2) go and be vocal about the manager / Moore / players / owner before the game, at HT and after the game
3) complain to the club

Do not invade the pitch. Do not break things. Do not fight. Do not threaten. Do not throw missiles.

And preferably remain supportive to the players on the pitch in game. Or at least silent.

1) ineffectual
2) you need the owners to be at the match on a regular basis for that to have any effect
3) “Thank you very much for your email. We have put your complaint on file. Please do not hesitate to contact us in future. Meanwhile here is a link to our customer satisfaction survey which will only take a short while to complete…”

We just have to ride it out, as always…

Pants day and other things can be fun to take part in though.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 11:42

Snowflake Royal
Uke
Lower West

Brand protection is also important. Empty stadia and discontent in the stands is not good for the brand on tv.

Do you really think the Dais care about the “brand” more than the value of the land?

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 16 Jan 2022 11:44

Uke
Lower West
Uke
This season?

Whilst not bothering them in the pocket I'm pretty sure it will have an impact on their credibility amongst their peers. An ever increasing sea of blue when (if ever again) we are on Sky, social media and negative press comments will all take their toll.
However, to what end? If the Dai's get fed up where does that leave us. There are no more SJM's out there to reduce us and what corporate organisation would want this basket case of a club?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 11:44

For me the only options are, and the ones that will be most vocal are

Mass pitch invasions
Breaking the stadium and violence
Abuse towards the owners and managers
Fighting and Missiles
Removing the owners car tires
Protesting outside the stadium en masses
Turning backs towards the pitch

I'm considering a protest or pitch invasions at the next home game

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:46

Uke
Snowflake Royal Here's three ways you can make your feelings known, without actively harming the club further.

1) stop going.
3) complain to the club

1) ineffectual
2) you need the owners to be at the match on a regular basis for that to have any effect
3) “Thank you very much for your email. We have put your complaint on file. Please do not hesitate to contact us in future. Meanwhile here is a link to our customer satisfaction survey which will only take a short while to complete…”

We just have to ride it out, as always…

Pants day and other things can be fun to take part in though.

Individually ineffectual, collectively and constantly, effective over time.

No club can afford to lose its fanbase. Fan pressure forces change in the end.

157 posts