Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2022 09:49

Either or Houndy, either or.

If Dai comes calling you can be my No 2 if you want. :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jan 2022 09:56

Snowflake Royal Either or Houndy, either or.

If Dai comes calling you can be my No 2 if you want. :lol:

Ian's no.2, what an honour :)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jan 2022 09:58

NathStPaul
Stranded Can save everybody the trouble:

Reading 0 Huddersfield 2

Att: 8,902 (700 Away)

Standed has given up hope everyone.... We are doomed.

I may be an optimist but I'm not an idiot.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 20 Jan 2022 10:10

Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal Change required. Real shake up needed.

..................Southwood
Yiadom, Holmes, Morrison, Rahman
.................Rinomhota
.........Laurent .........Bashiru
.......................Swift
..................Joao, Puscas

Fit your style to what you've got. High energy. Direct. Alternate playing through the middle with the full backs bending balls into the channels. Make the defence not know if they have to squeeze tight for the strikers dropping into space and playing with midfield or running off the shoulder in behind.

3 midfielders who will run all day. Help for Puscas to occupy multiple defenders rather than all sit on one attacker. Some actual first touch and vision in Joao.

No more fartarsing around with short passes going no where.

If Swift doesn't buck up, replace him with Camara. If Puscas is shit, stick on Clarke.

Won't happen. Same shit. Another defeat.

This all day long!! would be tempted to start Camara ahead of Swift as he's that badly off form right now. This would be our strongest side picked for month's and no excuses whatsoever!! There is no way that midfield should be getting bullied and should be full of running. I would be tempted to go long ball, and ping everything in Joao's direction and have Puscas picking up the pieces.

Agree with most of the above, i like the team (it wont happen) I dont like the idea of using Joao - as a target man he will give up very quickly.
Ping it into the channels for TDB and Puscas to run onto leave Joao in the middle and add a bit of guile and a goal threat. Rino, Laurent, TDB and Puscas have enough energy in them to keep the ball moving positively. Keeping possession is not essential to win football games. So lets have a few speculative balls in. Joao has the presence to cause problems........Swift who knows...he is due a worldy.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Jan 2022 10:53

A change in style probably is needed but I can't see it happening, Pauno will stick to his style and philosophy until the end of his time here.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 12:55

Think I'd take a 0-0 if you offered it to me now.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Jan 2022 13:02

NathStPaul Think I'd take a 0-0 if you offered it to me now.

I would take a 1-0 loss and not being embarressed aswell

I always have it in for huddersfield. Ever since we lost to them it seems we have been on a downward spiral.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Jan 2022 13:05

Snowflake Royal Change required. Real shake up needed.

..................Southwood
Yiadom, Holmes, Morrison, Rahman
.................Rinomhota
.........Laurent .........Bashiru
.......................Swift
..................Joao, Puscas

Fit your style to what you've got. High energy. Direct. Alternate playing through the middle with the full backs bending balls into the channels. Make the defence not know if they have to squeeze tight for the strikers dropping into space and playing with midfield or running off the shoulder in behind.

3 midfielders who will run all day. Help for Puscas to occupy multiple defenders rather than all sit on one attacker. Some actual first touch and vision in Joao.

No more fartarsing around with short passes going no where.

If Swift doesn't buck up, replace him with Camara. If Puscas is shit, stick on Clarke.

Won't happen. Same shit. Another defeat.

Wow, this might be your best post ever. I think it is. Well done, miracles can happen.

We simply have to go 2 up top

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Jan 2022 13:06

We haven't won since November, Huddersfield haven't lost since November.

So easy Reading win.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Jan 2022 13:36

Zip
windermereROYAL The smallest home crowd ever at the stadium.

Nah it won’t be close to the lowest. We had about 6,000 for our game v Sheffield Utd during the fag end of the Stam era.

About 1500 isn’t it for the tonka toy trophy v Orient, or whatever the associate members cup was called in 1999/2000. Don’t think that’ll be beaten.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Jan 2022 13:47

does anybody else other then me actually want us to get oxf*rd battered?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Jan 2022 13:48

Simmops does anybody else other then me actually want us to get oxf*rd battered?

No, I never want us to lose because I'm not a twat.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Jan 2022 13:51

I just want Paunovic removed from his position

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 20 Jan 2022 13:54

Can't stand the referee who has even had Premier League games this season or last.
Possibly the tallest one around.

Lots of talk about a changed system but they will only have one day to work on it (tomorrow) as today will have been a day off or warm down day.

Also the full-backs coming back from Africa will have to adjust very quickly if indeed they play at all.
I would hope that Joao starts, even if only for 45 minutes ,with Clarke maybe coming on for the second half.

In another thread somebody compared Puscas to Simon Church which I thought was a good comparison in many ways.
He so seldom brings anything to our team and having had half a season to make an impact is he ever going to do anything?

His ball retention just isn't good enough for a lone striker and as Pauno doesn't deviate from having a lone striker it is a waste to even select him.
Those 2 goals v Cardiff feels such a long, long time ago and we just have to accept that he is nowhere near as good as we hoped he would be.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Jan 2022 16:36

South Coast Royal Can't stand the referee who has even had Premier League games this season or last.

Lots of talk about a changed system but they will only have one day to work on it (tomorrow) as today will have been a day off or warm down day.

Also the full-backs coming back from Africa will have to adjust very quickly if indeed they play at all.
I would hope that Joao starts, even if only for 45 minutes ,with Clarke maybe coming on for the second half.

In another thread somebody compared Puscas to Simon Church which I thought was a good comparison in many ways.
He so seldom brings anything to our team and having had half a season to make an impact is he ever going to do anything?

His ball retention just isn't good enough for a lone striker and as Pauno doesn't deviate from having a lone striker it is a waste to even select him.
Those 2 goals v Cardiff feels such a long, long time ago and we just have to accept that he is nowhere near as good as we hoped he would be.

Puscas has certainly showed glimpses of his quality, even in games where it doesn't look as if he is doing too much, you can tell by his technical ability that he could potentially play higher, just not when he isn't scoring goals and probably not in this country either. If he moved back to Italy, he would probably end up in Serie A I'd reckon. Maybe not directly from us but either promotion with a Serie B team or a transfer from a Serie B at Serie A. Some players just don't cut the mustard for English football.

You'd think he has the physicality to, he's pretty strong, can win a header and is a willing presser, but just not on his own. If you're playing Puscas on his own up top, you effectively play without a forward, if you play Puscas with a strike partner, you've got a pretty sizeable threat.

I'm extremely surprised with the lack of quality wingers we've had over the last 2-3 seasons we haven't gone all in on a 3 at the back, wing backs and 2 up top system. Not suggesting it should be identical to Gomes as such, but Bowen recognised that with a 4 at the back and a diamond midfield and Pauno himself even tried this himself (away at Blackburn in our 4-2 victory last season). With the shape of our squad it seems the most obvious formation to play.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2022 17:56

YorkshireRoyal99 A change in style probably is needed but I can't see it happening, Pauno will stick to his style and philosophy until the end of his time here.

It was clear last season he was never going to adapt or change approach.

We could need a win in the last game of the season to stay up and it would still be the same crap. Genuinely psychotic.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2022 17:57

Royal_jimmy I just want Paunovic removed from this planet

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Jan 2022 19:15

Simmops does anybody else other then me actually want us to get oxf*rd battered?

It won`t make any difference, you can`t get much more of a battering than 7-0 and the guy is still in a job, so hoping we lose heavily will have zero consequences.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Jan 2022 19:16

YorkshireRoyal99
South Coast Royal Can't stand the referee who has even had Premier League games this season or last.

Puscas has certainly showed glimpses of his quality, even in games where it doesn't look as if he is doing too much, you can tell by his technical ability that he could potentially play higher, just not when he isn't scoring goals and probably not in this country either. If he moved back to Italy, he would probably end up in Serie A I'd reckon. Maybe not directly from us but either promotion with a Serie B team or a transfer from a Serie B at Serie A. Some players just don't cut the mustard for English football.

You'd think he has the physicality to, he's pretty strong, can win a header and is a willing presser, but just not on his own. If you're playing Puscas on his own up top, you effectively play without a forward, if you play Puscas with a strike partner, you've got a pretty sizeable threat.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Jan 2022 19:35

What f*cking hacks me off more than anything is he brings on Joao and takes off Puscas to play up top on his own only to bring on Clarke 10 minutes later with two up front. when has Puscas ever had that luxury?
I`ll be happy when he leaves this club and works with a coach that knows the f*ck what he`s doing.
He really doesn`t deserve the abuse he gets every game through no fault of his own.

258 posts