MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

258 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

by Royals and Racers » 21 Jan 2022 10:46

Reading buses will still not be operating a full football bus service tomorrow- it will be the same as the Fulham and Luton matches.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 21 Jan 2022 10:57

I've got £10 on a Cardiff, Huddersfield, Peterborough treble at 75/1 just to make sure it doesnt happen.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Jan 2022 11:09

YorkshireRoyal99
tidus_mi2 A lot of doomsayers saying we're nailed on for relegation, perk up a bit would you, everyone around us bar Derby is constantly losing and probably think the same as us, hell, Hull probably thought the same and that Blackburn would smash them, didn't happen.

We've had close calls lately where we have frustratingly thrown away wins at the end of games, just get one of those across the line and maybe a bit of belief can come back into the team.

Yeah I agree, I always think it's never as bad as it seems from the outside looking in. Whilst we definitely are not in a good place at the moment, I feel as if we are closer to getting a result (win) sooner rather than later.

A good performance tomorrow, hopefully get across the line with a win, bring in a reinforcement or two here and there and get some players back after being injured and things will start to look up.

Yep, reading this board you'd think we were the only team near the bottom struggling but if it wasn't for Derby (and that might not be an issue) the bottom 7 have just 2 total wins in their last 5 games.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2022 11:29

Although the only team not to have gained points on us in the last 6 down in the bottom half is Birmingham. And they're ahead of us and haven’t lost ground.

We're one of 3 teams with no wins in 6.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jan 2022 11:34

It only takes a win. It may seem unlikely to come given our poor form, but I believe that it could be around the corner and I still hope that it will be as well, starting on Saturday. It will only take a win and it will make our position look far healthier than it is now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2022 11:34

YorkshireRoyal99 It only takes a win. It may seem unlikely to come given our poor form, but I believe that it could be around the corner and I still hope that it will be as well, starting on Saturday. It will only take a win and it will make our position look far healthier than it is now.

true. But we said that before Derby and luton as well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2022 11:37

Hound
YorkshireRoyal99 It only takes a win. It may seem unlikely to come given our poor form, but I believe that it could be around the corner and I still hope that it will be as well, starting on Saturday. It will only take a win and it will make our position look far healthier than it is now.

And Birmingham and Swansea.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Jan 2022 11:53

Agreed. I was looking at the live table while we were leading against Derby and it didn't look at all bad. Anyone can beat anyone in the Champ, that's the beauty of it. We will win tomorrow.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jan 2022 12:16

Hound

I said it before we played Luton that just a win would be nice out of these two home fixtures given our current form. It was branded as a "bold statement" by someone.

Even though it looks unlikely, I still think we will win at some stage soon. If not, the manager simply has to go. Even though people mention the financial aspect of releasing Pauno from his contract, surely it won't be as damaging as the loss financially from dropping down a division.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Jan 2022 12:27

The Green Programme If we score first, I think we win.

If we concede first, and don’t equalise very soon afterwards; I think it’s likely to be a 3 or 4 goal thrashing and the wheels will definitely fall off completely; with even more media focus on our shambolic state of affairs as a result…..

And the pressure will build even more…

Conversely, the last time we scored first and won was the 16th October. Since then, we’ve thrown a two goal lead against Blackpool, a lead against Hull, a two goal lead against Derby, a lead against Kidderminster and a lead against Middlesbrough. To have not won any game in the last 5 after taking the lead is truly dreadful

I do also see your point though about the impact of conceding first given how fragile we look. I think the recurring theme is that we’re just not very good

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2022 12:31

Even if we go 2 up there's no belief we'll win the second the opposition has a go.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Jan 2022 12:34

URZZZZ

If we concede first, and don’t equalise very soon afterwards; I think it’s likely to be a 3 or 4 goal thrashing and the wheels will definitely fall off completely; with even more media focus on our shambolic state of affairs as a result…..

Conversely, the last time we scored first and won was the 16th October. Since then, we’ve thrown a two goal lead against Blackpool, a lead against Hull, a two goal lead against Derby, a lead against Kidderminster and a lead against Middlesbrough. To have not won any game in the last 5 after taking the lead is truly dreadful

I do also see your point though about the impact of conceding first given how fragile we look. I think the recurring theme is that we’re just not very good

Really think it might've been a sliding doors moment against Blackpool when Puscas missed that 1-on-1 to put us 3-0 up. Nothing really seems to have gone that well for us since then.

The Hull game was incredibly annoying as they were oxf*rd dreadful and it was a really bad mistake from Southwood that gave them the goal.

The Derby game could possibly also be put down to Southwood error, they didn't look like really scoring, even though they had a lot of the ball, until his mistake.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Jan 2022 12:36

We have gained 7 points from losing positions (could be argued 8 if you count QPR, even though we then threw away that lead), which compared to previous season is actually quite good.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jan 2022 12:37

Hendo
URZZZZ

Really think it might've been a sliding doors moment against Blackpool when Puscas missed that 1-on-1 to put us 3-0 up. Nothing really seems to have gone that well for us since then.

The Hull game was incredibly annoying as they were oxf*rd dreadful and it was a really bad mistake from Southwood that gave them the goal.

The Derby game could possibly also be put down to Southwood error, they didn't look like really scoring, even though they had a lot of the ball, until his mistake.

Yes that Puscas miss early in the second half may prove pivotal. We were fifth in the live table at that point but it would have papered over the cracks.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jan 2022 12:42

Zip
Hendo
URZZZZ

Yes that Puscas miss early in the second half may prove pivotal. We were fifth in the live table at that point but it would have papered over the cracks.

Even though it would have been papering over the cracks, that would have still meant 3 more points than what we are on now. The relegation fears wouldn't have been "as bad" if we had them and were 6 points clear of Peterborough (with our goal difference being at least 1 higher if we beat Blackpool, assuming it could have finished 3-2 for arguments sake). Alas, all ifs, buts and maybes.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Jan 2022 14:08

YorkshireRoyal99
Zip
Hendo

Even though it would have been papering over the cracks, that would have still meant 3 more points than what we are on now. The relegation fears wouldn't have been "as bad" if we had them and were 6 points clear of Peterborough (with our goal difference being at least 1 higher if we beat Blackpool, assuming it could have finished 3-2 for arguments sake). Alas, all ifs, buts and maybes.

If we play like we did on Wednesday night we’ll lose. I honestly hope I am wrong but I can only see a Huddersfield win. I witnessed that shit show first hand and it was worse than getting beat 7 0 by Fulham.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Jan 2022 14:39

I'd be thrilled if we started papering over the cracks

Dixie Norm

by Dixie Norm » 21 Jan 2022 14:49

I'm fairly confident that if we're 4-0 up in the 80th minute then we'll most likely go on to win

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 21 Jan 2022 15:28

Thomas Partey off a plane at midday yesterday - came on for Arsenal (did get sent off). But that is commitment to the cause, will we see similar commitment to a side that is in desperate need of it from Yiadom and Rahman tomorrow? I hope so!

In terms of my preferred team tomorrow, I have seen a lot shouting for two strikers, I personally wouldn't go that way, I would go back to basics, play players in their best position and try and connect some combinations that were so fruitful last season which we haven't been able to use this season. So...

Southwood
Yiadom - Holmes - Morrison - Rahman
Laurent - Rino
Halilovic - Swift - Camara/ TDB / Ejaria (preference Ejaria if fit)
Joao

Think Drinkwater is due a benching (tbh I think Laurent is to for the goals he has given away against Fulham and Luton but if there is a chance of getting Rino and Laurent back together who were so instrumental last season we have to take it).

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Jan 2022 15:40

i genuinely hope we get battered tomorrow

258 posts