Is this collectively, and singularly, the worst Reading team and management ever?

Is this the worst team ever

Yes
22%
No
56%
Ian Royal
22%

Total votes: 41
Once upon a time .

Re: Is this collectively, and singularly, the worst Reading team and management ever?

by Once upon a time . » 23 Jan 2022 14:33

This is nowhere near the worst RFC team , ability wise . But it is possibly one of the biggest wastes of ability teams we’ve had . This team , apart from a couple of players who are struggling at this level , should be well in the top half , pushing for the top six . Look what has happened at Nottingham Forest since a change of manager . Getting the right manager in at RFC could have the same effect .

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Is this collectively, and singularly, the worst Reading team and management ever?

by skipper » 23 Jan 2022 14:39

No. We once got relegated to the 4th tier.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2022 14:44

Definitely worse served up under Bullivant and Burns.

Rodgers had a side in a relegation fight that McDermott got 9th in a little over half a season.

And it was a side that was playing in the PL two years before with Rodgers able to spend millions on it.

You won’t find a manager who performed worse with a good side in Reading's history.

Clement had a worse side and little money. Stam and Pauno both had good seasons. Bullivant had a worse side.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Jan 2022 16:02

This is definitely not collectively and individually the worst Reading team and management ever.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Jan 2022 17:54

Pointless thread. It's not even close. Us oldies suffered miles worse.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 23 Jan 2022 18:51

Ascotexgunner Pointless thread. It's not even close. Us oldies suffered miles worse.

+1 ........Try seeing us getting stuffed at Oxford on a wet windy windy night under Terry "taxi" Bullivent , then you know what pain is

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Jan 2022 19:06

1-6 v Palace was a sh1tter

Our fans turned against Jimmy Quinn

That was my low……and yes, I already did the 1970s ….Charlie Hurley went public about willingly selling the whole useless team once

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Jan 2022 19:21

From Despair To Where? Absolutely not.

The Porterfield side was shocking, packed full of aging journeymen fit for the knackers yard and our current behind the scenes issues pale into insignificance compared to those as well. Absolutely the worst team I have seen in nearly 40 years of watching Reading. I've never felt so apathetic as I did then. Even the merger shit wasn't that bad as that galvanised people into concrete action.

The Bullivant team was a collection of poor players, playing poorly. However, as tmesis says, the spirit is worryingly similar.

Agree with all of this. I totally lost my interest in the club during Porterfield’s reign.

Having said that if we lose to the fakes I think this will have been the worst month in our entire history. Not just because of six straight defeats but primarily due to the worst Cup defeat ever followed by our biggest home defeat ever. That’s some achievement.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2022 22:39

AthleticoSpizz 1-6 v Palace was a sh1tter

That was my low……and yes, I already did the 1970s ….Charlie Hurley went public about willingly selling the whole useless team once

Missed that one playing cricket.

Loaned donface my 'lucky' kit to go to the game in. He was not impressed, surprised it made it back to me in one piece.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Jan 2022 09:17

When you see podcasts from ex Chicago Fire players, he clearly has something about him in terms of "fire in the belly" and getting at players but whatever he is instructing is not coming across to the players at all, and they just seem to be devoid of ideas and lacking confidence. vibes are not good. Get him gone.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 24 Jan 2022 13:51

I think the last 12 months of Ian Branfoot’s “football” was my lowest feeling in over 40 years as a supporter. Absolutely clueless hoofball, I remember thinking at that time that I’ve seen more skill in the Reading Sunday league than that shower of shite.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Jan 2022 13:57

This will certainly be the low point for any fan in their early 30s or below but you only have to look at our history to see that it has been much worse.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Jan 2022 15:40

Snowflake Royal

Loaned donface my 'lucky' kit to go to the game in. He was not impressed, surprised it made it back to me in one piece.
surprised that it fit him….surprised it would fit anyone

:wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 16:41

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal

surprised that it fit him….surprised it would fit anyone

:wink:

I'll admit that I bought it a bit big at 16, but it still fits me now... wore it to play football a couple of weeks ago.