Karl Hein -Confirmed

127 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Karl Hein -Confirmed

by Sutekh » 24 Jan 2022 19:33

Well let’s see first shall we. On the face of it seems a pointless waste of whatever resource the club has available given the issues with other areas the team but then if he somehow turns out to be the next Martinez it might be worth a shot. Big ask though, really struggle to recall any quality keepers at just 19 years old.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Jan 2022 19:33

windermereROYAL
NathStPaul The positive Pete brigade are in tonight I see! So boring.

And your endless negative posts aren`t?

There is nothing to be positive about, read the room. Get your head out of your backside.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 19:36

Do me a favour, it's brilliant we're scapegoating our own promising young keeper for conceding 15 goals in 4 games, where he was at fault for one or two of those, and bringing in a 19 year old with no league experience to replace him.

How can you not see the positives.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 24 Jan 2022 19:55

I recall Leicester selling Gordon Banks ( who was pretty useful ) , to bring in a 19 year old goalkeeper called Peter Shilton, —————- whatever happened to him ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Jan 2022 19:56

Sutekh Well let’s see first shall we. On the face of it seems a pointless waste of whatever resource the club has available given the issues with other areas the team but then if he somehow turns out to be the next Martinez it might be worth a shot. Big ask though, really struggle to recall any quality keepers at just 19 years old.
Mervyn Day

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Jan 2022 20:04

Seems a pointless signing to me but who knows. Tbh I’d rather a young winger with pace to burn who will remind me of a young Thierry Henry. Not a lot to ask.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Jan 2022 20:44

blythspartan Seems a pointless signing to me but who knows. Tbh I’d rather a young winger with pace to burn who will remind me of a young Thierry Henry. Not a lot to ask.

That’s not going to do us much good. We need a centre back in his prime, someone big and strong and good on the ball. Rudiger would be ideal and realistic.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jan 2022 21:10

When Rafael left it was confirmed almost immediately by VP that they would want to bring in another keeper. Here he is. So shouldn't be a shock. The club announced their plan and stuck to it.

Would I have preferred a more experienced player yes but given that we can only sign free agents, loans with no fee and only pay up to a certain level then the pool of available keepers will have been pretty small.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 23:15

Once upon a time . I recall Leicester selling Gordon Banks ( who was pretty useful ) , to bring in a 19 year old goalkeeper called Peter Shilton, —————- whatever happened to him ?

So one example in 50 years? With a world class keeper. Presumably in the top flight?

JR

by JR » 24 Jan 2022 23:34

Coppells Lost Coat
Millsy Southwood isn't as solid as we want to make ourselves believe he is. Several errors made.

He's clearly not just backup as we already have Andresson. While Hein may be another Virginia, he may also be decent so I'm up for this.
My only confusion is if we're worried about Southwood's form why not try Andresson rather than get another relatively unproven lad in.

I bet Southwood has had to deal with a significantly more shots than any other keeper in the league. Significantly more looping crosses. Plus we put 10 men up against him for corners / freekicks on top of what ever the opposition throw in too. He has become a target for the opposition.
Yes a few costly mistakes but probably saved more than he should have.

I was having this conversation during the game on Saturday. For the life of me I don’t understand coaches whose tactic is to put all 11 players in the box. No outlet, an invitation for oppo to load the box and just excessive pressure on the keeper.

Does anyone with coaching experience have an explanation why it is preferable?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Jan 2022 23:41

Snowflake Royal
Once upon a time . I recall Leicester selling Gordon Banks ( who was pretty useful ) , to bring in a 19 year old goalkeeper called Peter Shilton, —————- whatever happened to him ?

So one example in 50 years? With a world class keeper. Presumably in the top flight?

:| :| :| :|

Petr Cech
Aaron Ramsdale
David De Gea

literally all brought in and then overtook

You genuinly know nothing about football Ian

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 23:51

JR
Coppells Lost Coat
Millsy Southwood isn't as solid as we want to make ourselves believe he is. Several errors made.

He's clearly not just backup as we already have Andresson. While Hein may be another Virginia, he may also be decent so I'm up for this.
My only confusion is if we're worried about Southwood's form why not try Andresson rather than get another relatively unproven lad in.

I bet Southwood has had to deal with a significantly more shots than any other keeper in the league. Significantly more looping crosses. Plus we put 10 men up against him for corners / freekicks on top of what ever the opposition throw in too. He has become a target for the opposition.

I was having this conversation during the game on Saturday. For the life of me I don’t understand coaches whose tactic is to put all 11 players in the box. No outlet, an invitation for oppo to load the box and just excessive pressure on the keeper.

Yeah was thinking this. The way we defend you can’t even ask the keeper to punch, because there's usually three unmarked opposition players outside our 18 yard box ready to smash it back at goal.

Leave no one up, opposition can put one quick player on the edge of the centre circle in our half and a few around the D.

Leave one up they put one on the man and another back to help and cover breaks.

Leave two up, one on either side of the pitch and they need three back to defend, probably 4 away from the box.

Suddenly your defenders have so much more room to attack the ball, harder to block defenders marking. Much much easier out balls. Players who can drop back in qnd close if the ball breaks out to one of them. Less confusion over who is attacking what and picking up who.

It just makes so much more sense to leave 2 forward.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Jan 2022 07:10

Barney We've 19 games to go. We are a club that does tend to have more than its fair share of injuries,
If LS got injured we would have been knackered. We have cover. Simple as that. Not costing a fortune, only here for
three and a bit months. Most other postions SHOULD be covered with injured players returning.
And let's be honest, we are not in a position to pick and choose who we want.
Can't quite understand the ridiculous levels of negativity. Then I remembered......it's HobNob.

These post really do take the biscuit

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2022 07:44

JR
Coppells Lost Coat

Absolutely no idea why we do it and don’t think I’ve seen it anywhere else either. It’s a crap idea

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Jan 2022 08:09

Simmops
Snowflake Royal

Petr Cech
Aaron Ramsdale
David De Gea

…and the already aforementioned Mervyn Day……….also within your 50 year spectrum

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Jan 2022 08:23

AthleticoSpizz
Simmops
Snowflake Royal So one example in 50 years? With a world class keeper. Presumably in the top flight?

Petr Cech
Aaron Ramsdale
David De Gea

…and the already aforementioned Mervyn Day……….also within your 50 year spectrum

No idea who that is

I can give 20 more examples

Buffon
Casillas
Etc etc

Just to prove Ian really Is that clueless about football

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Jan 2022 09:56

A much-needed addition to our medical team too.

If one of our players is choking Hein can lick him. Hein lick manoeuvre.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 25 Jan 2022 10:19

Royal_jimmy
Barney We've 19 games to go. We are a club that does tend to have more than its fair share of injuries,
If LS got injured we would have been knackered. We have cover. Simple as that. Not costing a fortune, only here for
three and a bit months. Most other postions SHOULD be covered with injured players returning.
Can't quite understand the ridiculous levels of negativity. Then I remembered......it's HobNob.

It's "these posts" or "this post".....not "these post". Nothing wrong in what I said. It's cover...simple as that.
Most of the outfield injured players are returning. so we have option/cover. More than happy to let LS carry on, this signing
is JUST COVER. And likely cheap.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Jan 2022 10:20

Barney
Royal_jimmy

It's "these posts" or "this post".....not "these post". Nothing wrong in what I said. It's cover...simple as that.
Most of the outfield injured players are returning. so we have option/cover. More than happy to let LS carry on, this signing
is JUST COVER. And likely cheap.

How do you know Hein is cover? Are you on speaking terms with Paunovic?

Carry on being positive for no reason, you make yourself look like a fool.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Jan 2022 10:43

Barney this signing
is JUST COVER

Article I read before he was confirmed is that we're interested in signing him but Arsenal would only let him go if he's guaranteed first-team football.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/01/22/arsenal-karl-jakob-hein-reading-january-loan-transfer/

This wasn't it, but similar.

We'll see I guess.

127 posts