Magic Number

303 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Magic Number

by Franchise FC » 19 Mar 2022 19:42

I’m more than a little concerned that we are currently following the Man Utd supporters corner turning strategy

Careful, we may be using their faulty SatNav

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2022 19:45

We're not really talking about turning a corner. Just marking the waypoints to safety.

We know staying up doesn’t mean next season won't be a struggle, or winning today means we'll go on a run.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Mar 2022 20:20

Franchise FC I’m more than a little concerned that we are currently following the Man Utd supporters corner turning strategy

Careful, we may be using their faulty SatNav

I do think we're starting to get a bit of self-belief back, and that is showing with more confidence in all areas of the pitch. But then, on another day they take their big chance, we get down spirited and we're back on here talking about how we're doomed. Results are heavily based on luck with tight matches like this.

It almost doesn't matter how we get to survival, we can be awful and just luck box our way to it and we'll just going to have a new team and (hopefully) manager come next season anyway. We'll be starting from scratch. It'll almost be more painful if we're start playing great and win games and then have to see the team dismantled.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Mar 2022 22:23

Snowflake Royal We're not really talking about turning a corner. Just marking the waypoints to safety.

We know staying up doesn’t mean next season won't be a struggle, or winning today means we'll go on a run.

Sure next season will be a struggle too probably but I just think surviving this season of all seasons would be vitally important, have a clear out, focus a few minds bit of a fresh start into next season

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 19 Mar 2022 23:12

Gunny Fishcake We will stay up and finish fourth from bottom

Hi Gunny

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Mar 2022 09:14

SouthDownsRoyal
Snowflake Royal We're not really talking about turning a corner. Just marking the waypoints to safety.

Sure next season will be a struggle too probably but I just think surviving this season of all seasons would be vitally important, have a clear out, focus a few minds bit of a fresh start into next season

Stay up, massive reset and get fans back on board. Has to be the plan.

We would go from one of the most expensive wage bills to the cheapest!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Mar 2022 20:48

Stranded After today

Barnsley - 20
Peterborough - 18
Derby - 14

Could change tomorrow depending on Peterborough's result.

Nothing changes after today's win for Peterborough.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Mar 2022 19:06

It's three wins and we're safe.

And we've taken 11 from last 8 so if we replicate anyway near that in the last 8 I'd be amazed if anyone catches us as they'd have to take 2 PPG plus which is autos form.

During that last 8 we've also played 4 sides gunning for autos/playoffs, whereas we've just got Sheffield/Luton left of anyone challenging at that end of the table.

In addition, if Luton are still up there last game they will rest their best players for the playoffs

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Apr 2022 07:41

Update after yesterday's games:

Barnsley: 17 (3 Reading wins, 3 Barnsley defeats)
Peterborough: 14 (2 wins, 3 P'Boro defeats)
Derby: 13 (2 wins, 1 draw, 2 Derby defeats)

Win on Tuesday would see Derby having to win minimum 3 from 6 to draw level assuming we were not to pick up another point.

6 points from these 2 home games coupled with defeats in tough away games for Barnsley & Derby next weekend will all but see us over the line as points gap would become too large to expect to overturn.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Apr 2022 10:31

Think yesterday's draw made it too big a job for Barnsley, Posh needed the win and Derby were already too far back, but it would be nice to end the season on a decent run and book safety a good few games early.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Apr 2022 10:42

Snowflake Royal Think yesterday's draw made it too big a job for Barnsley, Posh needed the win and Derby were already too far back, but it would be nice to end the season on a decent run and book safety a good few games early.

Derby have three tough games followed by three very winnable ones. We really need to stretch our lead to ten points over them before the final three matches.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Apr 2022 11:06

I dont want to go to Luton needing a result (even a draw) to stay up. We need to make this month count against mainly teams who have nothing to play for.

I'd take 4 points from the next 2 games which could give us a 9 point gap should Barnsley and Derby lose. It's a shame Derby and Barnsley don't have each other to play.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Apr 2022 11:59

Zip
Snowflake Royal Think yesterday's draw made it too big a job for Barnsley, Posh needed the win and Derby were already too far back, but it would be nice to end the season on a decent run and book safety a good few games early.

Derby have three tough games followed by three very winnable ones. We really need to stretch our lead to ten points over them before the final three matches.

Happy to say, right here and now, that I predict Derby won't win two of their last three, let alone all of them.

I'll also predict we won't lose all our last three here and now.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Apr 2022 09:15

PTR predictor is the only stat you need - adjustment at weekend so it now reads 2 wins and 2 draws for safety.... (or still your 3 wins).

Weymouth Royal

by Weymouth Royal » 04 Apr 2022 09:32

Barnsley will be feeling the pressure now with Derby right behind them, and potentially still P'Boro too. Lets see if they crumble.

Stoke is a huge opportunity for us, as neither Barnsley or Derby are playing mid-week this week.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Apr 2022 09:38

Weymouth Royal Barnsley will be feeling the pressure now with Derby right behind them, and potentially still P'Boro too. Lets see if they crumble.

Stoke is a huge opportunity for us, as neither Barnsley or Derby are playing mid-week this week.

In many ways it is bigger that Saturday was because of those 2 not playing.

Whilst defeat doesn't throw away the advantage, it will lift both clubs below us no end. Barnsley will know if they can close the gap by just 2 points then they will be able to go above us by winning their game in hand on the 26th.

Derby will suddenly feel that they can win 2 more than us over the last 6.

A draw gives a little bit of leeway but a win will deflate both ahead of tough away fixtures at the weekend.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Apr 2022 09:43

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Happy to say, right here and now, that I predict Derby won't win two of their last three, let alone all of them.

I'll also predict we won't lose all our last three here and now.

I hope you haven't jinxed it but I agree. It becomes a very different ball game at this time of the season, figuratively speaking.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Apr 2022 11:56

Stranded Whilst defeat doesn't throw away the advantage, it will lift both clubs below us no end. Barnsley will know if they can close the gap by just 2 points then they will be able to go above us by winning their game in hand on the 26th.

I hate to pedant your normally excellent number crunching but if we lose tomorrow then Barnsley would only close to within 2 if they win the resulting game in hand

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Apr 2022 12:16

Hull are seven points ahead of us but played a game more. A bad run of results from them could see them dragged into the fight.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Apr 2022 12:20

Hull won't get dragged in, they are 12 clear of Barnsley, no chance of them going down. Potentially a chance for us to finish above them, but even that's unlikely.

303 posts