Player of the Season 2021/22

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Player of the Season 2021/22

by Millsy » 05 May 2022 15:18

Anyone else think Yids seemed a bit depressed in this interview?

Glad he won it. Yes Swift is good but Yids came and spoke to the rioting fans and really does give his all. It's not just about how technically good you are... or you decide to be when you're in your last year.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 May 2022 15:21

Millsy Yes Swift is good but Yids came and spoke to the rioting fans and really does give his all. It's not just about how technically good you are... or you decide to be when you're in your last year.

Yes but quality also plays a part, not just passion, that seems to be what fans forget about.

Of course Swift's contributions are far easier to judge than Yiadom's, but even still, as mentioned by another poster, look at the direct influences (goals and assists) Swift has had in games that have won us points that have kept us up. Yiadom has featured the most times (not fact checked this btw) in a defence that has been a significant factor to where we are now.

Yes, that collectively isn't all down to Yiadom but it should seem more obvious to people that Swift's contributions, quality wise, have been more important than Yiadom's. Granted, I haven't checked every statistic there is.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 May 2022 15:30

Snowflake Royal
Zip
andrew1957 Based on the whole season Swift should have won. Based on the last few weeks, we have had Swift injured and Yiadom has been very good. And most nobbers seem to have very short memories so probably no surprise the latter won. Shame really we had to choose between them as they were our two stand out performers this season.

Oh I see. So you’re right and those that voted for Yids are wrong. Swift was very ordinary in the second half of the season. Yes he had a terrific run of form particularly in the Autumn but there were very few goals frost Christmas and not many assists. He also has to be considered on the defensive side of his game which was non existent at times.

Yids may have been part of a dreadful defence but I can’t remember many goals being conceded due to his errors or from his side of the pitch. He was comfortably the most consistent player in the side.

He was pretty rancid at times.

It's nothing new that the winner of PotS is the player who hits form in February / March.

It is ever thus.

You've spent the entire season complaining about his ability to cross. :lol:

Wrong. I’ve been spending his entire time at the club complaining about his crossing. That’s not the primary reason why he is in the side. Far from it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 May 2022 16:41

Millsy Anyone else think Yids seemed a bit depressed in this interview?

Glad he won it. Yes Swift is good but Yids came and spoke to the rioting fans and really does give his all. It's not just about how technically good you are... or you decide to be when you're in your last year.

He doesn’t come over as the brightest. Almost endearing

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 May 2022 16:42

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Oh I see. So you’re right and those that voted for Yids are wrong. Swift was very ordinary in the second half of the season. Yes he had a terrific run of form particularly in the Autumn but there were very few goals frost Christmas and not many assists. He also has to be considered on the defensive side of his game which was non existent at times.

Yids may have been part of a dreadful defence but I can’t remember many goals being conceded due to his errors or from his side of the pitch. He was comfortably the most consistent player in the side.

He was pretty rancid at times.

It's nothing new that the winner of PotS is the player who hits form in February / March.

It is ever thus.

You've spent the entire season complaining about his ability to cross. :lol:

Wrong. I’ve been spending his entire time at the club complaining about his crossing. That’s not the primary reason why he is in the side. Far from it.

Thank god for that

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 May 2022 00:04

YorkshireRoyal99
Millsy Yes Swift is good but Yids came and spoke to the rioting fans and really does give his all. It's not just about how technically good you are... or you decide to be when you're in your last year.

Yes but quality also plays a part, not just passion, that seems to be what fans forget about.

Of course Swift's contributions are far easier to judge than Yiadom's, but even still, as mentioned by another poster, look at the direct influences (goals and assists) Swift has had in games that have won us points that have kept us up. Yiadom has featured the most times (not fact checked this btw) in a defence that has been a significant factor to where we are now.

Yes, that collectively isn't all down to Yiadom but it should seem more obvious to people that Swift's contributions, quality wise, have been more important than Yiadom's. Granted, I haven't checked every statistic there is.

Where did I say Swift didn't have more quality? I said it's not just about how technically good you are when becoming a fans' favourite. I won't regurgitate my post because it's clear enough.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 May 2022 19:43

Millsy
YorkshireRoyal99

Where did I say Swift didn't have more quality? I said it's not just about how technically good you are when becoming a fans' favourite. I won't regurgitate my post because it's clear enough.

Because the player of the season award usually goes to the player with the most quality in that season... not the one who spoke to few raging fans after a game of football.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 May 2022 19:51

What a load of tosh.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 May 2022 19:55

NathStPaul What a load of tosh.

Aye course it is. I can't wait to see James Tarkowski win the PL player of the season because he made a 400 mile round trip the night before the Watford match due to a health scare with his daughter, proving his commitment to the club, and not the player who has demonstrated the most quality throughout the season.

Obviously hope that all is ok in the Tarkowski family.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 May 2022 08:17

YorkshireRoyal99
Millsy
YorkshireRoyal99

Because the player of the season award usually goes to the player with the most quality in that season... not the one who spoke to few raging fans after a game of football.

Nah, it usually goes to the one who finishes the season well.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 May 2022 09:00

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Millsy

I think he has been more interactive with the supporters throughout the season too. It goes a long way in a fan vote.

Can't believe the Swift fanboys are crying so much about it to be honest, he came second which is very fair.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 May 2022 09:04

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

I think he has been more interactive with the supporters throughout the season too. It goes a long way in a fan vote.

Can't believe the Swift fanboys are crying so much about it to be honest, he came second which is very fair.

If that's a dig at me (likely) I've maintained that Yids likely did deserve to win it, it was just very difficult to not give it to Swift as well. Either could have won it.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 May 2022 09:06

YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal Nah, it usually goes to the one who finishes the season well.

If that's a dig at me (likely) I've maintained that Yids likely did deserve to win it, it was just very difficult to not give it to Swift as well. Either could have won it.

No it was a general point directed at anyone who has moaned about Swift winning it. Not everything is about you.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 May 2022 13:38

NathStPaul What a load of tosh.

Nice sig, etc...