NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: 2006 v 2012 21st May

by NathStPaul » 26 May 2022 11:49

Hendo
NathStPaul
Hendo https://twitter.com/PictonPedro/status/1529745457399873545

:roll:

I could literally watch interviews/footage from this for the next year and I wouldn't get bored.

Ignore that bloke, proper tool.

Seen quite a few hot takes from him recently, this is just the latest.

He's the same bloke who was dishing out loads of abuse directed at Paunovic and then 2 days later was photographed hugging him in the stands. He's a massive hypocrite and will say whatever it takes for likes. Not worth the time.

Anyone who thinks celebrating our two most successful sides ever is too much clearly cannot be taken seriously.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 31 May 2022 12:54

Following on from the game (which I was unable to go to due to a prior engagement) I watched the highlights and interviews on the RFC YouTube channel; I never thought I would get so genuinely emotional over them - especially the 2005/06 team.

Since then I have watched the highlights of a few of the games in both the 2005/06 and 2006/07 seasons; obviously I can remember how good we played at the time, but looking back at those games now and watching them as objectively as one can, both the immense quality of the football played and how joyous it was comes over.

It wasn't just the 6-0 v West Ham; we took teams apart by playing fast, assertive, progressive football.

The sad thing is, it really does put into perspective quite how dire - with the exception of a few beacons of light - the last 6 or 7 Years have been for the club and especially for the fans.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 May 2022 19:53

Mr Angry Following on from the game (which I was unable to go to due to a prior engagement) I watched the highlights and interviews on the RFC YouTube channel; I never thought I would get so genuinely emotional over them - especially the 2005/06 team.

Since then I have watched the highlights of a few of the games in both the 2005/06 and 2006/07 seasons; obviously I can remember how good we played at the time, but looking back at those games now and watching them as objectively as one can, both the immense quality of the football played and how joyous it was comes over.

It wasn't just the 6-0 v West Ham; we took teams apart by playing fast, assertive, progressive football.

The sad thing is, it really does put into perspective quite how dire - with the exception of a few beacons of light - the last 6 or 7 Years have been for the club and especially for the fans.

Unfortunately my kids were tiny when we had the glory seasons. Work commitments didn’t help(working some Saturdays and if I wasn’t Mrs Zip was).
So I only saw one game live in 2005/6 and one in 2006/07 albeit away from home. I would have loved a ST in those days. My first ST was in 2017/18. I could not have timed it any worse.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 May 2022 20:26

Since we moved, and with family (and golf) committments I generally get to one game a season

In the summer of 2005 I worked with a Luton fan and a Leicester fan and before the season started agreed to go to the six games involving the teams
Not only did I get to see four games (albeit one was a bloody defeat) but meant I was at Leicester for the celebrations

How I wish we could get even vaguely close to that sort of hope, expectation and entertainment again

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 01 Jun 2022 16:52

Zip
Mr Angry Following on from the game (which I was unable to go to due to a prior engagement) I watched the highlights and interviews on the RFC YouTube channel; I never thought I would get so genuinely emotional over them - especially the 2005/06 team.

Unfortunately my kids were tiny when we had the glory seasons. Work commitments didn’t help(working some Saturdays and if I wasn’t Mrs Zip was).
So I only saw one game live in 2005/6 and one in 2006/07 albeit away from home. I would have loved a ST in those days. My first ST was in 2017/18. I could not have timed it any worse.

I have often said that in a hundred Years, Reading FC fans will look back at the period between 2000 & 2015 as our "Golden Age" which is never likely to be surpassed.

Investing in an Away ST for that 1st season in the Premier League was the best investment ever; managing to see every league game in that season was a first (and only) for me, and I was really happy to have done it, mainly for the quality of the football that we played. If you get a chance, watch - for example - how we took Manchester City apart at Eastlands; it was "only" 2-0 (a third was harshly ruled out which would have meant Lita got a hat-trick) but the sheer class we showed - the passing, the movement, the commitment - would not be out of place in today's Premier League. And the thing is, we did that regularly that season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Jun 2022 17:15

Mr Angry
Zip

I have often said that in a hundred Years, Reading FC fans will look back at the period between 2000 & 2015 as our "Golden Age" which is never likely to be surpassed.

Investing in an Away ST for that 1st season in the Premier League was the best investment ever; managing to see every league game in that season was a first (and only) for me, and I was really happy to have done it, mainly for the quality of the football that we played. If you get a chance, watch - for example - how we took Manchester City apart at Eastlands; it was "only" 2-0 (a third was harshly ruled out which would have meant Lita got a hat-trick) but the sheer class we showed - the passing, the movement, the commitment - would not be out of place in today's Premier League. And the thing is, we did that regularly that season.

Without doubt our golden era and I remember that City win. I did go to Goodson Park that season. We drew 1-1. I was in the home end as my best mate is an Everton fan. I was a little bit too obvious in my support of the away team and received a mouthful from one of their fans, I felt pretty emotional when the players came out onto the pitch that day.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jun 2022 20:25

Mr Angry
Zip

Also had an away season ticket that year and was well worth the investment.

The City away day will forever be one of the best away days. Could've won 0-6 that day and it wouldn't have flattered us.

167 posts