58%

Total votes: 78
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Do you want Ince to stay?

by From Despair To Where? » 19 May 2022 12:47

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
From Despair To Where? I think you're both missing the point. Statistics is a simple analysis of data. Putting conditions that are subjective and open to interpretation makes a mockery of that and putting a hair splitting scenario with a probability of happening of zero as an example does nothing to change that.

Maybe there was an uplift in performance becauee the players had an inkling Pauno was going? I don't know and frankly, I don't care.

The day that Pauno left and the day that Ince started is unarguable fact, everything else is presumptive waffle.

This

Yeah, it's commentary and context around the stats, not the stats themselves.

But your saying you're going to weight parts of the data set more favourably on the basis of a subjective condition that can't be measured.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2022 12:51

From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
This

Yeah, it's commentary and context around the stats, not the stats themselves.

But your saying you're going to weight parts of the data set more favourably on the basis of a subjective condition that can't be measured. That's not providing context, that's manipulating the dataset.

I'm going to look at the subjective or less quantifiable aspects whilst considering the data and draw possible conclusions from it supported by information outside the data.

This is all very dull though isn’t it.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 20 May 2022 19:36

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL Staggered how many people on here looking at his record with us and expecting a miraculous turnaround in just 14 games with essentially a bunch of no hopers. the the clown turned us in to.
Get fukking real.

Don't think anyone was expecting miraculous, but losing half your games, including your final three, doesn’t speak much towards sustained improvement or building toward success, does it.

The last three were dead games so for the games that mattered we were mid table, and loads on this forum including you cut Bowen loads of slack when we got safe and basically gave up 2 seasons ago for a lot more games than 3.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 May 2022 19:48

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL Staggered how many people on here looking at his record with us and expecting a miraculous turnaround in just 14 games with essentially a bunch of no hopers. the the clown turned us in to.
Get fukking real.

Don't think anyone was expecting miraculous, but losing half your games, including your final three, doesn’t speak much towards sustained improvement or building toward success, does it.

The last three were dead games so for the games that mattered we were mid table, and loads on this forum including you cut Bowen loads of slack when we got safe and basically gave up 2 seasons ago for a lot more games than 3.

Bowen lost Joao and had a long Covid break, then returned to no crowd and had us comfortably mid-table. Its a wee bit different.

He had more in the bank, more behind him and about as exceptional circumstances as you get.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Jun 2022 13:07

For any of you gamblers out there, just noticed there's a horse called Ince running in the 13:35 at Market Rasen today. Wonder if it'll be a stayer?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Jun 2022 14:17

morganb For any of you gamblers out there, just noticed there's a horse called Ince running in the 13:35 at Market Rasen today. Wonder if it'll be a stayer?

It came 2nd-I would settle for that. :wink:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Jun 2022 19:36

Tom Ince confimred.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Jun 2022 10:43

tidus_mi2 Tom Ince confimred.