Ince, Rae and Bowen... how whelmed are you with their appointment?

How whelmed are you?

Poll ended at 16 Jun 2022 12:36
Overwhelmed with joy
6%
Whelmed with ambivalence
56%
Underwhembled in despair
13%
What does it matter?
13%
Ian Royal
12%

Total votes: 78
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Ince, Rae and Bowen... how whelmed are you with their appointment?

by paultheroyal » 19 May 2022 16:39

Nameless
paultheroyal
Stranded With Brian Carey joining today as Head of Recruitment, I am starting to get very very whelmed by what the club is looking to do.

As I've said, if Ince just ends up as a catalyst for change then he will be one of the more important appointments in years. The club seem to be putting everything in place to allow Ince to just focus on getting whatever squad we have in competitive shape.

Absolutely - and what a time to appoint a Head of Recruitment....

When we aren’t allowed to recruit anyone ?

Maybe, just maybe you have not got two hoots what is actually going on behind the scenes. Just a thought.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 May 2022 17:05

paultheroyal
Nameless
paultheroyal

Maybe, just maybe you have not got two hoots what is actually going on behind the scenes. Just a thought.

What was the word they used to use in situations like this ?

Whoooooooosh ?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 19 May 2022 18:26

At last, things are improving where they needed to change. Was the catalyst the demos earlier in the season or Ince getting through to Dai? if the later I wonder if Kia was away on holiday at the time. Would have loved to see Dai's face as Ince gave him the reasons why (and where) the problems were. But at least Dai listened and acted, maybe we will get more information from the club with Mark Bowen back in a senior position.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 May 2022 21:50

Dai has little choice if he doesn't wish to see his investment in the club go down the pan. Losing face in Chinese culture isn't good. As results in a loss of respect. Collapsing 3 clubs would be an embarassment.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 May 2022 08:59

TiagoIlori It shows a severe lack of ambition. No other way of putting it. When we have Ainsworth (who I wouldn’t have taken personally by the way) and also Warnock a few months back openly saying they'd consider the job, I struggle to believe we couldn’t have found a much better manager than Ince.

:|

Saying someone would consider the job isn't the same them actually getting in. Also, please show me where Warnock said he would consider the job? He merely commented on the club and said it was a good set-up, he never said he would take the job if it was offered.

Warnock is a dinosaur and has now retired* and Ainsowrth may well be managing in the Championship again next season and would probably want to give it another crack with Wycombe.

As has been mentioned before, the boring choice might actually be the right choice.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 21 May 2022 15:41

Hendo
TiagoIlori It shows a severe lack of ambition. No other way of putting it. When we have Ainsworth (who I wouldn’t have taken personally by the way) and also Warnock a few months back openly saying they'd consider the job, I struggle to believe we couldn’t have found a much better manager than Ince.

:|

Saying someone would consider the job isn't the same them actually getting in. Also, please show me where Warnock said he would consider the job? He merely commented on the club and said it was a good set-up, he never said he would take the job if it was offered.

Warnock is a dinosaur and has now retired* and Ainsowrth may well be managing in the Championship again next season and would probably want to give it another crack with Wycombe.

As has been mentioned before, the boring choice might actually be the right choice.

How many managers in their current clubs especially during a playoff campaign openly say they’d consider the job exactly? Exactly, very few of them. And Warnock stating Paul Ince was in the job being the reason he wouldn’t go in very much suggests he would.

Many things start as “considered”, that’s why talks and negotiations happen. There’s no reason we couldn’t find a manager who has more recent experience than Paul Ince.

Chairman Mao
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Chairman Mao » 24 May 2022 11:20

paultheroyal
Nameless
paultheroyal

have got two hoots?!

sorrywhatnow?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 May 2022 11:39

Chairman Mao
paultheroyal
Nameless

have got two hoots?!

sorrywhatnow?