Injury watch 2022/23

808 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Injury watch 2022/23

by windermereROYAL » 18 Oct 2022 23:16

I believe Yids got an elbow in the chops so I wouldn't expect him to be out too long.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Oct 2022 13:38

windermereROYAL I believe Yids got an elbow in the chops so I wouldn't expect him to be out too long.

Just enough so as to pretend he wasn’t suspended!

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 20 Oct 2022 16:39

Any one know when Sarr is back? Think we really need him if Hutch is our a while.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Oct 2022 16:51

Mid Sussex Royal Any one know when Sarr is back? Think we really need him if Hutch is our a while.

Early November was quoted initially I think, so probably coming back into the team/full fitness by the time we begin to split for the WC.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 20 Oct 2022 19:07

YorkshireRoyal99
Mid Sussex Royal Any one know when Sarr is back? Think we really need him if Hutch is our a while.

Early November was quoted initially I think, so probably coming back into the team/full fitness by the time we begin to split for the WC.

Given the "expertise" of our medical and fitness staff the question migh be asked, which World Cup?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Oct 2022 09:35

Current latest I think is:

Name - Injury - Current expected return

1. Azeez, Femi - Hamstring - Burnley (a)
  2. Dann, Scott - Calf - 202?
  3. Hutchinson, Sam - Leg (calf or hamstring) - Hull (a)
  4. Moore, Liam - Knee - December/January
  5. Sarr, Naby - Groin - Coventry (h)
  6. Tetek, Dejan - Hamstring - Luton (a)
  7. Yiadom, Andy - Concussion - Burnley (a)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Oct 2022 10:21

Sutekh Current latest I think is:

Just seems a little pointless including both Moore and Dann in that list
I can’t see either of them playing again, for us at least

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Oct 2022 18:27

Moore is a strange one and something's not right, his twitter feed said a week after the injury at Stoke in March he would be back pre season, that was pushed back to start of Nov by Ince in pre-season, and last we heard from Ince a month ago was 2023

I don't think the club want him near the first team

I hope we find out what happened last season but I doubt we will

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Oct 2022 19:30

Mid Sussex Royal Moore is a strange one and something's not right, his twitter feed said a week after the injury at Stoke in March he would be back pre season, that was pushed back to start of Nov by Ince in pre-season, and last we heard from Ince a month ago was 2023

Moore had surgery just before the season started. Odd the surgery didn't take place a couple of months earlier.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2022 19:42

The club hasn't wanted him near the first team for about a year.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Oct 2022 08:08

Zip
Mid Sussex Royal Moore is a strange one and something's not right, his twitter feed said a week after the injury at Stoke in March he would be back pre season, that was pushed back to start of Nov by Ince in pre-season, and last we heard from Ince a month ago was 2023

Moore had surgery just before the season started. Odd the surgery didn't take place a couple of months earlier.

I thought the op was for a different injury, not the one he did at Stoke.
In any case it’s not unusual to try less drastic options before major surgery.
In terms of what happened last season, it’s been posted before. The club messed up big time basically.
It will be sad if their error costs us unnecessarily, no footballing reason not to have Moore involved and AFAIK no one on the footballing side has any interest in not having all the players involved. Moore has done nothing to justify his exclusion.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Oct 2022 09:33

Franchise FC
Sutekh Current latest I think is:

Just seems a little pointless including both Moore and Dann in that list
I can’t see either of them playing again, for us at least

Crazy how long Sarr has been out for. We really need him back in the side. Same with Hutch

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Oct 2022 09:57

Zip

Perhaps there’s nothing particularly untoward about his current situation. Maybe he was due back pre-season but suffered another injury before then or a reaction to (or not proper healing) of the problem he had picked up at Stoke that then needed surgical attention. Consequently his recovery is always going to be late 2022, and by the time he will have picked up some decent match fitness that will become January 2023, by which time the club will probably be wanting to try and get him out on loan so as to reduce costs a little and free up a place in the squad overall.

February will be telling if he’s fit and still at Reading.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Oct 2022 13:51

Hutch could be back sooner rather than later which is good news

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Oct 2022 16:38

Moore seems to be getting integrated back into the squad. He's been back at Bearwood doing fitness work and was with the squad at the Oracle today.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Oct 2022 16:55

Wycombe Royal Moore seems to be getting integrated back into the squad. He's been back at Bearwood doing fitness work and was with the squad at the Oracle today.

Shocked but not surprised. Would still be capable of doing a job considering our options are stretched at the back, although I can't see him being anywhere near fit enough in the next couple of games, or probably before the World Cup break even.

Not sure how most fans would feel if his name was ever presented on the team sheet though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Oct 2022 17:35

Wycombe Royal Moore seems to be getting integrated back into the squad. He's been back at Bearwood doing fitness work and was with the squad at the Oracle today.

No problem myself with him playing for the team again. He is a thoroughly decent player and whatever it was that went on may have mainly been the fault of people no longer at the club. Also with the change in management we might get the player he was rather than what he became under largely clueless management.

That said though, obviously prefer him to leave in January but that is solely due to the financial problems.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Oct 2022 17:45

YorkshireRoyal99

Shocked but not surprised. Would still be capable of doing a job considering our options are stretched at the back, although I can't see him being anywhere near fit enough in the next couple of games, or probably before the World Cup break even.

Not sure how most fans would feel if his name was ever presented on the team sheet though.

Moore is a real quandary for me. At his best he could get into the majority of Championship teams and do a good job. Personally, I’d rather we move him on but part of that reason is based on what’s gone on behind the scenes at the club in the past. However, I know absolutely nothing about that, and as such, I don’t know who’s really at fault.

If he stayed and did well for the remainder of the season fans might change their opinion of him. Saying that, as he doesn’t have a squad number I am not even sure if can play for us again this season?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2022 17:46

Sutekh

No problem myself with him playing for the team again. He is a thoroughly decent player and whatever it was that went on may have mainly been the fault of people no longer at the club. Also with the change in management we might get the player he was rather than what he became under largely clueless management.

That said though, obviously prefer him to leave in January but that is solely due to the financial problems.

Dai is still at the club, the statement posted about Moore was pretty clearly his. It wasn't going to be Paunovic's.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Oct 2022 19:05

Sutekh

Must have been a previous issue with Bowen though. He was transfer listed prior to pauno coming in

808 posts