Injury watch 2022/23

808 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Injury watch 2022/23

by Nameless » 08 Jan 2023 13:00

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Obviously it would have to be a mutual agreement if it was the case. I did say it wasn’t likely, would in part be to protect his reputation.

Woukdn’t need to be ‘mutual’ at all. The club could simply pay his wages to the end of the contract and cancel his registration.
Given the club trashed his reputation unfairly it’s hard to see why they woukd want to ‘protect’ it, and how faking an injury woukd do that.
As said the simple, plausible, logical explanation usually works above the far fetched, implausible one !

Mutual agreement to claim a non-existent injury. You know, what I was talking about.

You seem to want to make an argument over something I only said was a possibility, not that I actually think is true, so once again I remember why I'm not really interested in talking to you.

I'm out.

Utterly bizarre.
I’m having a perfectly reasonable conversation (only in your world are there just arguments, the rest of us can discuss stuff) and you throw a wobbly
No wonder you are singlehandly destroying the board, one actual Reading fan at a time .:::

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2023 15:19

Current revision:

Name - Injury - Current expected return

1. EJARIA, Ovie - Knee - Queens Park Rangers (h)
  2. FORNAH, Tyrese - Knee - Rotherham United (h)
  3. HOLMES, Tom - Illness - Queens Park Rangers (h)
  4. MOORE, Liam - Hamstring - Blackpool (h)
  5. TETEK, Dejan - Hamstring - Sheffield United (h)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2023 16:31

Sutekh Current revision:

Sutekh, for those of us who are lazy bastards, would you mind including the month the game is in next time so we don’t have to look it up. The downside of knowing I can watch everything on RoyalsTV with no notice is that I never have to know when games are.

Ta muchly. Mwah!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2023 17:00

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh Current revision:

1. EJARIA, Ovie - Knee - Queens Park Rangers (h) - 14 January 23
  2. FORNAH, Tyrese - Knee - Rotherham United (h) - 14 February 23
  3. HOLMES, Tom - Illness - Queens Park Rangers (h) - 14 January 23
  4. MOORE, Liam - Hamstring - Blackpool (h) - 25 February 23
  5. TETEK, Dejan - Hamstring - Watford (h) - 4 February 23

Sutekh, for those of us who are lazy bastards, would you mind including the month the game is in next time so we don’t have to look it up. The downside of knowing I can watch everything on RoyalsTV with no notice is that I never have to know when games are.

Ta muchly. Mwah!

Happy to oblige - see above edit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2023 21:34

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh Current revision:

1. EJARIA, Ovie - Knee - Queens Park Rangers (h) - 14 January 23
  2. FORNAH, Tyrese - Knee - Rotherham United (h) - 14 February 23
  3. HOLMES, Tom - Illness - Queens Park Rangers (h) - 14 January 23
  4. MOORE, Liam - Hamstring - Blackpool (h) - 25 February 23
  5. TETEK, Dejan - Hamstring - Watford (h) - 4 February 23

Ta muchly. Mwah!

Happy to oblige - see above edit.
Legend. :D

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Jan 2023 08:46

Sutekh Current revision:

Something tells me that Liam Moore is probably not going to kick a ball for us again.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2023 09:12

YorkshireRoyal99
Sutekh Current revision:

Something tells me that Liam Moore is probably not going to kick a ball for us again.

He’d probably get an injury if he tried

Tetek going the same way - that’s almost all season out. Shame as I liked the look of him but think the likes of Craig, Azeez, Abbey and Abrefa are ahead of him now

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Jan 2023 09:18

Hound
YorkshireRoyal99
Sutekh Current revision:

He’d probably get an injury if he tried

Tetek going the same way - that’s almost all season out. Shame as I liked the look of him but think the likes of Craig, Azeez, Abbey and Abrefa are ahead of him now

I just get the feeling that Moore will be perennially injured now until his contract is up to be honest. As much as Ince says he might want to use him, I think the powers that are above him might have something else to say about that. Our only other option is to move him on this month somewhere, but I don't know who'd currently want an injured player but who knows.

Yeah Tetek will never get fit, he's been pretty much injured for 12 months now. We seem to get one midfielder in recent history who spends virtually 12 months injured. Swift used to be like that, then it was Araruna and now it's Tetek.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Jan 2023 10:07

Lets not look too deeply at this shall we.

Player who has been injured for 10 months, nears return - manages to play low intensity friendly and then in final prep for return suffers an unrelated injury. It happens a lot and the only reason people are looking for something that isn't there is because of the fall out a year ago under the former manager. Yes the owner is the same but he is apparently learning and letting Bowen/Ince have more control over the football side and both of them are big and ugly enough to stand up to the owner if they want to play Moore.

There is no positive slant to this news even if it is a fabricatrion. Moore now won't play for 2 months, which makes it harder to see when he plays unless or until we have some dead rubbers. So he will likely go into summer out of contract and not having played a game for nearly 18 months. He will also have hit 30, which not old, a combination of that and his injury makes him a gamble - especially when the game will be awash with free transfers again this summer.

So Moore gets nothing out of this, Ince gets nothing out of this and the club get nothing out of it.

So if it being a lie has no advantage to anyone, then he's injured and could quite realistically be looking at the end of his professional career or simply be left picking up the scraps.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Jan 2023 10:23

Well it's not exactly something that isn't there, there is clearly history between the player and club. At the end of the day, the owner has the final say and if Ince/Bowen want to go up and suggest different, they can but it doesn't mean to say they will succeed either. However much it will additionally cost for us to field Moore may also have an impact on our decisions as well.

Agree that Ince and Moore don't gain anything, but the club will save money on appearance fees, as well as potentially other bonuses. Other than that though, it doesn't really help anyone.

For the record, I've got nothing against Moore and I'm not suggesting that he isn't injured, it's more the owners of the football club where the doubt sits for me.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2023 11:01

Anyone who thinks this Moore injury is fabricated is nuts tbh

It helps nobody at all. Just desperately bad luck for the player who rather than fighting to get into a champ team with play off aspirations for the next 4 months will be sat on his arse in the physio room

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Jan 2023 11:22

YorkshireRoyal99 Well it's not exactly something that isn't there, there is clearly history between the player and club. At the end of the day, the owner has the final say and if Ince/Bowen want to go up and suggest different, they can but it doesn't mean to say they will succeed either. However much it will additionally cost for us to field Moore may also have an impact on our decisions as well.

Agree that Ince and Moore don't gain anything, but the club will save money on appearance fees, as well as potentially other bonuses. Other than that though, it doesn't really help anyone.

For the record, I've got nothing against Moore and I'm not suggesting that he isn't injured, it's more the owners of the football club where the doubt sits for me.

I'm sorry mate, even giving credence to this being fabricated is just nuts - it would need everyone to agree to the cover story. Moore would actively be harming his future career by playing along.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Jan 2023 11:28

Fair enough, we agree to disagree. I didn't actually say he wasn't injured for the record, I just can't see him kicking a football for us again unfortunately. If he does, then that's good as he's a capable player and could definitely help us through until the end of the season.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Jan 2023 11:28

RoyalBlue
Nameless
Snowflake Royal The only possible reason it wouldn’t be genuine would be to mask that the total breakdown in relations between him and the club is still in effect and avoid awkward calls from him to play when that's simply not going to happen.

Bit tinfoil hat, don't think it's very likely, but there's a degree of plausibility.

Either way I'm happy I don't have to watch him play for us, taking the place of defenders I think are better and have a future here, for a little while longer, maybe ever. End of season can't come soon enough to end that ridiculous millstone contract around our necks.

If the club announced a fake injury then Moore could simple deny it and they would look ridiculous.. if there was this alleged breakdown he woukdn’t be at the club, training and being part of the squad. If there was no way back then it would have made sense to terminate his contract.
It’s not hard to think other other reasons why a ‘convenient’ injury might have cropped up but as ever the most likely explanation is the obvious one - he’s injured !
Here’s hoping he gets fit soon and is available to play, if only so he can stick 2 fingers up at those who seem to hold some kind of petty personal grudge against him.

Fully agree. IMO anyone who suggests that a professional football player goes out of their way to avoid playing and is just happy to sit back and earn a large salary for doing nothing really doesn't understand the type of mentality and love of playing the game that is required to get to that level in the first place, let alone stay there.

Winston Bogarde?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Jan 2023 12:35

South Coast Royal
RoyalBlue
Nameless
If the club announced a fake injury then Moore could simple deny it and they would look ridiculous.. if there was this alleged breakdown he woukdn’t be at the club, training and being part of the squad. If there was no way back then it would have made sense to terminate his contract.
It’s not hard to think other other reasons why a ‘convenient’ injury might have cropped up but as ever the most likely explanation is the obvious one - he’s injured !
Here’s hoping he gets fit soon and is available to play, if only so he can stick 2 fingers up at those who seem to hold some kind of petty personal grudge against him.

Fully agree. IMO anyone who suggests that a professional football player goes out of their way to avoid playing and is just happy to sit back and earn a large salary for doing nothing really doesn't understand the type of mentality and love of playing the game that is required to get to that level in the first place, let alone stay there.

Winston Bogarde?

One case nearly 20 years ago? Demands of the game have moved on even further since then. And were Moore to have that mindset, I very much doubt he would have played on in games when he had dislocated his shoulder and risk further dislocations by resuming playing too soon after that.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 09 Jan 2023 12:49

With this injury Moore could very easily go out of contract in the summer and not be picked up by another club, given he will be 30. If Ince is still around he may offer him a 2 year deal on, say, £8-9k per week and I think Moore would need to seriously consider that offer, or run the risk of being unemployed or dropping down to League 1 like Gunter and Obita did (and earning a relative pittance in comparison to Reading). Or, again, he ends up at somewhere like Luton or Coventry of £5k per week

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2023 12:59

God no. Both parties desperately need a clean break.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jan 2023 13:31

Snowflake Royal God no. Both parties desperately need a clean break.

Moore has had enough injuries, last thing he needs is to break something….

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 Jan 2023 13:39

3points With this injury Moore could very easily go out of contract in the summer and not be picked up by another club, given he will be 30. If Ince is still around he may offer him a 2 year deal on, say, £8-9k per week and I think Moore would need to seriously consider that offer, or run the risk of being unemployed or dropping down to League 1 like Gunter and Obita did (and earning a relative pittance in comparison to Reading). Or, again, he ends up at somewhere like Luton or Coventry of £5k per week

Provided Moore regains fitness and the issues that went on behind the scenes are resolved (Ince suggested this in a recent interview and was going to pay Moore Saturday), I can see no reason why we shouldn't offer a one year extension. I really don't get the anti Moore brigade on here. As far as I can see the club offered him a long lucrative contract and he accepted. Then the club got cold feet due to the financial issues and tried to offload him - but failed. He then got injured on loan - which was bad luck and could happen to any player. What has Moore actually done wrong in all this? I would only offer one year though due to the recent injury record.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Jan 2023 13:43

3points With this injury Moore could very easily go out of contract in the summer and not be picked up by another club, given he will be 30. If Ince is still around he may offer him a 2 year deal on, say, £8-9k per week and I think Moore would need to seriously consider that offer, or run the risk of being unemployed or dropping down to League 1 like Gunter and Obita did (and earning a relative pittance in comparison to Reading). Or, again, he ends up at somewhere like Luton or Coventry of £5k per week

I wouldn't offer him anything. Nothing against him really, just a player earning a lot of money that we can't afford, but I wouldn't be offering him a new deal. I doubt the hierarchy of the club want to keep him around and I don't think he's worth offering a new deal to, we've got a decent amount of cover next season even at CB with Holmes, TMac, Hutch and Sarr definitely here and it's still possible Mbengue will sign on as well.

I'm pretty sure it was Bowen who originally tried moving Moore on during his summer before that move was blocked, given he holds a significant position within the club, I can't see him wanting to offer Moore a new deal either.

808 posts