Companies House Filing

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Companies House Filing s uses for

by Nameless » 05 Jul 2022 11:57

Dirk Gently
Elm Park Kid If Dai and co decided that they had had enough of Reading - then I reckon the club could be reasonably appealing to buyers (assuming the owners agree to sell the stadium at a reasonable price). It will have gotten it's wage bill down to a ok level, the stadium is a fairly decent size, commercial income seems to be lower than it should be and a smart owner would fancy their chances of increasing it. Our fan base isn't great, but has a higher income than most.

Why would the stadium owners have to sell it to the new club? Surely a much better business model for them would be to rent it to the club, like Firoz Kassam did at the other end of the A4074?

But there are loads of other, more profitable uses for a 24k sports ground with ancillary facilities . There is huge demand for second hand sports grounds....

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Companies House Filing s uses for

by Dirk Gently » 05 Jul 2022 12:00

Nameless
Dirk Gently
Elm Park Kid If Dai and co decided that they had had enough of Reading - then I reckon the club could be reasonably appealing to buyers (assuming the owners agree to sell the stadium at a reasonable price). It will have gotten it's wage bill down to a ok level, the stadium is a fairly decent size, commercial income seems to be lower than it should be and a smart owner would fancy their chances of increasing it. Our fan base isn't great, but has a higher income than most.

Why would the stadium owners have to sell it to the new club? Surely a much better business model for them would be to rent it to the club, like Firoz Kassam did at the other end of the A4074?

But there are loads of other, more profitable uses for a 24k sports ground with ancillary facilities . There is huge demand for second hand sports grounds....

I'm not sure RBC would approve a change of use away from a sports ground with ancillary facilities. There'd certainly be massive pressure on them not to do so, because then they'd be seen as complicit in killing the football club. There's certainly lots of precedents of councils protecting the use of sports facilities - going back at least to the mid-60s and Cathkin Park.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Companies House Filing

by Wycombe Royal » 05 Jul 2022 12:07

Brogue are we talking woodley hammers here, wycombe? or your wrexhams of this world

No idea, just something I'd like to do, just not something I have given serious thought to as I'm not rich.