Sarr and Loum

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Sarr and Loum

by RoyalBlue » 05 Aug 2022 12:51

Hound Yeo no suprises there - think we’d guessed could be along those lines

Such hard work for the club really. Sell Puscas at below his value and we lose that money and also a striker who we might need

The Moore situation so frustrating for everyone involved. Think it’s a good insight into just how tough a job Bowen, Ince and co are faced with

Yet further evidence that the EFL's FFP simply isn't fit for purpose. Far from helping ensure the club's financial security they seem to be insisting on measures that have and will continue to cost us money in terms of losing valuable playing assets for nothing or for a fraction of their true value whilst also forcing us to flirt with relegation due to paper thin senior squads (which also increase the risk of injury to other valuable and much-needed players).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2022 12:54

RoyalBlue

Such hard work for the club really. Sell Puscas at below his value and we lose that money and also a striker who we might need

The Moore situation so frustrating for everyone involved. Think it’s a good insight into just how tough a job Bowen, Ince and co are faced with

Yet further evidence that the EFL's FFP simply isn't fit for purpose. Far from helping ensure the club's financial security they seem to be insisting on measures that have and will continue to cost us money in terms of losing valuable playing assets for nothing or for a fraction of their true value whilst also forcing us to flirt with relegation due to paper thin senior squads (which also increase the risk of injury to other valuable and much-needed players).

Maybe we shouldn't have broken the rules and last time we got let out from restrictions gone and blown about £10m on two players. Reap what you sow.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2022 12:55

The thing that confuses me about this.

Either what we have offered Sarr is under the agreed budget for this season, and unless it has contracted rises in it, then the EFL should ratify it as we are keeping to the agreed levels,

So that leaves 3 options really:

1. We are trying to offer Sarr more than we have agreed we can pay an individual but the EFL have said it is fine as long as we cut a wage elsewhere,
2. The wages for Sarr take us over the wage budget (or there is concern that the bonuses will), so we are at the stage where we have to get more money back in to the budget i.e. push out Puscas/Moore or another top earner.
3. The EFL are playing hardball and aren't even allowing us to get close to the budget ceiling.

1 and 2 are club issues and would suggest we haven't done the maths correctly - which given the way the club has been run of late is very possible. 3 could be seen as additional punishment but is really just a fact of the clubs ability to do business having been taken out of their hands due to mismanagement.

All in all, a pretty crappy place to be.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Aug 2022 13:11

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

Maybe we shouldn't have broken the rules and last time we got let out from restrictions gone and blown about £10m on two players. Reap what you sow.

If nothing else, clubs should be looking at us and resolving never to get into a similar mess themselves, which would be good for the division if so. But of course, every arrogant owner thinks if they go nuts with money it'll work out differently, so it doesn't actually work.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 Aug 2022 13:16

Stranded The thing that confuses me about this.

Either what we have offered Sarr is under the agreed budget for this season, and unless it has contracted rises in it, then the EFL should ratify it as we are keeping to the agreed levels,

1. We are trying to offer Sarr more than we have agreed we can pay an individual but the EFL have said it is fine as long as we cut a wage elsewhere,
2. The wages for Sarr take us over the wage budget (or there is concern that the bonuses will), so we are at the stage where we have to get more money back in to the budget i.e. push out Puscas/Moore or another top earner.
3. The EFL are playing hardball and aren't even allowing us to get close to the budget ceiling.

1 and 2 are club issues and would suggest we haven't done the maths correctly - which given the way the club has been run of late is very possible. 3 could be seen as additional punishment but is really just a fact of the clubs ability to do business having been taken out of their hands due to mismanagement.

definitely think it is 2. Suspect the £16m cap was agreed last season with the EFL as being manageable on a working assumption that a couple of high earners would be moved on in some way shape or form (even if a deal for Moore, for example, had to be subsidised during the final year of his contract). However, with Moore injured then he cannot be easily shifted on and a half decent deal for Puscas looks like it is proving illusive at this stage. Ergo - we have complied with average wage restrictions, etc but can't get it signed off. May also suggest that we're not paying much at all of Loum's wages during his loan (as EFL have potentially signed off quite quickly though could have been a long time in the offing)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Aug 2022 14:11

Stranded The thing that confuses me about this.

Moore was open to cutting a deal a year ago, hard to see how we can offer him something that ends his contract whilst also freeing up space in the cap and doesn’t mean he is out of pocket. Only way I could see is we cancel his contract and he signs a new one for a longer period but on greatly reduced wages. Not even sure if this would be approved. Shame there isn’t a club in Beijing who would take him on loan….
I definitely subscribe to the timing of deals probably being the issue here. Moore isn’t relevant as we’ve know for ages he wouldn’t be leaving. I suspect we had planned on Puscas going but interested clubs know they can probably get him cheap if they bide their time. I reckon we’ll see him go for a knockdown price very soon.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2022 14:17

Also looks like the deal for Omari Hutchinson is also being delayed. Club apparently weighing up if they can actually afford it and that we may need to get wages off the bill first.

With Moore, imagine a deal could be cut soon enough. If we can offer him say 50-75% of what he is owed (essentially pay him up to 1st Jan) to become a free agent in the window, he'll be able to join any club anywhere as soon as fit - that may be tempting as opposed to say being fit in November and not being able to go anywhere until January.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Aug 2022 14:41

Stranded Also looks like the deal for Omari Hutchinson is also being delayed. Club apparently weighing up if they can actually afford it and that we may need to get wages off the bill first.

With Moore, imagine a deal could be cut soon enough. If we can offer him say 50-75% of what he is owed (essentially pay him up to 1st Jan) to become a free agent in the window, he'll be able to join any club anywhere as soon as fit - that may be tempting as opposed to say being fit in November and not being able to go anywhere until January.

I reckon he will want 75% of his wages. He probably won’t be fit until Christmas with no guarantee of getting another contract in January. Even if we have to pay 90% of his contract we need to get rid. Any saving is better than nothing.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Aug 2022 14:48

A brown envelope under the table might be a better option.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2022 15:04

Zip
Stranded Also looks like the deal for Omari Hutchinson is also being delayed. Club apparently weighing up if they can actually afford it and that we may need to get wages off the bill first.

I reckon he will want 75% of his wages. He probably won’t be fit until Christmas with no guarantee of getting another contract in January. Even if we have to pay 90% of his contract we need to get rid. Any saving is better than nothing.

I reckon he'll want 100% and screw us.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Aug 2022 15:13

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Absolutely wouldn’t blame him.
I reckon he’d be very lucky to get a club in January willing to pay anything like what we do. He’d maybe get a pay as you play deal for the rest of the season.
If we paid up his contract he’s then paying his own medical bills to get fit, which could be significant if he needs further surgery .

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2022 15:16

Yeah, he'll see it as getting what he's due after being badly treated (which he was during last season). Conveniently forgetting we've been paying him £10k a week more than he's worth, minimum, for 3 years.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Aug 2022 15:26

Snowflake Royal Yeah, he'll see it as getting what he's due after being badly treated (which he was during last season). Conveniently forgetting we've been paying him £10k a week more than he's worth, minimum, for 3 years.

None of that makes sense. Worth is what someone is willing to pay, he’s 100% entitled to expect us to honour his contract.
A year ago he’d have struck a deal….

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 05 Aug 2022 15:50

He’s owed 100% of his contract. Maybe I am being naïve but I think he’ll take a deal. I don’t think he hates the fans and he’s had some good times here. If he takes a deal it looks good all round. The situation was handled very badly by the club last year and this would give him the moral high ground.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2022 16:39

Snowflake Royal Yeah, he'll see it as getting what he's due after being badly treated (which he was during last season). Conveniently forgetting we've been paying him £10k a week more than he's worth, minimum, for 3 years.

He's legally obliged to every penny listed in his deal. Not his fault we threw money at him. If we claw back even 1p, he's done us a favour, even if it doesn't feel like it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Aug 2022 16:48

Stranded

He's legally obliged to every penny listed in his deal. Not his fault we threw money at him. If we claw back even 1p, he's done us a favour, even if it doesn't feel like it.

Yes and no. We pay day 75% of the rest of his contract leaves him a free agent to look elsewhere. Say he is fit by November. He can train with any prospective new club and prove his fitness and get a contract which could be for six months or longer. That contract should cover off any shortfall for the rest of this season.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 Aug 2022 17:03

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Hardly screwing the club. Why should Moore act any differently. It’s his living after all.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2022 17:08

Stranded

Didn't say he wasn't legally entitled to it. And yes, it is partly his fault, a contract is an agreement between two parties. We can't force him to take it, and he'll have asked for it.

Players are well known to have lots of power in negotiations. We'd already refused to sell him, and we were reliant on keeping him happy to get the most of out of him.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Aug 2022 17:19

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Yeah, he'll see it as getting what he's due after being badly treated (which he was during last season). Conveniently forgetting we've been paying him £10k a week more than he's worth, minimum, for 3 years.[/quote by]

Didn't say he wasn't legally entitled to it. And yes, it is partly his fault, a contract is an agreement between two parties. We can't force him to take it, and he'll have asked for it.

Players are well known to have lots of power in negotiations. We'd already refused to sell him, and we were reliant on keeping him happy to get the most of out of him.

It’s not in any way his ‘fault’ !
He had every right to negotiate the best deal he could.
If I’m selling a house and someone offers £100k over the asking price then it’s not MY fault if they’ve over paid....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2022 19:17

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Stranded Didn't say he wasn't legally entitled to it. And yes, it is partly his fault, a contract is an agreement between two parties. We can't force him to take it, and he'll have asked for it.

It’s not in any way his ‘fault’ !
He had every right to negotiate the best deal he could.
If I’m selling a house and someone offers £100k over the asking price then it’s not MY fault if they’ve over paid....

Bollox we didn’t just offer him a ~50% payrise out of the blue.

Show me someone who'll happily demand to be paid 50% - 100% or more than his colleagues doing the same job, at a rate he knows the business can't afford at the level it operates, and I'll show you a massive pcunt.