MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h)

274 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h)

by Zip » 06 Aug 2022 20:06

Brogue
tidus_mi2
Brogue Why was there no goal music? it’s a great decision if they’ve decided to scrap it.

There was goal music, same as last season.

Ah some melt on twatter was saying there wasn’t

It was the music they played ur used to play at the darts.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2022 20:07

AthleticoSpizz Good to see that Lumley has settled in so well, decent command of his territory…..memories of Marcus

He looked pretty good didn't he? Confident and composed.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2022 20:08

Snowflake Royal Sounded out a qualified up and coming ref I know. Who, according to people who've played in games he's reffed, is good.

He says to be a clear goalscoring opportunity it has to be clear on 4 criteria at the time of the offence, along with no attempt to play the ball

No attempt to play the ball - tick.
Direction - no
Distance - tick
Defenders - maybe
Control of ball - tick

So doesn't meet the criteria for a clear goalscoring opportunity.

He says Pen and yellow. As does another neutral.

Personally, I think I could make a good fist of slotting that in if it was mirrored going off to the right, and I'm not a good footballer, so the direction being an issue there is a bit stupid.

I don’t think the defence can get back to stop a shot either. But I'm not a trained and qualified ref. So there you go.

Well he's gonna be in the Champ in no time with that analysis..

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Aug 2022 20:08

NewCorkSeth
Nameless
NewCorkSeth Yeah, that was some real thuggery. Ehitb looked pretty bright didn't he? Big fella too unless my eyes deceived me.

He’s big but he’s a decent player. I think he’s a better prospect than Clarke personally.

You know more than me on that but it was actually quite an exciting cameo/debut. Looks well able of handling himself. Although I said that about Azeez and he's been injured since..

Ehib is decent and a real prospect. Any one know if his brother Princewell is still with us? Loads of prem clubs after him

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Aug 2022 20:09

Snowflake Royal Sounded out a qualified up and coming ref I know. Who, according to people who've played in games he's reffed, is good.

He says to be a clear goalscoring opportunity it has to be clear on 4 criteria at the time of the offence, along with no attempt to play the ball

Direction - no
Distance - tick
Defenders - maybe
Control of ball - tick

Personally, I think I could make a good fist of slotting that in if it was mirrored going off to the right, and I'm not a good footballer, so the direction being an issue there is a bit stupid.

I don’t think the defence can get back to stop a shot either. But I'm not a trained and qualified ref. So there you go.

Sorry what does he think didn’t meet the criteria?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Aug 2022 20:09

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Can be no doubt there was no attempt to play the ball.

Agreed but that's not my point.

Well it's not the challenge that's in doubt then, and the point about being outside the box makes no sense, it's the goalscoring chance, so you can understand why there'd be a misunderstanding with what you said.

Maybe I've not been clear. With the double jeopardy rule in place, a ref will only send someone off if he is 100% certain there was no intent to play the ball. As a result, some, like today, that probably should be red are given as yellow.

This is arguably the lesser of two evils than some of the reds seen in the past when yellow would suffice.

The point of outside the box simply was, if the keeper had rushed out and Ince rounded him 25 yards out, then was bought down, the red is automatic but we probably spend an hour trying to break down 10 men. It's a real gray area. I would have sent him off based on the footage but in real time, would I have been 100% from the angle I would have had. No idea.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Aug 2022 20:09

Mid Sussex Royal
NewCorkSeth
Nameless
He’s big but he’s a decent player. I think he’s a better prospect than Clarke personally.

You know more than me on that but it was actually quite an exciting cameo/debut. Looks well able of handling himself. Although I said that about Azeez and he's been injured since..

Ehib is decent and a real prospect. Any one know if his brother Princewell is still with us? Loads of prem clubs after him

He’s not no

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Aug 2022 20:12

Zip I was more impressed with that than any home performance last season. After a slow start we really grew into the game and the goal seemed to give the team more belief.

Seriously impressed with Fornah who was positive, composed and strong on the ball
Hendrick put in a really good shift and Long showed how much we have missed a wily centre forward who gets in the faces of the opposition.
Ince and Hoilett combined really well in the latter stages of the first half and Ince’s workrate was outstanding.
Ovie really showed what he can do in the second half but his potential hamstring injury is not what we need.

A clear red for the pen. Still it didn’t matter in the end. We fully deserved the win. We simply wanted it more than Cardiff winning a lot of 50/50 tackles. We looked a lot more physical.

Really enjoyed that.

Ovie was on the pitch at the end in front of the east stand, not sure he would do that i he did his hammy. but he obviously has an injury of some sort.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2022 20:12

Hound

Direction - no
Distance - tick
Defenders - maybe
Control of ball - tick

Sorry what does he think didn’t meet the criteria?

Direction and maybe defenders.

As in Ince was going away from goal, and there were defenders close

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2022 20:14

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Agreed but that's not my point.

Well it's not the challenge that's in doubt then, and the point about being outside the box makes no sense, it's the goalscoring chance, so you can understand why there'd be a misunderstanding with what you said.

Maybe I've not been clear. With the double jeopardy rule in place, a ref will only send someone off if he is 100% certain there was no intent to play the ball. As a result, some, like today, that probably should be red are given as yellow.

This is arguably the lesser of two evils than some of the reds seen in the past when yellow would suffice.

The point of outside the box simply was, if the keeper had rushed out and Ince rounded him 25 yards out, then was bought down, the red is automatic but we probably spend an hour trying to break down 10 men. It's a real gray area. I would have sent him off based on the footage but in real time, would I have been 100% from the angle I would have had. No idea.

There can be no doubt there was no attempt to play the ball the issue is whether it was a clear goalscoring opportunity. You can't attempt to play the ball by grabbing someone's shoulder.

The ref said as much to PInce

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 06 Aug 2022 20:15

[quote="Snowflake Royal] and there were defenders close[/quote]
Yes, the one hanging off his shirt was very close.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Aug 2022 20:17

Turn that down on super Sunday he would get lynched.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Aug 2022 20:20

Apparently the ref said to the manager that the Cardiff player wasn't sent off because "Ince wasn't going to shoot"

... wtf? :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Aug 2022 20:25

NewCorkSeth
AthleticoSpizz Good to see that Lumley has settled in so well, decent command of his territory…..memories of Marcus

He looked pretty good didn't he? Confident and composed.
one of the most important things that we have been missing in recent times.

Looking like a decent ‘saved from the scrap-heap’ signing thus far…..a bit like the aforementioned Bald Yank bloke :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2022 20:27

Direction - no
Distance - tick
Defenders - maybe
Control of ball - tick

It’s going to be subjective, and I’ve not seen any replays. I don’t Think he was heading away from goal, and I don’t believe you have to be going directly towards goal for it to be a clear chance. For a left footed player to be heading outside the goal it’s a very simple task to tap the ball into an open net. The direction criteria should be more aboutwhether the player would have to change direction in order to create a chance.
I am a qualified referee....but the entire laws of the game are based on opinion, not fact.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Aug 2022 20:34

Singing Defective [quote="Snowflake Royal] and there were defenders close[/quote]
Yes, the one hanging off his shirt was very close.[/quote]

Close but ince would clearly be first to the ball with an open goal ahead

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2022 20:35

Ince was definitely heading away from goal, but I agree it's not a particularly hard one to get a good shot in.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Aug 2022 20:36

Hound
Singing Defective [quote="Snowflake Royal] and there were defenders close[/quote]
Yes, the one hanging off his shirt was very close.[/quote][/quote]

Close but ince would clearly be first to the ball with an open goal ahead[/quote]

The angle wasn’t acute either. A very good goalscoring opportunity so therefore a red

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Aug 2022 20:39

Anyway matters not now

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Aug 2022 20:41

i was bang in line with it, virtually the whole goal to slot it into.

274 posts