BFTG - Blackburn Home

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Blackburn Home

by Hound » 18 Aug 2022 07:57

Oh and except the first 20 mins vs cardiff we’ve absolutely bossed two fancied otherwise unbeaten teams at home with and aggregate of 5-0

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2022 08:05

Hound Oh and except the first 20 mins vs cardiff we’ve absolutely bossed two fancied otherwise unbeaten teams at home with and aggregate of 5-0

The atmosphere around the club will totally change if we can improve results at home. Even if we do poorly away and end up lower half, winning 10-12 home games with 6-8 losses or fewer will be such a boost for fans so used to seeing poor results at home more often than not.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Aug 2022 08:08

Still buzzing this morning after that, isn`t it brilliant to wake up with that feeling, it`s been far too long.
I fear nobody in this division if we can consistently turn out performances like that, there I`ve said it...nurse. :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2022 08:11

windermereROYAL Still buzzing this morning after that, isn`t it brilliant to wake up with that feeling, it`s been far too long.
I fear nobody in this division if we can consistently turn out performances like that, there I`ve said it...nurse. :D

Hell, 1 in 4 would be pretty tasty.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Aug 2022 08:14

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL Still buzzing this morning after that, isn`t it brilliant to wake up with that feeling, it`s been far too long.

Cardiff was good after the initial 20 minutes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2022 08:20

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal

Cardiff was good after the initial 20 minutes.
I think I've said after every game we look pretty sharp and damgerous going forward.

It's just that defensive organisation we need to get a little more consistent.

Best performance since that scintilating 4-2 away at Blackburn in 2020?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Aug 2022 08:29

Amazing performance pulled out of no where. Expectation was so low going into the game and seeing some of those players perform was quite refreshing. Everything made sense, the passing patterns, movement and desire were all there for us to see. Lets hope that this was not a one off performance, if we can string together that sort level for 40% of the remaining season we will be comfortable.

Without putting a downer on it, i did think Blackburn were pretty poor and full of thugs when things weren't going their way. The ref was shocking and was letting everything slide which set the tone for the game. Also was a little disappointed with Hendricks decision making / passing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Aug 2022 08:33

Coppells Lost Coat Amazing performance pulled out of no where. Expectation was so low going into the game and seeing some of those players perform was quite refreshing. Everything made sense, the passing patterns, movement and desire were all there for us to see. Lets hope that this was not a one off performance, if we can string together that sort level for 40% of the remaining season we will be comfortable.

Without putting a downer on it, i did think Blackburn were pretty poor and full of thugs when things weren't going their way. The ref was shocking and was letting everything slide which set the tone for the game. Also was a little disappointed with Hendricks decision making / passing.

Yes though it’s strange how Blackpool were shocking, Cardiff were poor and now Blackburn as well. But not when they’ve played other teams (ask Swansea)

They were limited. Had one idea and that was kick it to BBD. Put some good football together but generally in their own half

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Aug 2022 08:34

Stonewall , and look at the positioning of Stroud.

https://twitter.com/Reading106/status/1 ... 8707596291

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Aug 2022 08:39

John Madejski's Wallet Loum was just amazing. Lost count of the number of times he won the ball, and won it so high up the pitch it allowed for quick counters

Fornah got better as the game went on and (Hendrick aside), the whole team was spot on

Lumley does worry me though. Nice for him to make such a great save with the one clear chance Rovers had, but they should have had a penalty after he spilled that catch

Really enjoyed the aggressive man marking at set pieces, and TInces corners for us caused chaos

Feel like the Lumley spill wasn't helped by Holmes(I think) nudging it slightly out of his way..

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Aug 2022 08:43

Combination of being my birthday and that performance meant I did not fall asleep till gone 3am last night. Tossing and turning and just could not sleep!

Forgot what that feeling was like.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Aug 2022 08:50

Snowflake Royal

Thats 11 wins yeah? Might need a few more..

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Aug 2022 08:50

Hound Yes though it’s strange how Blackpool were shocking, Cardiff were poor and now Blackburn as well. But not when they’ve played other teams (ask Swansea)

They were limited. Had one idea and that was kick it to BBD. Put some good football together but generally in their own half

They targeted NGW at the start and he bossed it so they changed tactic to give it to BBD and ran out of ideas when Yids was happy to show him down the line or out pace him when he cut in. They had nothing to counter us with - which I was surprised about.

But maybe it was what we were always capable of if we weren't chasing games after 10 mins.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Aug 2022 08:55

Coppells Lost Coat
Hound Yes though it’s strange how Blackpool were shocking, Cardiff were poor and now Blackburn as well. But not when they’ve played other teams (ask Swansea)

They targeted NGW at the start and he bossed it so they changed tactic to give it to BBD and ran out of ideas when Yids was happy to show him down the line or out pace him when he cut in. They had nothing to counter us with - which I was surprised about.

But maybe it was what we were always capable of if we weren't chasing games after 10 mins.

Yeah 100%. The conceding of early goals has really cost us. With the lack of bench options chasing the game in the heat is very hard to do effectively

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Aug 2022 09:19

Incredible game, incredible atmosphere.

Couldn't fault any of them, from back to front that was a complete performance. As other have mentioned, maybe Henrick was slightly off it, but still worked hard and you can allow someone a 6 or 7/10 when everyone else has a 9+/10 :D

Lumley made a very, very good save to keep us in it at 1-0.

Was disappointed with Blackburn, though BBD was terrible, hopefully scouts weren't watching that one :?

Was right behind Long's shot in the second half and thought it was in all the way, outstanding save from their keeper.

Got to be one of the best games under the lights, totally dominated them from minute 1.

They said there would be a response after Saturday and they certainly backed that up with the way they played last night. Incredible.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 18 Aug 2022 09:38

Fantastic team performance that bought the fans into the game creating a brilliant atmosphere. Lumley's save at one nil was crucial as an equalizer would have been unjust when we should have been 2 or or 3 nil up.

Ince's delivery from corners with pace and great delivery threatened every time.
Loum, Fornah and Hendricks worked as a unit to close down, winning ball after ball to break up the play up.
Long worked his socks off up front, I hope he is not added to the injury list
Good to see Joao return with a goal already.

Paul Ince tuned an awful result at Rotherham around with this win.. Bring on Saturday for more of the same against a Boro who are still looking for their first win.

Only negative for me on the night was Keith Stroud's performance he has been poor for years.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2022 09:38

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

Thats 11 wins yeah? Might need a few more..

Well we won Cardiff as well.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Aug 2022 11:16

Let's definitely not get carried away after that result and performance but I hope we can see more like that, especially at home where we've been poor since 2016/2017

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Aug 2022 11:17

Royal_jimmy Let's definitely not get carried away after that result and performance but I hope we break our own points record this season

:?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Aug 2022 11:55

Well, as often seems to happen with Reading, that was a just reward for all us who are committed and/or daft enough to keep turning up to games even when everything seems stacked against us and on the back of a dismal performance and deservedly big defeat!

Was really fearing the worst but thankfully the team started really strongly, overcoming any negativity that they and the fans might have been feeling and thereafter both the players and the supporters put in an excellent performance for the full game. Some of the football we played last night was delightful to watch. A good blend of skill, speed and, when required, the plain ugly and physical side.

If Loum can continue playing like that he will be up their amongst the best loan signings that the club have pulled off over the years.

Tom Ince's commitment and contribution to the game was absolutely 100% again. I'd love to see how many yards he covered last night. When he combines skill, work-rate and commitment like that he is top class.

Lumley made a brilliant and critical save at 1-0 early in the second half (I suspect Paul Ince will put that down to at least one of those points he said Lumley would win for us). He seemed particularly vocal throughout the game last night which, IMO, is a good way of keepers maintaining full focus and overcoming any confidence issues they might have from a previous performance.

Quite honestly I think they're a lot of positive things that could be written about every player who stepped on the pitch for us last night.

I don't know who or what was responsible for turning the team around like that (Kudos to the management and coaching team for their part) but I hope they've identified it and bottled it for future use!

Was I the only one at least half-hoping that Joao would be subbed back off and wrapped back up in cotton wool after he had killed the game off with his goal?!