BFTG - Blackburn Home

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Blackburn Home

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2022 17:33

Millsy Couple of further talking points.

1- Holmes' dive with his little handbags with (?was it Gallagher can't remember) was embarrassing. Got him a yellow rightly. Having said that, as mentioned by someone above, good to see us playing hard, aggressive and dirty. None of this soft nice-boy stuff we're used to.

2 - Lumley's celebration at the other end of the pitch. What was it like down there, for peeps who were near? Hopefully good rapport and confidence building for the chap?

1 was quite funny. You could see Holmes start to react like he was punched in the face by Tyson, then think better of it and sort of wimp out and just stumble to his knees and get back up.

I'd rather he didn't do it, but if you're going to... commit man.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Aug 2022 10:22

Snowflake Royal
Millsy Couple of further talking points.

1- Holmes' dive with his little handbags with (?was it Gallagher can't remember) was embarrassing. Got him a yellow rightly. Having said that, as mentioned by someone above, good to see us playing hard, aggressive and dirty. None of this soft nice-boy stuff we're used to.

2 - Lumley's celebration at the other end of the pitch. What was it like down there, for peeps who were near? Hopefully good rapport and confidence building for the chap?

1 was quite funny. You could see Holmes start to react like he was punched in the face by Tyson, then think better of it and sort of wimp out and just stumble to his knees and get back up.

I'd rather he didn't do it, but if you're going to... commit man.

Haha yes.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Aug 2022 12:24

Apologies if already mentioned - but was it just me or was the game introduction a little bit odd? Couldnt make out clearly what was being said but reference to Jack Walker and a round of applause? What was that about, and no battle cry for us!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Aug 2022 12:27

paultheroyal Apologies if already mentioned - but was it just me or was the game introduction a little bit odd? Couldnt make out clearly what was being said but reference to Jack Walker and a round of applause? What was that about, and no battle cry for us!

Yep it was a tribute to him.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Aug 2022 12:55

paultheroyal Apologies if already mentioned - but was it just me or was the game introduction a little bit odd? Couldnt make out clearly what was being said but reference to Jack Walker and a round of applause? What was that about, and no battle cry for us!

Not having the cringe inducing ‘battle cry’ was huge bonus.
The prematch applause for Walker and Jonrose was a Nice touch.

If we could gag the announcer and his ridiculous attempts to whip up the crowd it would be a huge improvement to the matchday experience.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Aug 2022 13:09

Nameless

Not having the cringe inducing ‘battle cry’ was huge bonus.
The prematch applause for Walker and Jonrose was a Nice touch.

If we could gag the announcer and his ridiculous attempts to whip up the crowd it would be a huge improvement to the matchday experience.

Some would say he is more suited to Ice Hockey. Thing is he gets lots of gigs and works across the country doing what he does in other sports.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Aug 2022 18:38

He may do very well elsewhere but I never feel he believes what he spouts or that he has any affinity with the club or fans. Some of it is just toe curling