164 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sunderland (h)

by URZZZZ » 15 Sep 2022 14:07

Hound
URZZZZ
Stranded
The fact that we should have a few players back v Huddersfield makes Saturday a massive game to get a result in - don't want to go into the break with 2 straight defeats.

Hopefully, we'll see something like this after the break:

Lumley

Holmes
Hutchinson
Sarr

Yiadom
Loum
Hendrick
Fornah
Rahman

Ince
Joao

Bench: Bouzanis, Long, Carroll, McIntyre, Mbengue, Hoilett, Craig

Can easily swap a couple of names in/out depending on how the weekend goes and if we also sign Ibe or A.N.Other.

You’ve missed out a few players there who should be back including one who played yesterday! Would be more inclined to go:

Lumley

Yiadom
Holmes
Sarr

Hoilett
Loum
Fornah
Guinness Walker/Rahman

Ince

Long
Joao

Bench: Bouzanis, Hutchinson, Hendrick, Mbengue, Ejaria, Carroll (hopefully), Meite

Yeah quite like that, though baba over NGW

Ejaria should be back after the break. Hutch a useful squad player but don’t see him a starter

NGW looked raw but with promising signs, hard to tell really until he gets a sustained run in the side

Not convinced about Baba - no real strengths to his game. It’s a position we’ve struggled in for years with Blackett, Obita and Richards’ up and down performances but even through their weaknesses, they were all good at certain aspects of the game. Not sure I can say the same about Rahman

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Sep 2022 14:21

NGW has a throw which is good as a corner, great if we are chasing the game

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Sep 2022 17:06

windermereROYAL NGW has a throw which is good as a corner, great if we are chasing the game

And with a handy towel on the sidelines and Andy Carrol possibly coming back.....It's an option when needed.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 16 Sep 2022 01:25

Snowflake Royal
Royal Monkey Listened to the live commentary on TalkSPORT 2 tonight in my truck. Glad I wasn’t there as it sounded truly awful. For the whole 90 mins the commentators just kept saying how absolutely awful Reading are ! One thing I was surprised about was how they were slating Tom Ince. The TalkSPORT commentators kept saying he was moody, throwing his arms in the air, not trying and moaning at his team mates !! David Connolly said on air he couldn’t play in the same team with ‘someone like Ince’. I was shocked cos whenever I’ve watched him play he has always put a real shift in and really tries hard and normally is one of our best players. Did anyone who went think he had moody bad attitude?
It’s been a great start so let’s just hope this performance was a one off. Any Reading fan would have been happy with 15 points and sitting 4th after 9 games but looking at the table tonight does scare me. Swansea who are 3rd bottom are only 6 points behind us, if they won their next 2 and we lost our next 2 they’d be above us ! That’s frightening, this division is ridiculously close from top to bottom !

Tom was rightly fuming that he was sprinting everywhere and barely anyone was backing him up.

And in this case we're not really talking Joao, though he was far from on it, he was usually picking up a man on the press, we're talking Hendrick, Fornah, Loum, Hoilett and Yiadom.

Yeah exactly what I thought Ince busting a gut and others not and him getting rightly frustrated not that he had a bad attitude like they were making out. Think TalkSPORT like the rest of the media and especially David Connolly just don’t like us and enjoy slagging us off.

164 posts