MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Oct 2022 17:14

Snowflake Royal Excellent. Anything against Narch is a bonus now.

If we win we go 2nd. Sorry Ian it's 2nd in the championship and not 2nd in league one.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Oct 2022 17:16

Does anyone still believe relegation would have been good for us ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2022 17:21

Hudders were scarily bad

We didn’t get out of second gear that second half and still won incredibly comfortably

Good first half performance and hopefully didn’t take a lot out of us. Annoying to see yiadom off injured

Hutch, Hendrick, NGW very good first. No one was great second tbh but job done very easily. Was Lumley flapping about a bit that last ten or so? Couldn’t really see but that was only concern really

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2022 17:23

11 clear of bottom 3 is fantastic and actually 5 clear of 7th now which is interesting…

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Oct 2022 17:36

Hound 11 clear of bottom 3 is fantastic and actually 5 clear of 7th now which is interesting…

It's a very tight League this season. 50+ points will be needed for 21st place

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2022 17:58

Royal_jimmy
Hound 11 clear of bottom 3 is fantastic and actually 5 clear of 7th now which is interesting…

It's a very tight League this season. 50+ points will be needed for 21st place

Not sure that’ll be the case of hudders are as shite as that. Then Hull.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Oct 2022 18:26

Royal_jimmy We didn't have to get out of 2nd gear today. Looked bang average but won comfortably. Let us raise our game on Tuesday

I thought we looked pretty tidy at times tbh :|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2022 18:27

John Madejski's Wallet
Millsy
Snowflake Royal Two proper clown goals to concede.

TBF not to take credit away from RFC, if they hadn't scored the own goal, we had two men waiting to tap in iirc.

Didn't look an own goal to me

Defender cleared it away from the line into his keeper and back into the next.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2022 18:29

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal Excellent. Anything against Narch is a bonus now.

If we win we go 2nd. Sorry Ian it's 2nd in the championship and not 2nd in league one.

Yes. Remind me who was bitching constantly about us being certainties for relegation over pre-season?

Run along.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2022 18:32

Franchise FC Does anyone still believe relegation would have been good for us ?

We've had plenty of false dawns. I won't be getting too excited by 11, 23 or 46 games.

I want to see us at the right end of the table for a couple of seasons before I'm convinced this isn't another happy blip.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Oct 2022 18:43

Snowflake Royal

We've had plenty of false dawns. I won't be getting too excited by 11, 23 or 46 games.

I want to see us at the right end of the table for a couple of seasons before I'm convinced this isn't another happy blip.

I think you may have rather missed the point
Throughout last season there was a group of posters going on about how relegation would be a chance to reset

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2022 18:50

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal

I think you may have rather missed the point
Throughout last season there was a group of posters going on about how relegation would be a chance to reset

It was. It could have been. There's always a chance to reset, where ever you are. But we've not got a great track record of doing it in the Champ. Looking to be different this time, but it's only 11 games, a lot of our squad aren't exactly committed to us long term and a lot of our current good practice is enforced.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Oct 2022 18:57

Gloucesterroyal We're gonna lose.

:roll:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Oct 2022 19:40

The next three games should tell us really how good we are, but we have a decent cushion for the time being.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 01 Oct 2022 20:32

Rhaman is a great backup to have for Guinness Walker

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 Oct 2022 21:54

Snowflake Royal

So, if we got promoted at the end of 46 games, you woudn't be excited about that either?

There comes a point when being "sensible" and not looking too far ahead becomes an exercise in being miserable, and denying the joy in everything.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Oct 2022 21:59

I knew there was a chance relegation could be a reset and we'd come back stronger but I can't help but look at League One and see how it has been a graveyard for former Prem sides.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2022 22:01

muirinho
Snowflake Royal

So, if we got promoted at the end of 46 games, you woudn't be excited about that either?

There comes a point when being "sensible" and not looking too far ahead becomes an exercise in being miserable, and denying the joy in everything.

You can enjoy things and not get overexcited.

And no, I'm not really very excited by a promotion to the PL this season. I think we'd most likely to do badly and come straight back down, possibly back in worse trouble again. But I'd take it as it comes and enjoy what I could. Same as I would have if we'd have got promoted under Stam or Clowno or gone down to L1 at any one of our nearly drops in recent years.

I want to see us do things the right way consistently and in a way which is sustainable. But I'll live with what we get. Just like I did in the late 90s / early 00s and the last decade.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 Oct 2022 22:10

tidus_mi2 I knew there was a chance relegation could be a reset and we'd come back stronger but I can't help but look at League One and see how it has been a graveyard for former Prem sides.

I mean, absolutely, if we'd got relegated I'd have been looking for silver linings, but it's not something I could ever wish for. I want the team to win. Simple as.

And if we got promoted, the PL season would probably be hellish, but again, I'd rather enjoy a promotion season than spend it worrying about all the dire possible consequences of success.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Oct 2022 23:48

Snowflake Royal
muirinho
Snowflake Royal We've had plenty of false dawns. I won't be getting too excited by 11, 23 or 46 games.

You can enjoy things and not get overexcited.

And no, I'm not really very excited by a promotion to the PL this season. I think we'd most likely to do badly and come straight back down, possibly back in worse trouble again. But I'd take it as it comes and enjoy what I could. Same as I would have if we'd have got promoted under Stam or Clowno or gone down to L1 at any one of our nearly drops in recent years.

I want to see us do things the right way consistently and in a way which is sustainable. But I'll live with what we get. Just like I did in the late 90s / early 00s and the last decade.

I agree with this sentiment.

And when all’s said and done, worth remembering it’s only a bloody game.

But it’s really really good to see us climb from the edge of the abyss.

It’ll go sour at some point of course but I hope we never forget that Paul Ince has done a fantastic job for Reading FC.