BFTG Huddersfield Home

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG Huddersfield Home

by PieEater » 01 Oct 2022 18:36

Well that was much easier than I thought. Huddersfield were terrible and the only regret is that we didn't improve our goal difference.

Half time at 2-0 we eased off a bit with an eye on Tuesday, but that was as comfortable home win that I've seen for a while.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Huddersfield Home

by Hound » 01 Oct 2022 19:01

Yeah can’t remember a game like that for ages. Maybe a couple under Stam (Barnsley at home I think) but when we win comfortably without even playing especially well

Second half was utterly lacking in any excitement, but in quite a nice way on a warm autumn afternoon

Played well first half. Shout outs to Hutch, Hendrick, TMc and NGW who was class. Everyone did well though

Second half everyone was a bit average but still had more than enough for a Hudders side who must be seriously worried about going down. They were disgustingly bad. Worst I’ve seen for a very long time

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Oct 2022 19:29

Funny that. It seems every time we win the opposition were terrible and must be in serious danger of relegation.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2022 19:37

Royal Rother Funny that. It seems every time we win the opposition were terrible and must be in serious danger of relegation.

I’ve not said that at all generally, and actually I dont think anyone has. The losing teams fans have Often said ‘we played really badly’ though

Cardiff, Boro and co were all ok without being brilliant. We had to play well or hang on and defend well to win them. Hudders were abysmal

Esteban

by Esteban » 01 Oct 2022 19:54

I thought Huddersfield were lots of huff and puff, but absolutely no quality. We won at a canter. Good game to have at the start of a tough schedule, but disappointing to concede late.

Hope Yiadom isn't injured and it was just a precaution.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 01 Oct 2022 20:04

HTFC were pretty awful, and we did more than enough to win the game, despite it taking 2 comedy goals to settle it.

Hutch was excellent in the midfield pocket and Hendrick, GW and Tmac did well. Nice to see AC back in the hoops, and winning some headers that the defenders clearly expected to win.

Special shout out to the woman sat on the verge opposite the away coaches giving it the usual “your support is shit” and her (presumed) husband who decided the best place to have a piss was directly up the hill from where she was sat. Will be a fun 5 hour coach home for the pair of them. :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2022 20:07

Huddersfield were the worst team I have seen at this level in years. The goals conceded were shocking.
I thought we played well in the first half. The second half was a bit of a non event. We sat back too much but looked ever so comfortable.

Hendrick was more lively today but his finishing was very poor. NGW did really well and his pace caused Huddersfield a lot of problems.
Sam Hutchinson again terrific. His positioning was top notch again.

Amusing to hear club 1871 singing “The Royals are going up”. It’s been a while.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Oct 2022 21:06

Royal Rother Funny that. It seems every time we win the opposition were terrible and must be in serious danger of relegation.

I came here to say just that.

So frequently this season, good win for us --> people say oppo were shite.

We certainly make them look that way.

BUT by God they were awful! :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2022 21:10

Millsy

I came here to say just that.

So frequently this season, good win for us --> people say oppo were shite.

We certainly make them look that way.

BUT by God they were awful! :lol:

They truly were. We won at a canter

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2022 22:11

Hound

I’ve not said that at all generally, and actually I dont think anyone has. The losing teams fans have Often said ‘we played really badly’ though

Cardiff, Boro and co were all ok without being brilliant. We had to play well or hang on and defend well to win them. Hudders were abysmal

TBH, I haven't seen many teams that particularly impress me win or lose. Sheffield were clearly a class above, but that's the exception. Other than that it's been solid but limited sides throughout on the whole, which could describe about 80% of the Championship to greater or lesser extents.

Most had something somewhere, whether it was team work, organisation, strong defence, clinical finishing, luck. Huddersfield conceded two goals that show they're a team shit out of luck, offered very little threat, failed to control possession against a team who prior to today were probably averaging under 40%, made endless unforced errors and looked like they had no idea or belief how to win a game. IN other words they looked like us in many previous seasons. WHich should be good news for them as we've survived them. But I don't see their Meite / Joao / Olise / Swift. Although Thomas was a cut above the rest of their team, so maybe him.

We played well, at tempo, we took our chances and we made one mistake. Second half was a bit insipid, but we clearly chose to not go gung ho and to settle for the W. Given a hell of a fixture list coming up, seems sensible. Shame we didn't get the clean sheet though.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 01 Oct 2022 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 01 Oct 2022 22:13

That was a very solid, if unspectacular, performance and one that makes me think we really don't need to be worrying about relegation this season (points deductions for financial irregularities notwithstanding).

Andy Carroll bullied the Hudds defenders - at times he looks like a dad joining in with a U10s game - and helped put us on the front foot from the start, though I'm not sure him and Joao worked that well as a pairing.

Every player put in a shift which was pleasing and great to see TInce setting the standard with his never say die commitment to the cause.

Only small negatives were Lumley getting away with a shanked clearance and Hutchinson recklessly diving into challenges in the middle of the park (I think he got away with a very bad foul the ref didn't see) - he did this early in the Stoke game too and seems to be a feature of his game, which I hope doesn't cost us one day.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2022 22:23

Agree that Hutchinson got away with a really poor challenge in the second half. A nailed on yellow.

Did anyone else celebrate when it seemed Ince's free kick had gone in near the end of the first half? Plenty of us in the ED thought it was in.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 01 Oct 2022 22:27

Zip Agree that Hutchinson got away with a really poor challenge in the second half. A nailed on yellow.

Did anyone else celebrate when it seemed Ince's free kick had gone in near the end of the first half? Plenty of us in the ED thought it was in.

Yep - I think the entire SJM stand thought that FK was in. I thought that Hutchinson challenge was a borderline red, luckily the ref had glanced away so didn't get a good look and neither seemingly did his assistants.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2022 22:32

Royalcop
Zip Agree that Hutchinson got away with a really poor challenge in the second half. A nailed on yellow.

Yep - I think the entire SJM stand thought that FK was in. I thought that Hutchinson challenge was a borderline red, luckily the ref had glanced away so didn't get a good look and neither seemingly did his assistants.

Yep he was very lucky. Thought Langford was pretty lenient.

In answer to Ian I was impressed by Sunderland when they beat us a few weeks ago. Lively, organised hardworking and a good passing side.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 01 Oct 2022 22:42

Forgot to mention that I thought NGW was excellent today, comfortable on the ball and always looking to get forward and do something positive.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2022 22:43

Zip
Royalcop

Yep he was very lucky. Thought Langford was pretty lenient.

In answer to Ian I was impressed by Sunderland when they beat us a few weeks ago. Lively, organised hardworking and a good passing side.

I think we made them look better than they were, but their finishing was excellent. Upper end of the pile.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 Oct 2022 23:52

Can’t remember the last time we had such an easy win without playing particularly well. The third goal was laughable, much bigger test to come Tuesday and Friday after that we will see where we are,

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 Oct 2022 01:09

It’s all about balance and this league is closer than ever, the championship never disappoints :D

When we got throttled at Rovrum and Sheff Utd we were the worst team they had seen in memory. Now we are saying the same about Hudds.

Such a tough run ahead on paper and I have absolutely no idea where we will finish this season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Oct 2022 07:08

royalp-we It’s all about balance and this league is closer than ever, the championship never disappoints :D

When we got throttled at Rovrum and Sheff Utd we were the worst team they had seen in memory. Now we are saying the same about Hudds.

Such a tough run ahead on paper and I have absolutely no idea where we will finish this season.

Next 10 games are tough with the stretched squad we have and that make yesterday's win key. Now if we suddenly struggle and say only take 9 points form the next 10, we will still be at 30pts before the WC break, which would be a massive step towards safety.

We've managed 7 wins in 11, we probably only need to find 8 more in 35.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Oct 2022 07:40

Weird how good NWG looked.. like a settled championship full back. Nice to have a bit of competition that doesn't involve shoving McIntyre out there.

Again though I thought Ince was our best player. It's mind boggling.