MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h)

187 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h)

by blythspartan » 04 Oct 2022 22:33

Absolutely superb tonight. We could have won it but very happy with a point. Hendrick is definitely growing on me.

Rax

by Rax » 04 Oct 2022 22:37

It shows how far Pince has taken this team when we're "disapointed" to draw that game!

Bravo lads, well played...

Thought Big Andy was immense, shame we won't get 90 mins off him but for a guy that's on a short term contract, he put in a helluva shift :)

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 Oct 2022 22:44

I know the game was on tv tonight and money is tight. But less than 12k for a top of table clash is p..s poor with Norwich selling out there end.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Oct 2022 22:46

Jackson Corner I know the game was on tv tonight and money is tight. But less than 12k for a top of table clash is p..s poor with Norwich selling out there end.

Over 16k at the weekend with only 700 away fans. Numbers will come back if we continue as we are.

Needle

by Needle » 04 Oct 2022 22:48

That ref had six fingers

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Oct 2022 23:24

Needle That ref had six fingers

:lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Oct 2022 23:25

Brogue
Jackson Corner I know the game was on tv tonight and money is tight. But less than 12k for a top of table clash is p..s poor with Norwich selling out there end.

Over 16k at the weekend with only 700 away fans. Numbers will come back if we continue as we are.

Crap attendance indeed. Hopefully we'll see some of the fans returning now we are showing the fight and passion at home. Bar Sunderland every performance at home has been ok or very good. We were far better tonight than we were against Huddersfield.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 04 Oct 2022 23:26, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Oct 2022 23:26

I'm sure you're delighted to have found something to complain about though.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Oct 2022 23:31

Royal_jimmy Probably about a fair result. Ok point and good to see our resilience after going behind. Shame with the injuries as I would have fancied our full strength side would have had them

“Ok point”

:|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Oct 2022 23:38

CountryRoyal
Royal_jimmy Probably about a fair result. Ok point and good to see our resilience after going behind. Shame with the injuries as I would have fancied our full strength side would have had them

“Ok point”

:|

That's some turn around from the guy who had us dead and buried in July.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 05 Oct 2022 01:14

Snowflake Royal

I'm sure you're delighted to have found something to complain about though.

Absolutely and by the way they gave 5000 tickets to local clubs and schools on Saturday hence the larger attendance.
I have to admit for the first time in 20 years I did consider not getting a season ticket this year, the last 4 years have pushed my loyalty to point of despair. And I will be the first to admit I was not overwhelmed by Ince’s appointment.
But I am delighted to be wrong, just seeing the team give 100% every game fight for every ball and put there bodies on the line to block every shot is really all I want as a fan, and the results and league position is a bonus.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Oct 2022 08:38

Really impressed with the intelligence shown from Ince and the players. They realised it is actually ok to draw against a team like Norwich and after our equaliser we played exactly the right way. Kept it nice and tight and were well up for a battle.

Very happy to be proven wrong by Ince. Clearly the right manager at the right time.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2022 08:42

Can tell you’re struggling to find something to moan about :)

But yes surprised at that. It felt more like 15 I thought in the stadium but be nice for the fans to reward the team by coming back

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2022 08:44

NathStPaul Really impressed with the intelligence shown from Ince and the players. They realised it is actually ok to draw against a team like Norwich and after our equaliser we played exactly the right way. Kept it nice and tight and were well up for a battle.

Very happy to be proven wrong by Ince. Clearly the right manager at the right time.

Can’t praise ince and co enough at the moment

All the nonsense about how rubbish he was and the oppo fans ‘how can we be outthought by Paul Ince etc’

He clearly knows his stuff. He does seem a very much ‘siege mentality’ manager but that’s what we needed. Fcuk knows how Dai stumbled across bringing him in but he got lucky

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Oct 2022 09:20

Hound
NathStPaul Really impressed with the intelligence shown from Ince and the players. They realised it is actually ok to draw against a team like Norwich and after our equaliser we played exactly the right way. Kept it nice and tight and were well up for a battle.

Can’t praise ince and co enough at the moment

All the nonsense about how rubbish he was and the oppo fans ‘how can we be outthought by Paul Ince etc’

He clearly knows his stuff. He does seem a very much ‘siege mentality’ manager but that’s what we needed. Fcuk knows how Dai stumbled across bringing him in but he got lucky

Guess it was bound to happen soon enough :)

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Oct 2022 10:54

Sutekh
South Coast Royal Slow start but otherwise a very good half.
Hoilett making hay against a right-footed left-back (my favourite dislike in football) and Andy Carroll impressive again-hopefully he will last a bit longer tonight.

If we can restrict the Norwich attack as much as we have then we have a real opportunity here.

More than a left footed right back?

Yes-they are much rarer.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Oct 2022 11:04

Certainly felt their goal should have been disallowed for handball.

Even if accidental the handball massively advantaged Norwich.

Hard to believe we kept them to just one (illegal) shot on target!

Back three excellent but I think Hutchinson is the glue and a leader.

Hoilett excellent. Ince, great as usual, Hendricks getting better.

For a so-called "stand-in" left back/left wing-back, NGW is excellent
and could be a great player, long-term. Sign him up!

I REALLY like Loum and I think if he can get a long injury-free run in the team
he will just get better and better. Nothing fancy, just a good-old fashioned "destroyer",
another I would like to sign a long contract. Fornah OK, not a player let the side down.

ANDY CARROLL!!!

We are a better TEAM with him as the outlet. He never sulks, just keeps going.
Started with a few less-than-perfect touches but settled down to totally dominate.
If we can use him right, play off him better, and he avoids injury, he should start
over JOAO (if we play one up).

What I thought I saw, though, was nobody working WITH him. That is there was not
a "grab' to "Smash and Grab", a small, nippy striker or attacking midfielder who was
always close, there for the knock-downs or flicks. Sure, we had plenty of times where
the Carroll head won the ball and a Reading player picked it up, but it looked a bit
random. P Ince will know that a DUO (even if his partner is an attacking midfielder)
is the way to get a lot more goals.

I wonder if JOAO could work as a goal-scoring midfielder? He has great feet.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Oct 2022 11:09

Smash & Grab

The big guy wins everything, the small guy scores..

Toshack and Keegan

Alan Warboys and Bannister? (Bristol/Cardiff?)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Oct 2022 11:09

and so nice to see Ejaria back...

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Oct 2022 11:13

Good god he is still here.....

187 posts