Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a)

by leon » 13 Nov 2022 01:22

Snowflake Royal
Orion1871
leon
You know what ?

Fcuk Hull.

We should have had three penalties against them last season at the Mad Stad.

What goes around comes around.

If there's weren't penalties, which they weren't... not really...

"theirs"

HTH

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Nov 2022 01:44

On the Hendricks challenge; I think a red would have been harsh. I appreciate he’s gone over the top but he’s literally no where near the man,

Maybe it’s my eyesight. Which is weird because I was 25/20 last year.

Maybe I just don’t understand the game, which is a lot more probable because if I did I probably would watch someone other than Reading.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Nov 2022 03:46

Not a red for me it was low hard the Hull players tried to make it a red. Didn’t see the pens they were not shown on the highlights so could not have been that close. We have never won on that ground till today even the 106 only got a draw. So let’s just rejoice in a rare win.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Nov 2022 06:53

Zip Yeah the 5 for Mbengue is way too harsh

Ian has it in for players with dreadlocks I think

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2022 09:38

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy I can't fault anyone's performance today because I didn't watch it.

Btfg or at least ratings please for those of us who missed it.

Bouzanis - 6 one cracking save, one cracking punch, one air kick that should have been punished but wasn't and some poor kicking. Decent performance.
Hoilett - 7 after some recent lacklustre performances he beat his man plenty, defended ok, whipped in good crosses and generally played well.
Rahman - 5 Just makes far too many loose passes and errors, needs to improve on his delivery too
Yiadom - 6 started not great, but did ok
Holmes - 7 he's turning into a good reliable defender. Apparently at fault for the goal, but I didn't see it so not marking him down for it.
Mbengue - 5 well, he's quick and he tries and there's something there, but he's full of errors and doesn't look comfortable in defence.
Hendrick - 6 silly challenge aside, he was fairly typically Hendrick, quietly ok.
Fornah - 6 thought he generally played well and was surprised he was taken off, more likely to create a chance than Hendrick, Loum or Ejaria
Ince - 7 usual Ince, lots of work rate and some good balls in
Meite - 7 scored, somewhat fortunately, and caused difficulties without looking brilliant
Long - 6 good work rate, don't remember him looking very likely

Loum - 6 not good Loum, but not quite bad Loum, he was a bit iffy
Carroll - 6 caused the goal and did well, but we didn't seem to know how to use him a fair bit
Joao - 6 some decent hold up and link play, nothing really came his way chance wise.

Once again thank you, really useful.

Subs used in good time? Made a a difference?

Ish.... Loum for Fornah didn’t make much sense and didn’t really work imo, but it was early.

Carroll and Joao was a reasonable time and Carroll's header made the winner, both contributed, but I don’t think upfront was the problem behind us being dominate second half.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2022 09:39

Hound

Yep, Drinkwater should never have made that hairstyle choice.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Nov 2022 09:52

Hendrick shouldn't br guaranteed a place in the side. He has been average at best.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2022 10:06

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman Except for being at fault for the goal.

Will need to see that again, I thought it was Yiadom or Mbengue's man.

Yiadom was being climbed on by someone else. Only saw one replay, but looked like it was Holmes' man.

Definitely wasn't Holmes man... it was as I originally thought Yiadom or Mbengue's having watched the highlights back a couple of times and I'm pretty sure it was Mbengue's.

Yes, third watch in slow mo watch it's definitely Mbengue's man.

But Twitter says he was MotM!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2022 10:08

Zip Hendrick shouldn't br guaranteed a place in the side. He has been average at best.

But consistently average.

While Fornah and Loum have varied from excellent to shit and Ejaria has been poor.

That makes him the first midfielder on the team sheet for me at this point.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Nov 2022 10:47

Think Fornah has generally been a bit better than Hendrick personally. Can’t remember him having any real stinkers unlike the other 3

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Nov 2022 10:48

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Yep, Drinkwater should never have made that hairstyle choice.

Can only imagine the stick you’d given him if he had

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2022 10:52

Hound Think Fornah has generally been a bit better than Hendrick personally. Can’t remember him having any real stinkers unlike the other 3

He's played less, but I think the reason he's gone to the bench is because he had a couple of poorer games a while back.

Probably next on the list of most reliable midfielders for me. And when he plays well he certainly plays to a higher standard than Hendrick.

Think those two actually work fairly well as a pair. Fornah and Loum probably the next best pairing. Not that we play 2 midfielders.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 13 Nov 2022 11:22

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal Will need to see that again, I thought it was Yiadom or Mbengue's man.

Yiadom was being climbed on by someone else. Only saw one replay, but looked like it was Holmes' man.

Definitely wasn't Holmes man... it was as I originally thought Yiadom or Mbengue's having watched the highlights back a couple of times and I'm pretty sure it was Mbengue's.

Yes, third watch in slow mo watch it's definitely Mbengue's man.

But Twitter says he was MotM!

And the manager and the local press... but Captain Belligerent has decided to write the lad off.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Nov 2022 12:14

Orion1871
Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Bouzanis - 6 one cracking save, one cracking punch, one air kick that should have been punished but wasn't and some poor kicking. Decent performance.
Hoilett - 7 after some recent lacklustre performances he beat his man plenty, defended ok, whipped in good crosses and generally played well.
Rahman - 5 Just makes far too many loose passes and errors, needs to improve on his delivery too
Yiadom - 6 started not great, but did ok
Holmes - 7 he's turning into a good reliable defender. Apparently at fault for the goal, but I didn't see it so not marking him down for it.
Mbengue - 5 well, he's quick and he tries and there's something there, but he's full of errors and doesn't look comfortable in defence.
Hendrick - 6 silly challenge aside, he was fairly typically Hendrick, quietly ok.
Fornah - 6 thought he generally played well and was surprised he was taken off, more likely to create a chance than Hendrick, Loum or Ejaria
Ince - 7 usual Ince, lots of work rate and some good balls in
Meite - 7 scored, somewhat fortunately, and caused difficulties without looking brilliant
Long - 6 good work rate, don't remember him looking very likely

Loum - 6 not good Loum, but not quite bad Loum, he was a bit iffy
Carroll - 6 caused the goal and did well, but we didn't seem to know how to use him a fair bit
Joao - 6 some decent hold up and link play, nothing really came his way chance wise.

Not really useful when he gives the man of the match a 5.

More useful than no ratings at all, tbf.

Obviously as a neutral I take all views into account. Presumably you thought mbengue was decent?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 13 Nov 2022 12:25

Millsy
Orion1871
Millsy

Obviously as a neutral I take all views into account. Presumably you thought mbengue was decent?

Yes, and so did the manager.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-star-who-put-25502262

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Nov 2022 13:32

Rosenior & Hull fans bleating on about how they should've had two penalties. Yet neither 'claim' seemed to be of sufficient interest for the highlights programmes to cover them!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Nov 2022 15:13

Orion1871
Millsy
Orion1871

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-star-who-put-25502262

Thx

Not being an arse but bearing in mind that's coming from a man who's defence is one of the worst in the league... ;)

And it reads more like praising a young lad stepping in and not being totally shit with "he's 20" "he's a bit raw at times" "he's a trier".

That's a different sort of praise but still valid. Didn't watch the match so I don't care either way. It doesn't strike me that he'd be first choice CB when others are back. Always looked a little dodgy to me in other games at times.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 13 Nov 2022 15:25

Millsy
Orion1871
Millsy

Thx

Not being an arse but bearing in mind that's coming from a man who's defence is one of the worst in the league... ;)

And it reads more like praising a young lad stepping in and not being totally shit with "he's 20" "he's a bit raw at times" "he's a trier".

That's a different sort of praise but still valid. Didn't watch the match so I don't care either way. It doesn't strike me that he'd be first choice CB when others are back. Always looked a little dodgy to me in other games at times.

Agreed. A midfielder wouldn't be first choice CB when others are back.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Nov 2022 15:26

Orion1871
Millsy

Thx

Agreed. A midfielder wouldn't be first choice CB when others are back.

Why not? A right back is.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Nov 2022 17:27

It wasn't classy, or maybe not even our best performance in the past half a dozen but it was gritty and, especially during a tough run, a team like us needs that grit and spirit and, whilst we've been out of luck in some games recently, it tuned in our favour yesterday. Really happy for the team and it's a big 3 points which leaves us in a solid position going into the World Cup break.

I thought Mbengue had a really good game. I think it was his man for the goal which wasn't good and a couple of hairy moments but provided some really good defending at crucial times and was absolutely committed, thought the whole defence stood up pretty well including the goalkeeper who was good outside that mad moment in the first half, but if anyone stood out for me it was Mbengue.

6 points above the bottom 3 and in the top half of the table is a really good place to be going into the break, at one point we were 15th (still more than acceptance come the end of the season) and only a couple of points above I think so it didn't look great. Good win though, exactly what we needed. Recharge and bring on Coventry in a few weeks.

250 posts