Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a)

by Orion1871 » 13 Nov 2022 18:21

Sutekh
Orion1871
Millsy
Thx

Not being an arse but bearing in mind that's coming from a man who's defence is one of the worst in the league... ;)

And it reads more like praising a young lad stepping in and not being totally shit with "he's 20" "he's a bit raw at times" "he's a trier".

That's a different sort of praise but still valid. Didn't watch the match so I don't care either way. It doesn't strike me that he'd be first choice CB when others are back. Always looked a little dodgy to me in other games at times.

Agreed. A midfielder wouldn't be first choice CB when others are back.

Why not? A right back is.

If Sarr, Moore, Hutchinson, McIntyre, and Holmes are fit then Yiadom wouldn't be playing CB.

Obviously them all actually being fit is a very unlikely occurrence with our medical department.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2022 20:38

RoyalBlue Rosenior & Hull fans bleating on about how they should've had two penalties. Yet neither 'claim' seemed to be of sufficient interest for the highlights programmes to cover them!

THat's because they were both blatant dives.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2022 20:41

YorkshireRoyal99 It wasn't classy, or maybe not even our best performance in the past half a dozen but it was gritty and, especially during a tough run, a team like us needs that grit and spirit and, whilst we've been out of luck in some games recently, it tuned in our favour yesterday. Really happy for the team and it's a big 3 points which leaves us in a solid position going into the World Cup break.

I thought Mbengue had a really good game. I think it was his man for the goal which wasn't good and a couple of hairy moments but provided some really good defending at crucial times and was absolutely committed, thought the whole defence stood up pretty well including the goalkeeper who was good outside that mad moment in the first half, but if anyone stood out for me it was Mbengue.

6 points above the bottom 3 and in the top half of the table is a really good place to be going into the break, at one point we were 15th (still more than acceptance come the end of the season) and only a couple of points above I think so it didn't look great. Good win though, exactly what we needed. Recharge and bring on Coventry in a few weeks.

To be fair to Bouzanis his 'mad' moment came from a pretty bad defensive error with the defender then somewhat getting in his way of clearing, not withstanding he should have done much better with the air kick of course.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Nov 2022 20:59

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 It wasn't classy, or maybe not even our best performance in the past half a dozen but it was gritty and, especially during a tough run, a team like us needs that grit and spirit and, whilst we've been out of luck in some games recently, it tuned in our favour yesterday. Really happy for the team and it's a big 3 points which leaves us in a solid position going into the World Cup break.

I thought Mbengue had a really good game. I think it was his man for the goal which wasn't good and a couple of hairy moments but provided some really good defending at crucial times and was absolutely committed, thought the whole defence stood up pretty well including the goalkeeper who was good outside that mad moment in the first half, but if anyone stood out for me it was Mbengue.

6 points above the bottom 3 and in the top half of the table is a really good place to be going into the break, at one point we were 15th (still more than acceptance come the end of the season) and only a couple of points above I think so it didn't look great. Good win though, exactly what we needed. Recharge and bring on Coventry in a few weeks.

To be fair to Bouzanis his 'mad' moment came from a pretty bad defensive error with the defender then somewhat getting in his way of clearing, not withstanding he should have done much better with the air kick of course.

Anything to blame Mbengue aye. :wink:

No but I see what you mean, two players coming together, either both shouting for it or both leaving it to each other probably caused it. You'd always want the person coming onto the ball to clear it as it goes further up field there, but at least it avoided an absolute catastrophe.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Nov 2022 21:27

Royal_jimmy That was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen. Hull scrapped against us and bought us down to a poor level.

Sure it wasn’t the other way around?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2022 22:08

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

Anything to blame Mbengue aye. :wink:

No but I see what you mean, two players coming together, either both shouting for it or both leaving it to each other probably caused it. You'd always want the person coming onto the ball to clear it as it goes further up field there, but at least it avoided an absolute catastrophe.

Specifically didn't name him because of all Orien's whining... didn't want to upset him. :wink:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Nov 2022 08:52

Royal Rother
Royal_jimmy That was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen. Hull scrapped against us and bought us down to a poor level.

Sure it wasn’t the other way around?

6 of one...

Hull have lost 7 of their last 8 home games. Fair to say they aren't playing with carefree abandon there at the mo.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Nov 2022 09:04

Brilliant from Carroll for the winner, and yes it was a foul for the freekick.

Hull City were the home team and were incredibly poor after the first goal. Shocking miss from 27 when our keeper fluffed his lines. I say miss, he didnt even strike it, it was just a pass into the net and wanted more touches.

Massive result that and something to build on after world cup - break has come at right time. Hopefully checks Coventry's momentum and for us, Sarr, Hutchison into that team, and Azeez finally able to start his season.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Nov 2022 09:08

paultheroyal Brilliant from Carroll for the winner, and yes it was a foul for the freekick.

Hull City were the home team and were incredibly poor after the first goal. Shocking miss from 27 when our keeper fluffed his lines. I say miss, he didnt even strike it, it was just a pass into the net and wanted more touches.

Massive result that and something to build on after world cup - break has come at right time. Hopefully checks Coventry's momentum and for us, Sarr, Hutchison into that team, and Azeez finally able to start his season.

I'm not 100% sure Azeez gets into our squad with everyone fit, but no doubt we will have some injury casualty going into the game against Coventry, problem is it will probably end up being him again!

But yeah agree it's a really important 3 points and the break will be good for us to get some rest in our legs and hopefully it means we start on more of an even-keel against Coventry, a team we can certainly beat at home.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Nov 2022 09:13

YorkshireRoyal99
paultheroyal Brilliant from Carroll for the winner, and yes it was a foul for the freekick.

I'm not 100% sure Azeez gets into our squad with everyone fit, but no doubt we will have some injury casualty going into the game against Coventry, problem is it will probably end up being him again!

But yeah agree it's a really important 3 points and the break will be good for us to get some rest in our legs and hopefully it means we start on more of an even-keel against Coventry, a team we can certainly beat at home.

I hope Azeez gets a chance as he can bring a great injection of pace to the team which I think we’ve been missing. I just hope he can stay fit.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Nov 2022 09:33

blythspartan
YorkshireRoyal99

I hope Azeez gets a chance as he can bring a great injection of pace to the team which I think we’ve been missing. I just hope he can stay fit.

I hope he does I'm just not sure where he fits into the team. Maybe as a CF, but we've got 4 (better) options than him currently I'd say, maybe as a 10 behind them where Ince plays where he can take the ball and get at players but I'm not sure if that's his best position and where we'd get the best out of him. I'm not sure where he's been playing recently for the U23's as he returns to fitness.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Nov 2022 09:43

YorkshireRoyal99
blythspartan
YorkshireRoyal99

I hope he does I'm just not sure where he fits into the team. Maybe as a CF, but we've got 4 (better) options than him currently I'd say, maybe as a 10 behind them where Ince plays where he can take the ball and get at players but I'm not sure if that's his best position and where we'd get the best out of him. I'm not sure where he's been playing recently for the U23's as he returns to fitness.

I know what you’re saying about the options ahead of him. I appreciate this is probably unrealistic but I’d like to see him be another Nicky Forster. A player who’s not scared to run at defenders and causing havoc, and as a result, creating space for other players in dangerous areas.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Nov 2022 10:40

Are Sarr and Azeez falling into that category (add Tetek) that they are perceived to be better players than they are, the longer they are out?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Nov 2022 10:54

South Coast Royal

Are Sarr and Azeez falling into that category (add Tetek) that they are perceived to be better players than they are, the longer they are out?

Do people perceive Azeez and Tetek as likely starters? I might be wrong, but I think they’re fairly judged as being useful options rather than revolutionary ones.

Sarr, I think it is fair to say, would be a genuine contender for a starting slot at the least.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Nov 2022 11:00

SCIAG
South Coast Royal

Do people perceive Azeez and Tetek as likely starters? I might be wrong, but I think they’re fairly judged as being useful options rather than revolutionary ones.

Sarr, I think it is fair to say, would be a genuine contender for a starting slot at the least.

Agree with this. I think Sarr walks into this team, no questions asked.

Tetek and Azzez would certainly be useful additions to the squad. Tetek more for cover but Azzez could add something going forward off the bench if we're chasing the game. We've done ok without them, but it would still be nice for them to be available for selection - even if it isn't every week.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Nov 2022 11:12

I think there's a spot in the team for Azeez to claim, our strikers aren't exactly burying the chances right now.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Nov 2022 11:13

South Coast Royal

Sarr quality. Rated at clubs he has been at. Showed his brilliance in Millwall match. When fit he will be an excellent addition.

Azeez is a real star of the future. A quality player there, just made of glass at the moment.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Nov 2022 11:56

Hendo
SCIAG
South Coast Royal

Agree with this. I think Sarr walks into this team, no questions asked.

Tetek and Azzez would certainly be useful additions to the squad. Tetek more for cover but Azzez could add something going forward off the bench if we're chasing the game. We've done ok without them, but it would still be nice for them to be available for selection - even if it isn't every week.

Sarr-walking isn't the problem it's running. :wink:
Wasn't he out for a lot of last season at Huddersfield?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Nov 2022 11:59

Yeah I think Sarr is a starter, I think our best back 3 would be Holmes, Hutchinson and Sarr personally speaking. Maybe a touch harsh on TMac, but it's not bad to have those options really. Yiadom and Mbengue have proved capable of covering those positions and Moore, when fit, is a more than decent option on his day.

Tetek and Azeez aren't considered starters, good squad options who should be capable of performing and probably deserve a fair chance in the team if given the chance. Just not sure where Azeez fits into our current team at the moment, as I think he's shown his best quality out wide, but we've rarely played with wingers this season unless we've gone for a 5-4-1, where he may fit in.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Nov 2022 13:00

Had totally forgotten about Tetek (again)

Could see a role for Azeez if fit. Definitely not a starter atm but could also give another wide option

Sarr and Holmes would start at Cb + 1 From Moore, Mbengue, TMc and Hutch. Actually think Mbengue’s pace is quite a nice mix for the other 2

250 posts