The place to keep track of RFC players at the World Cup

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

The place to keep track of RFC players at the World Cup

by Sutekh » 10 Nov 2022 08:51

Mamadou Loum N'Diaye Officially called up to Senegal squad. Senegal are part of Group A with Ecuador, Qatar and the Netherlands.

Mon 21 Nov 22 - GMT 4pm - Senegal v Nederlands
Fri 25 Nov 22 - GMT 1pm - Senegal v Qatar
Tue 29 Nov 22 - GMT 3pm - Senegal v Ecuador
Last edited by Sutekh on 15 Nov 2022 07:38, edited 1 time in total.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The place to keep track RFC players at the World Cup

by Royals and Racers » 13 Nov 2022 15:26

Any other players confirmed as going ?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Nov 2022 16:18

Canada confirmed their squad earlier today:

Canada games are:

Wed 23 Nov 22 - GMT 7pm - Canada v Belgium
Sun 27 Nov 22 - GMT 4pm - Canada v Croatia
Thu 01 Dec 22 - GMT 3pm - Canada v Morocco

Ghana expected to be confirmed at some point tomorrow.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Nov 2022 11:59

Baba Rahman included, Yiadom misses out :(

Gutted for Yids, but on the flip side, also slightly glad that he'll be staying with the squad.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Nov 2022 12:12

Sutekh Mamadou Loum N'Diaye Officially called up to Senegal squad. Senegal are part of Group A with Ecuador, Qatar and the Netherlands.

Mon 21 Nov 22 - GMT 4pm - Senegal v Nederlands
Fri 25 Nov 22 - GMT 1pm - Senegal v Qatar
Tue 29 Nov 22 - GMT 3pm - Senegal v Ecuador

If he gets to play it should be good for bookings betting.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Nov 2022 12:21

Ghana squad announced:

GOALKEEPERS: Manaf Nurudeen, Danlad Ibrahim, Lawrence Ati Zigi

DEFENDERS: Denis Odoi, Tariq Lamptey, Alidu Seidu, Daniel Amartey, Joseph Aidoo, Alexander Djiku, Mohammed Salisu, Abdul-Rahman Baba, Gideon Mensah

MIDFIELDERS: Andre Ayew, Thomas Partey, Elisha Owusu, Salis Abdul Samed, Mohammed Kudus, Daniel Kofi Kyereh

FORWARDS: Daniel Barnieh Afriyie, Kamal Sowah, Issahaku Abdul Fatawu, Osman Bukari, Inaki Williams, Antoine Semenyo, Jordan Ayew, Kamaldeen Sulemana

Ghana games are:

Thu 24 Nov 22 - GMT 4pm - Ghana v Portugal
Mon 28 Nov 22 - GMT 1pm - Ghana v South Korea
Fri 02 Dec 22 - GMT 3pm - Ghana v Uruguay

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Nov 2022 16:59

We have more of our players going to the World Cup than Bournemouth, Southampton and Crystal Palace, and the same number as Leeds!

:shock:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Nov 2022 17:19

Mr Angry We have more of our players going to the World Cup than Bournemouth, Southampton and Crystal Palace, and the same number as Leeds!

Although a pedant would say that 2 of the 3 are not our players :wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Nov 2022 07:33

Just for completist’s sake the World Cup also sees the following 4 players involved who have previously played for Reading….

Nathan Ake (Man C) - the Netherlands
Emiliano Martinez (Aston Villa) - Argentina
Chris Gunter (Wimbledon) - Wales
Saied Ezatolahi (Vejle) - Iran

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Nov 2022 07:43

Hendo
Mr Angry We have more of our players going to the World Cup than Bournemouth, Southampton and Crystal Palace, and the same number as Leeds!

Which does actually make me think - I started an earlier thread on the money clubs get for players at the WC. I'm now wondering, given Loum and Rahman aren't our players, will we get money for them or will their parent clubs get the money? Naturally, a season ending injury would impact us more this season, rather than Porto/Chelsea but with Rahman especially, the parent club will be paying some, if not all of their wages. Loum we are likely paying 100% towards.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Nov 2022 08:42

Stranded
Hendo

Which does actually make me think - I started an earlier thread on the money clubs get for players at the WC. I'm now wondering, given Loum and Rahman aren't our players, will we get money for them or will their parent clubs get the money? Naturally, a season ending injury would impact us more this season, rather than Porto/Chelsea but with Rahman especially, the parent club will be paying some, if not all of their wages. Loum we are likely paying 100% towards.

Good question, anyone know the definitive answer? Would presume it’s the parent club that would get it but it’s an odd one as normally tournament finals are in most country’s domestic close season so players are usually with their parent clubs at the time.

Believe that technically it can be argued that a loan player “belongs” to the club to which he is loaned as that club holds that player’s registration, albeit temporarily. Therefore it is the loan club that is releasing the player to participate in the competition and if you look at the various squad rosters you’ll see that players on loan are recorded with the loan club’s name rather than the parent club.

However I would presume that the parent club would continue to pay any insurance premiums on a player as should a serious injury arise it’s the parent club that would receive the compensation, therefore if any wedge is for covering those sorts of costs then it will go to the parent club.

Alternatively, if the money is simply being provided as a gratis payment for allowing a player to leave and participate then that money should go to the loan club as that loan club cannot then call on the services of that player for training and any domestic games that may still be going ahead within the duration of the tournament.

But basically your guess is as good as mine… :D

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Nov 2022 09:31

Sutekh
Stranded
Hendo

Good question, anyone know the definitive answer? Would presume it’s the parent club that would get it but it’s an odd one as normally tournament finals are in most country’s domestic close season so players are usually with their parent clubs at the time.

Believe that technically it can be argued that a loan player “belongs” to the club to which he is loaned as that club holds that player’s registration, albeit temporarily. Therefore it is the loan club that is releasing the player to participate in the competition and if you look at the various squad rosters you’ll see that players on loan are recorded with the loan club’s name rather than the parent club.

However I would presume that the parent club would continue to pay any insurance premiums on a player as should a serious injury arise it’s the parent club that would receive the compensation, therefore if any wedge is for covering those sorts of costs then it will go to the parent club.

Alternatively, if the money is simply being provided as a gratis payment for allowing a player to leave and participate then that money should go to the loan club as that loan club cannot then call on the services of that player for training and any domestic games that may still be going ahead within the duration of the tournament.

But basically your guess is as good as mine… :D

Absolutely no idea. There may be something in the loan contract which stipulates. Maybe something similar to the wage %, for example if we're paying 90% of Loum's wages we get 90% of the WC money. But yeah, no idea.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 Nov 2022 12:54

Hendo
Absolutely no idea. There may be something in the loan contract which stipulates. Maybe something similar to the wage %, for example if we're paying 90% of Loum's wages we get 90% of the WC money. But yeah, no idea.

It's (inevitably) more complicated then that.
The amount of compensation per player is approx $10000 per day. That is then shared between all clubs for which the footballer has played in the two years prior to the FIFA World Cup 2022 (to allow for having released them during qualification also) So I think Loum is registered to us - but only for a small proportion of the 2 years

I can see why they restrict it to players and teams just at the tournament, or it would be mega confusing, but it does mean we miss out e.g., we released Yids the whole way through the qualification phase but we get no compensation for him, because he didn't make the final squad

Basically we'll only get a decent amount of compensation for Junior Hoilett.
https://www.insideworldfootball.com/202 ... atar-2022/
https://www.sportbible.com/football/man ... s-20221114

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The place to keep track of RFC players at the World Cup

by Norfolk Royal » 15 Nov 2022 13:32

Is it the treatment room?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Nov 2022 15:40

muirinho
Hendo

The amount of compensation per player is approx $10000 per day. That is then shared between all clubs for which the footballer has played in the two years prior to the FIFA World Cup 2022 (to allow for having released them during qualification also) So I think Loum is registered to us - but only for a small proportion of the 2 years

I can see why they restrict it to players and teams just at the tournament, or it would be mega confusing, but it does mean we miss out e.g., we released Yids the whole way through the qualification phase but we get no compensation for him, because he didn't make the final squad

Well that is weird. So, for arguments sake a third division club could have signed a regular international player in August 2022 and found that player gets included in a squad for the WC finals. That club then lose that player for around one month and yet they still have a fixture program during that month and they then find that they’ll get almost diddly squat of any WC payments.

I would have thought payments should be payable at the time of any qualifiers otherwise you get these sorts of issues which just don’t seem right.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 Nov 2022 16:54

Sutekh
muirinho
Hendo

Well that is weird. So, for arguments sake a third division club could have signed a regular international player in August 2022 and found that player gets included in a squad for the WC finals. That club then lose that player for around one month and yet they still have a fixture program during that month and they then find that they’ll get almost diddly squat of any WC payments.

I would have thought payments should be payable at the time of any qualifiers otherwise you get these sorts of issues which just don’t seem right.

I know for the euros, there's separate compensation for the qualifiers - but I haven't seen anything about this for the world cup. Certainly treating them as separate seems more sensible - then we'd have got compensation for Yids during qualifiying.

I have no idea exactly how the breakdown between the clubs based on the player's registration over the last two years works. You'd think it would be based on the proportion of international duty days while officially at each club, but who knows.

Note - all of this is completely separate from the obligation on FIFA to pay the wages of a player injured on international duty.

The Cube

by The Cube » 15 Nov 2022 17:13

Sutekh Canada games are:

So, eliminated on 27 November, and back in England on 2 December. Injury permitting, should be no problem for the Coventry game.

Note - I have nothing against Canada, but I've seen them play.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 15 Nov 2022 19:05

The Cube
Sutekh Canada games are:

So, eliminated on 27 November, and back in England on 2 December. Injury permitting, should be no problem for the Coventry game.

Note - I have nothing against Canada, but I've seen them play.

Hi Cube, I've been living in Canada for 15 yrs now and Canadian football is really starting to take off here, much in the same way the football took off in the USA.
They'll never be as successful due to the small population here in Canada. Canada is 50 times larger than the UK however, there's twice as many living in the UK compared to Canada.
They do have two very good player's in Alponso Davies (Bayern Munich) and a goal machine Jonathan David (Lille) 30 goals in 90 appearances is pretty good in the French league.
I would be really surprised if they qualify however, they took 4 points off the USA team in qualifying so they're defiantly no mugs.
Maybe the weather in Qatar will kill them off, it's been -17C here in Alberta this week so the 30C temp in the dessert will certainly test them.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 15 Nov 2022 19:55

"no easy games in international football" klaxon

I mean no disrespect either crowbar but I'm with thecube here.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 16 Nov 2022 08:49

I think Canada can compete, I just don't see them getting through the group, yet stranger things have happened. They are all difficult games for them, having said that Belgium and Croatia have started to slip in the last couple of years and Morocco have a decent side, but nothing they couldn't beat.