BFTG QPR

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG QPR

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jan 2023 16:43

karbota
Royal_jimmy Paul Ince's negativity killed our chances of winning having been 2-0 up. Shocking substitutions with half an hour to go.

Correct meanwhile Parky wins again, it's just a question of time Mr Zippy.

Parky has a very considerable advantage with financial backing way above others in his club's division. I'm pretty sure he'll also be looking for another job if they fail to get promoted this season!

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 15 Jan 2023 16:46

Nameless
karbota
Snowflake Royal To be fair, I absolutely detest this view, which is just a sign that cheating has become acceptable, imo.

Just another foreign corruption to the game, but how come you never complained about Rakkles throwing himself to the floor?

Not sure where the idea it’s foreign comes from, Francis Lee was doing it back in the 70’s and Trevor Senior wasn’t scared of hitting the deck….

Bullsh£,t those were the days of chopper Harris, punch-up Price, and Razor Ruddock.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 15 Jan 2023 16:51

RoyalBlue
karbota
Royal_jimmy Paul Ince's negativity killed our chances of winning having been 2-0 up. Shocking substitutions with half an hour to go.

Correct meanwhile Parky wins again, it's just a question of time Mr Zippy.

Parky has a very considerable advantage with financial backing way above others in his club's division. I'm pretty sure he'll also be looking for another job if they fail to get promoted this season!

Well, that would be to our advantage, the same was said by Zip last season. I think he will be snapped up pretty quickly by another CS if we dont act soon.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Jan 2023 17:01

karbota
Nameless
karbota
Just another foreign corruption to the game, but how come you never complained about Rakkles throwing himself to the floor?

Not sure where the idea it’s foreign comes from, Francis Lee was doing it back in the 70’s and Trevor Senior wasn’t scared of hitting the deck….

Bullsh£,t those were the days of chopper Harris, punch-up Price, and Razor Ruddock.

No, Lee was well known for his ability to ‘draw’ penalties. What Harris has to do with it is unclear and Ruddock didn’t play in the 70’s.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jan 2023 17:08

Franny Lee was attached to a fcuking bungee rope. Into the area, defender within 2 yards, BOOOIIINNGGG, off he flies.

Referees' chief Keith Hackett described him as a player who "had a reputation of falling down easily"

Let's not forget Michael,Owen either.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Jan 2023 17:36

Does anyone know or has worked out how far out Hendrick`s 1st goal yesterday was. Was it over 30 yds ?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Jan 2023 18:07

From Despair To Where? Franny Lee was attached to a fcuking bungee rope. Into the area, defender within 2 yards, BOOOIIINNGGG, off he flies.

Referees' chief Keith Hackett described him as a player who "had a reputation of falling down easily"

Was he the guy that had the on pitch fight with Norman Hunter? Proper fight too not like you see today...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jan 2023 18:27

I've just watched the extended highlights on Sky and what pees me off is the blatant inconsistency displayed by some referees who seem to think different standards apply when a foul is committed in the penalty area.

During the first half, not long before our second goal, Darren Bond quickly and happily awarded a freekick to QPR not far outside our area after what he saw as a foul by Baba on Laird. Apart from the fact the incident occurred outside the area, the circumstances were very similar and, if anything, the level of contact by Baba on Laird was less than in the Long penalty incident. If Bond was happy to award the freekick then he should also have given the penalty to us.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jan 2023 18:37

Mid Sussex Royal
From Despair To Where? Franny Lee was attached to a fcuking bungee rope. Into the area, defender within 2 yards, BOOOIIINNGGG, off he flies.

Was he the guy that had the on pitch fight with Norman Hunter? Proper fight too not like you see today...

Yep that's the fella, proper windmilling at Hunter.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2023 18:48

Read Norman Hunters autobiography years ago.

Elm Park (post Leeds days) was his less favourite place….hated it and the abuse he got… 8)

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 15 Jan 2023 19:14

Nameless
karbota
Nameless

No, Lee was well known for his ability to ‘draw’ penalties. What Harris has to do with it is unclear and Ruddock didn’t play in the 70’s.

Nor Senior!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Jan 2023 19:22

Royals and Racers Does anyone know or has worked out how far out Hendrick`s 1st goal yesterday was. Was it over 30 yds ?

32.3 yards - some strike that

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2023 19:35

Fantastic goal from Jeff that

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2023 20:03

When the occasion presents itself…give it a go !

Great stuff Jeff

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Jan 2023 20:05

paultheroyal
Royals and Racers Does anyone know or has worked out how far out Hendrick`s 1st goal yesterday was. Was it over 30 yds ?

32.3 yards - some strike that

Thanks- are there any records of any greater distance Royals goals in recent times ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2023 20:11

Percy Freeman hit one from the half-way line

Not sure of the yardage nor whether it qualifies as “recent”….but it happened….I was there 8)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Jan 2023 20:19

AthleticoSpizz Percy Freeman hit one from the half-way line

Not sure of the yardage nor whether it qualifies as “recent”….but it happened….I was there 8)

Robin Friday’s goal was struck in Woodley

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2023 20:23

Franchise FC

…..and we were all there to see it…even Ian and DD

Seriously, Percies goes un-heralded….actually was a massive goal that (possibly) surpassed THAT RF goal

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jan 2023 20:27

Billy Whitehurst scored one from the centre circle against Bolton. Branfoot sold him a week later.

Alan Pouton also scored a cracking og for us from the centre circle up at Grimsby.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Jan 2023 20:30

AthleticoSpizz
Franchise FC

…..and we were all there to see it…even Ian and DD

Seriously, Percies goes un-heralded….actually was a massive goal that (possibly) surpassed THAT RF goal

The Freeman goal that always makes me laugh is one he scored in a reserve game on a quagmire. He literally bulldozed his way through and it was like watching Thunderbird Two emerging with the trees dropping out of the way