MATCHWATCH : Stoke City (a)

129 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Stoke City (a)

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jan 2023 21:00

CountryRoyal I’ve not been well last few weeks and couldn’t sleep last “night” until 8am so needless to say didn’t make it to this one. Waste of £25 but tbh looks like a win not going.

Hope you're ok m8 x

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2023 21:24

CountryRoyal I’ve not been well last few weeks and couldn’t sleep last “night” until 8am so needless to say didn’t make it to this one. Waste of £25 but tbh looks like a win not going.

Get well soon fella

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jan 2023 21:45

Royal_jimmy That was one of the worst displays I've been ever seen

Is this the fault of the management or players just not being good enough ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jan 2023 21:48

Seen worse, plenty worse over the years…get over it, it happens.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 21 Jan 2023 21:58

Left at 2-0 but excellent drinking session in Stoke.

Great scenes at HT with a punch or two thrown amongst the travelling support in the outside concourse area 8)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jan 2023 22:12

Eh?

1974 is asking

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 22 Jan 2023 00:00

Sutekh

My first away game in a long time ,

Shocking! Totally gutlesss performance by the team , but then they only played to the instructions of the manager. So who is to blame?

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 22 Jan 2023 00:14

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy
[Ian mode] I trust a professional ref over an armchair pundit [/Ian mode]

Glad you now decide to admit refs are fallible. Thought you'd lost your marbles last week.

You taken the idiot pills again Millsy?

I never said they weren't fallible. They can make mistakes, they don’t always have a good view or.see.something.

They're still better than anyone else at it though.

Typical Ian, getting personally aggressive when he's been caught with his pants down. :lol:

Don’t worry , the boys an a little bit inadequate, scouring this website , seeking out the odd mistake with view of cashing in with a verbally bullying attack. This website is his life, that’s how inadequate he is.
He is one of the main reasons why people are not subscribing any more.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jan 2023 10:21

According to Alan Nixon Ovie has been told he can leave the club this,summer. Another expensive signing who just hasn't kicked on

We will be very lucky to get a million for him.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jan 2023 10:43

Zip According to Alan Nixon Ovie has been told he can leave the club this,summer. Another expensive signing who just hasn't kicked on

Not surprised by this. He has 1 good game in every 8 at best

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Jan 2023 10:51

Zip According to Alan Nixon Ovie has been told he can leave the club this,summer. Another expensive signing who just hasn't kicked on

Would like for him to get a loan move out this window so we can try and freshen in up with another player somewhere, it will also held in trimming the wage bill at least for the remainder of the season.

I reckon we could get a seven figure fee for him, depending on any interested parties.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2023 11:23

YorkshireRoyal99

Would like for him to get a loan move out this window so we can try and freshen in up with another player somewhere, it will also held in trimming the wage bill at least for the remainder of the season.

I reckon we could get a seven figure fee for him, depending on any interested parties.

10 goals in 140 appearances, 13 assists. Never played 40 games in a season and appearances decreasing. Slows the game down, dwells on the ball. No longer a young up and coming player. Attitude been questioned and he's a miserable sod.

7 figures seems extremely optimistic. Like most of our failed signings I think we'll struggle to shift him to anyone for more than a notional fee.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Jan 2023 11:58

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

10 goals in 140 appearances, 13 assists. Never played 40 games in a season and appearances decreasing. Slows the game down, dwells on the ball. No longer a young up and coming player. Attitude been questioned and he's a miserable sod.

7 figures seems extremely optimistic. Like most of our failed signings I think we'll struggle to shift him to anyone for more than a notional fee.

Does it though? Baring in mind we've just shifted on Puscas to Genoa with large wages and who have the option to purchase the player for around 4 million euros even though he scored 1 goal in 25 Championship appearances for us the last time he played for us (and 4 in 21 the previous season). He's also not exactly a young and up and coming player either now at 26.

The transfer market goes beyond just what we see. I think the emphasis is now on if clubs feel like they can get something different out of the player than what is shown at his previous club and if he fits their style of play. I don't think it's extremely optimistic, although I'm not saying it's a shoe-in either considering he's only got 12 months left on his deal (assuming a deal happens in the summer). I think it depends who is interested.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2023 12:00

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Does it though? Baring in mind we've just shifted on Puscas to Genoa with large wages and who have the option to purchase the player for around 4 million euros even though he scored 1 goal in 25 Championship appearances for us the last time he played for us (and 4 in 21 the previous season). He's also not exactly a young and up and coming player either now at 26.

The transfer market goes beyond just what we see. I think the emphasis is now on if clubs feel like they can get something different out of the player than what is shown at his previous club and if he fits their style of play. I don't think it's extremely optimistic, although I'm not saying it's a shoe-in either considering he's only got 12 months left on his deal (assuming a deal happens in the summer). I think it depends who is interested.

You're using Puscas? A player we've been failing to sell for two years? Including last summer when his previous club also had a buy option for millions of Euros and we went through about 4 different attempts to sell him and didn’t? Righto.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Jan 2023 12:04

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal 10 goals in 140 appearances, 13 assists. Never played 40 games in a season and appearances decreasing. Slows the game down, dwells on the ball. No longer a young up and coming player. Attitude been questioned and he's a miserable sod.

You're using Puscas? A player we've been failing to sell for two years? Including last summer when his previous club also had a buy option for millions of Euros and we went through about 4 different attempts to sell him and didn’t? Righto.

Correct, I am using a player that is still commanding a sizeable transfer fee despite being far from successful in the last couple of years for us...

Pisa didn't buy him last year as they didn't go up, thus likely couldn't afford him. The reports were they had an obligation to buy him for around 5 million euros if they were promoted. The point being, he still commanded a rather large transfer fee despite being poor for us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2023 12:06

He hasn't commanded anything until a sale goes through.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Jan 2023 12:09

Snowflake Royal He hasn't commanded anything until a sale goes through.

Well he does because that's what we are wanting to sell him at. It's not our fault if the clubs can't afford him and don't meet the clauses to buy him, which Genoa's is reported to be around 3 million euros.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2023 12:13

YorkshireRoyal99

Well he does because that's what we are wanting to sell him at. It's not our fault if the clubs can't afford him and don't meet the clauses to buy him, which Genoa's is reported to be around 3 million euros.

Ok, well by that logic, Ejaria can command a 10 figure fee if we want to set it at that. It's not our fault if no one is willing to pay it. :roll:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Jan 2023 12:17

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Ok, well by that logic, Ejaria can command a 10 figure fee if we want to set it at that. It's not our fault if no one is willing to pay it. :roll:

Well, yes he could be. We could want £10m for him if we wanted to. But we aren't going to do that obviously. Again, I'm not saying he will go for £1m or more, but it all depends on who is willing to go for him. If it's a Championship club, then I'd very much doubt it'll be a seven figure fee. If it's abroad, then maybe.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Jan 2023 13:10

oldebiscuit
Sutekh

My first away game in a long time ,

Shocking! Totally gutlesss performance by the team , but then they only played to the instructions of the manager. So who is to blame?

Not completely - they were told to keep it tight early on and we are caught out messing around at the back in the first 10 minutes

129 posts