MATCHWATCH : Stoke City (a)

129 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Stoke City (a)

by blythspartan » 21 Jan 2023 16:49

Why did I bother going to this one. Absolutely woeful and a disgraceful performance. We’re still doing better overall than I thought we would but we could easily be dragged into another relegation scrap if we play like this too often.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jan 2023 16:50

Worse than Rotherham given how dire Stoke have been recently.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 21 Jan 2023 16:51

Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99 They've had 12 efforts after 53 minutes... no surprise we have the worst away defence in the league.

Reading have let in 26 (incl. today) on the road so have the worst goals conceded record away from home - however both Rotherham and Huddersfield have worse overall records on their travels. What makes this worse is that Stoke have the worst home record in the division bar Wigan.

Just Reading things. A team is on a bad run, and then Reading turn up. We do shit like this every season.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jan 2023 16:52

Ascotexgunner As we slide further down the league...and closer to the wrong end of the league. 1 win in 6 is relegation material.

There are teams in far worse situations than us and are probably worse overall teams than us as well. Cardiff haven't won in 10, Blackpool no wins in 7, Wigan is disarray, Birmingham are set for their 5th consecutive defeat, Bristol City and Stoke and poor sides as well etc.

Not exactly new, concerning territory for us. We've had 4-0 thrashings, we've had sticky spells of form before but recovered. Couple of tough fixtures, but certainly 3 very winnable ones to close out February with and I'd always back us at home as well (against Watford).

Tobin Pinkler

by Tobin Pinkler » 21 Jan 2023 16:53

Mentally weak. No bollocks.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Jan 2023 16:53

We're still somehow 11pts clear of relegation for now, I suppose 10pts considering how god awful our goal difference is, worst case scenario we could be 8pts (7pts) clear if those games in hand go against us.

oxf*rd me that was poor though.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 21 Jan 2023 16:53

Should play the youth side v United to teach this lot to keep their eyes on the bloody ball. :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2023 16:53

Millsy
Snowflake Royal I recognise this little weasel of a ref... he's shit. Blatant foul for us not given, them no yellow for Laurent on a half hour late challenge straight through Fornah.

[Ian mode] I trust a professional ref over an armchair pundit [/Ian mode]

Glad you now decide to admit refs are fallible. Thought you'd lost your marbles last week.

You taken the idiot pills again Millsy?

I never said they weren't fallible. They can make mistakes, they don’t always have a good view or.see.something.

They're still better than anyone else at it though.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 21 Jan 2023 16:55

4 wins in our last 17 league game

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Jan 2023 16:56

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Snowflake Royal I recognise this little weasel of a ref... he's shit. Blatant foul for us not given, them no yellow for Laurent on a half hour late challenge straight through Fornah.

Glad you now decide to admit refs are fallible. Thought you'd lost your marbles last week.

I never said they weren't fallible. They can make mistakes, they don’t always have a good view or.see.something.

Typical Ian, getting personally aggressive when he's been caught with his pants down. :lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Jan 2023 16:57

That was one of the worst displays I've been ever seen

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2023 17:01

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy

Typical Ian, getting personally aggressive when he's been caught with his pants down. :lol:

Responding in kind Millsy.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Jan 2023 17:14

YorkshireRoyal99
Ascotexgunner As we slide further down the league...and closer to the wrong end of the league. 1 win in 6 is relegation material.

There are teams in far worse situations than us and are probably worse overall teams than us as well. Cardiff haven't won in 10, Blackpool no wins in 7, Wigan is disarray, Birmingham are set for their 5th consecutive defeat, Bristol City and Stoke and poor sides as well etc.

Not exactly new, concerning territory for us. We've had 4-0 thrashings, we've had sticky spells of form before but recovered. Couple of tough fixtures, but certainly 3 very winnable ones to close out February with and I'd always back us at home as well (against Watford).

What concerns me is all those shit clubs are more than capable of beating us or grabing points late in the season when fighting for their lives. Our away form is nothing short of pathetic. I just can't see us winning away games at the minute. We are like glass.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2023 17:27

Sounds a dismal performance and again looking a bit for games where we can squeeze out a win

There’s certainly some other teams on awful form which is insulating us from the bottom thankfully

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jan 2023 17:34

Ascotexgunner
YorkshireRoyal99

What concerns me is all those shit clubs are more than capable of beating us or grabing points late in the season when fighting for their lives. Our away form is nothing short of pathetic. I just can't see us winning away games at the minute. We are like glass.

Yeah but we are also more than capable of beating anyone as well, it's just one of those seasons. I genuinely can't see anyone below us significantly improving where they've been for most of the season, let alone still needing half a dozen or so sides to do the same as well.

We've been poor on the road, but strong at home, if we keep that up we will comfortably finish in mid table which is more than acceptable for any fan.

Conservative_dad
Hob Nob Regular

by Conservative_dad » 21 Jan 2023 17:37

Brogue 4 wins in our last 17 league game

:lol:

You got fooking battered today!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jan 2023 17:52

We're 18/1 to go down. Will have a bit of that x

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 21 Jan 2023 17:53

Conservative_dad
Brogue 4 wins in our last 17 league game

:lol:

You got fooking battered today!

Yes

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Jan 2023 17:59

I went to this one and what worries me is PInce seemed to do a better job when he had less options to choose from. I am not sure he knows his best 11 and we made a poor Stoke team look decent today.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Jan 2023 20:01

I’ve not been well last few weeks and couldn’t sleep last “night” until 8am so needless to say didn’t make it to this one. Waste of £25 but tbh looks like a win not going.

129 posts