MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

211 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Feb 2023 08:29

Orion1871
SCIAG
Snowflake Royal If Ince brings Rahman back in, sticks with a back 5 and we get a poor performance and result, I think that's the straw that pushes me into full on Out.

Tbh, probably even if we get an ok or good result.

What's the worst team you think Ince could field using players with more than 1 start this season, in positions they've played here?

.........................Bouzanis
Mbengue, Sarr, Dann, McIntyre, Rahman
.............Loum, Hendrick, Ejaria
........................Meite, Joao

:?:

If it's allowed, I'd put Holmes at right wing back. Guy did a job for us at right back for Paunovic but I wouldn't want to rely on him to provide the width.

NGW at centre back (as he played in the League Cup - he did alright but I don't think the position suits him)

McIntyre into midfield. Specifically he's going to bring back the "defensive attacking midfielder" role that Paunovic gave him, now for a full 90 minutes.

Has Hoilett played up front for us? I have a feeling he might have done when he first got here. Once upon a time he was a goalscorer, but those days are gone.

Joao's in awful form, but so is Long, and I have more faith in Joao producing a "moment of magic" than I do Long.

You have to actually pressure the opposition defence and move in order produce a moment of magic.

On the other hand, Joao in awful form has scored 5 times as many goals as Long in the league.in the same number of appearances and about 100 minutes more.

So he's absolutely a more likely source of goals

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Feb 2023 09:50

Snowflake Royal
Orion1871
SCIAG If it's allowed, I'd put Holmes at right wing back. Guy did a job for us at right back for Paunovic but I wouldn't want to rely on him to provide the width.

NGW at centre back (as he played in the League Cup - he did alright but I don't think the position suits him)

McIntyre into midfield. Specifically he's going to bring back the "defensive attacking midfielder" role that Paunovic gave him, now for a full 90 minutes.

Has Hoilett played up front for us? I have a feeling he might have done when he first got here. Once upon a time he was a goalscorer, but those days are gone.

Joao's in awful form, but so is Long, and I have more faith in Joao producing a "moment of magic" than I do Long.

You have to actually pressure the opposition defence and move in order produce a moment of magic.

On the other hand, Joao in awful form has scored 5 times as many goals as Long in the league.in the same number of appearances and about 100 minutes more.

So he's absolutely a more likely source of goals

Not when his knees aren’t working he isn’t

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 23 Feb 2023 11:02

17,000 sold for Saturday. WTF.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 23 Feb 2023 11:28

Scrappy 1-0 win will do me, not going expect anything comfortable but do not want to hear any excuses if we don’t win.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Feb 2023 11:33

Zammo 17,000 sold for Saturday. WTF.

It’s another schools/grassroots cheap ticket gig

And we keep winning at home

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 23 Feb 2023 11:42

Yes, that's correct.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 23 Feb 2023 12:39

Even one of my coaches who's a staunch Alders**t fan turned round last night and spluttered the words:

"my boys going to Reading on Saturday"

Oh how I laughed

Hound

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 23 Feb 2023 13:33

Hound

Not when we get big gates!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Feb 2023 14:08

The Royal Forester
Hound

We've won both games with the schools/grassroots ticket offer.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Feb 2023 14:10

Orion1871
SCIAG
Snowflake Royal If Ince brings Rahman back in, sticks with a back 5 and we get a poor performance and result, I think that's the straw that pushes me into full on Out.

Tbh, probably even if we get an ok or good result.

What's the worst team you think Ince could field using players with more than 1 start this season, in positions they've played here?

.........................Bouzanis
Mbengue, Sarr, Dann, McIntyre, Rahman
.............Loum, Hendrick, Ejaria
........................Meite, Joao

:?:

If it's allowed, I'd put Holmes at right wing back. Guy did a job for us at right back for Paunovic but I wouldn't want to rely on him to provide the width.

Is that what Dimitar Berbatov did when he was playing?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Feb 2023 15:38

tidus_mi2
The Royal Forester
Hound

Cov and Huddersfield?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Feb 2023 15:41

Hound
tidus_mi2
The Royal Forester Not when we get big gates!

Cov and Huddersfield?

Yep.

3-1 v Huddersfield
1-0 v Cov

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 23 Feb 2023 15:42

tidus_mi2
The Royal Forester
Hound

Burton was one that sprang to my mind and there has been others going back decades. I hadn't hadn't realised that fact about the schools/grassroot games.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Feb 2023 15:43

Would go with:

Lumley

Mbengue
Holmes
Sarr
NGW

McIntyre

Ince
Hendrick
Fornah
Azeez

Carroll

Bouzanis, Dann, Loum, Casedei, Hoilett, Meite, Long

Not too comfortable with Mbengue at RB, but Abrefa seems to be injured/out of favour. Sarr isn’t particularly impressing, thought he was the worst of the three CB’s last week but hope he can pick it up because we’re stuck with him for a while

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Feb 2023 15:44

URZZZZ Would go with:

Lumley

Mbengue
Holmes
Sarr
NGW

McIntyre

Ince
Hendrick
Fornah
Azeez

Carroll

Would probably go with that as well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Feb 2023 16:03

Hendo
URZZZZ Would go with:

Lumley

Mbengue
Holmes
Sarr
NGW

McIntyre

Ince
Hendrick
Fornah
Azeez

Carroll

Would probably go with that as well.

Yeah pretty much. Loum for McIntyre maybe but not much in it

Mbengue hasn’t been all bad at RB. And I’d have Ehibhatiomhan on the bench instead of Meite and actually Abbey instead of Dann but doubt either will happen

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Feb 2023 16:24

URZZZZ Would go with:

Lumley

Mbengue
Holmes
Sarr
NGW

McIntyre

Ince
Hendrick
Fornah
Azeez

Carroll

Not too comfortable with Mbengue at RB, but Abrefa seems to be injured/out of favour. Sarr isn’t particularly impressing, thought he was the worst of the three CB’s last week but hope he can pick it up because we’re stuck with him for a while

I'd possibly swap Holmes with Mbengue, although not sure how much difference it would make in either position. I just think Mbengue looks significantly better at CB as opposed to out wide, but obviously Holmes' strength is also in the middle, but is probably a stronger full back overall than Mbengue.

The rest of the side looks ok, but expecting a 3/5 man defence still with Dann playing if Holmes isn't fit, Hoilett on one side and NGW on the other.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Feb 2023 16:34

Mbengue has come on very well, so would probably be much more positionally aware at RB than he was at RWB earlier in the season.

But for me his pace is absolutely crucial at CB given how sluggish everyone else we have to choose from is.

Would really like to see something from Sarr, but I think Holmes, McIntyre and Mbengue are all better defenders.

Loum must be due a worldy, he's been bollox recently.

I'd find a seniors competition for Dann.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Feb 2023 17:01

Yeah I wouldn't want Dann playing after his last couple of games, I was hoping/expecting that he might turn out to be decent with a few games under his belt (I mean, very optimistic me is saying he might) and a bit more fitness but it doesn't seem like it's turning out that way. Admittedly, the one thing I did see him doing last Friday was a bit of organising around, but is that really enough to warrant a spot?

Loum tends to be a bit all over the place when he's been out of the side for a couple of games, seems to take him a game or two to find his feet again so hopefully some consistent starts will see him get back to a more consistent level. Obviously, when you pick up that many bookings and the odd injury/rotation it will be hard.

Loum is actually someone I'd consider signing if the price was right (so very low/free) just for the sake of some continuity and I think he could improve on this season with another season in this league now he's had experience.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Feb 2023 17:42

YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah I wouldn't want Dann playing after his last couple of games, I was hoping/expecting that he might turn out to be decent with a few games under his belt (I mean, very optimistic me is saying he might) and a bit more fitness but it doesn't seem like it's turning out that way. Admittedly, the one thing I did see him doing last Friday was a bit of organising around, but is that really enough to warrant a spot?

Loum tends to be a bit all over the place when he's been out of the side for a couple of games, seems to take him a game or two to find his feet again so hopefully some consistent starts will see him get back to a more consistent level. Obviously, when you pick up that many bookings and the odd injury/rotation it will be hard.

Loum is actually someone I'd consider signing if the price was right (so very low/free) just for the sake of some continuity and I think he could improve on this season with another season in this league now he's had experience.

Loum is probably the last midfielder I'd bring back next season. And Casadei hasn’t played 90 minutes yet.

211 posts