by Royal_jimmy » 04 Mar 2023 18:05

windermereROYAL We sure do take some dickings up north three 4-0s and now this

We've taken dickings up north for years

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a)

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Mar 2023 18:08

Kitsondinho
Sutekh Post deduction Reading will be 6 points clear of relegation however goal difference is now getting worryingly as bad as those 3 clubs.

Knowing us though, we’ll take unexpected point(s) off Sheff U on Tuesday…

I feel like we need at least a point on Tuesday. Feels unlikely since Sheff United have won at our ground 6 times in a row and we've not beaten them at home in the league since 2007.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Mar 2023 18:15

Royal_jimmy
Kitsondinho
Sutekh Post deduction Reading will be 6 points clear of relegation however goal difference is now getting worryingly as bad as those 3 clubs.

Knowing us though, we’ll take unexpected point(s) off Sheff U on Tuesday…

I feel like we need at least a point on Tuesday. Feels unlikely since Sheff United have won at our ground 6 times in a row and we've not beaten them at home in the league since 2007.

And it`s going to be cold, very low home attendance i reckon, and my seat will be empty

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 04 Mar 2023 18:27

windermereROYAL
Royal_jimmy
Kitsondinho Knowing us though, we’ll take unexpected point(s) off Sheff U on Tuesday…

And it`s going to be cold, very low home attendance i reckon, and my seat will be empty

And the club won’t even have the excuse that the low attendance is down to it being on TV.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Mar 2023 18:32

Brogue I’m going to B&M this afternoon to get some flower pots. I would say ‘dragged’ to B&M, but I think it will be more entertaining than listening today.

8)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Mar 2023 19:09

I resigned myself to painting the spare room whilst listening…two very tedious wastes of time

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 05 Mar 2023 14:49

BFTG post - expected a tough game, that was special sauce. First goal - tough penalty, would want to watch a replay. Second goal - LOL. Third and fourth - folded. Fifth?
Up there with Fulham away a few years ago when Gunter sensed an imaginary striker early doors.
I also liked the moment when Mbengue, who I do like, tried to go shoulder to shoulder with Archer. And bounced off.

Could do a pub post but will rely on highlights - Zetland Hotel solid before game, very few pubs, fair few solid micro-pubs, Baker and Bedford Street the hub of activity. Live music and characters. Green can post up the monster chicken parmesan. Sulfurous smell from dusk to midnight did put the edge off.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Mar 2023 17:28

I can't say I'm massively surprised, I think I said in the Cardiff game that, with the way Middlesbrough play, they could put a few past us. They use width really well and we are so narrow, whether it's 4/5 at the back, that we just invite crosses and we invite teams into areas where the most goals are created from these days, the half spaces down the side of the 6 yard box.

I actually kind of agree with Ince, two decisive moments went against us. I did think the penalty on Yiadom was harsh personally as it was quite close and his arm I wouldn't say was in an unnatural position and I'm still not massively convinced by Long's, but he's the wrong side and it does look like he brings him down so I can certainly see it being given on another day and he's probably right, the picture looks different if those two decisions go our way, although I wouldn't have expected the outcome to be different.

I respect Ince in his post-match press conferences for not hanging the team/players out to dry even though they may deserve it because the capitulation after the second goal was really, really poor. Probably the worst of the season so far. Although I would like to see some more accountability from the performance yesterday rather than just a couple of bad decisions. We need to show a bit more character and stand up for ourselves when things go against us, not just fold in the way we did. Although I accept that Boro are streets ahead of us as well. Tough to take was right and sometimes not hammering the players after a heavy defeat can be a better way of handling it.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Mar 2023 13:20

YorkshireRoyal99 Although I accept that Boro are streets ahead of us as well.

it's amazing what a good managerial appointment can do though. Carrick appointed towards the back end of October and have been on an upward trajectory ever since having been in the relegation zone when Wilder was sacked

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Mar 2023 13:30

3points
YorkshireRoyal99 Although I accept that Boro are streets ahead of us as well.

it's amazing what a good managerial appointment can do though. Carrick appointed towards the back end of October and have been on an upward trajectory ever since having been in the relegation zone when Wilder was sacked

They were massively underachieving though really. Agree to an extent, funny what a good appointment can do, but they will probably finish where you'd expect them to at the start of the season, in the top 6.

West Brom you would have said similar with, but the wheels have come off with them recently and I don't think they will finish in the top 6 now. Whatever implications that will have for them long-term, we will have to see.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Mar 2023 21:41

stealthpapes BFTG post - expected a tough game, that was special sauce. First goal - tough penalty, would want to watch a replay. Second goal - LOL. Third and fourth - folded. Fifth?
Up there with Fulham away a few years ago when Gunter sensed an imaginary striker early doors.
I also liked the moment when Mbengue, who I do like, tried to go shoulder to shoulder with Archer. And bounced off.

Could do a pub post but will rely on highlights - Zetland Hotel solid before game, very few pubs, fair few solid micro-pubs, Baker and Bedford Street the hub of activity. Live music and characters. Green can post up the monster chicken parmesan. Sulfurous smell from dusk to midnight did put the edge off.

Chicken Parmo:

That sulfurous smell is still with me :?

151 posts