Another 6 point, points deduction incoming

308 posts
Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Another 6 point, points deduction incoming

by Mid Sussex Royal » 11 Mar 2023 18:43

Sutekh At the end of the day losing 2 in a row and seeing the bottom three all win 2 in a row is effectively the same as having a 6 point deduction, at least this way the form of the bottom three remains cr@p.

Was there any update after the game? Did the local press even ask?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 11 Mar 2023 19:13

Mid Sussex Royal
Sutekh At the end of the day losing 2 in a row and seeing the bottom three all win 2 in a row is effectively the same as having a 6 point deduction, at least this way the form of the bottom three remains cr@p.

Was there any update after the game? Did the local press even ask?

Tim Dellor said he spoke to someone "in the club" and was told the club will be getting a points deduction before the international break. There was an EFL meeting yesterday and another one on Monday, so it seems like it could even be next week.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Mar 2023 19:54

Put on Rival watch but Huddersfield could hit administration this week and Wigan should lose 3pts.

So taking a 6pt hit now, is about a good a time as you could ask for.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Mar 2023 21:11

Stranded Put on Rival watch but Huddersfield could hit administration this week and Wigan should lose 3pts.

From what I just read, they went into administration an hour ago.
With Wigan failing to pay players salaries as well, hopefully the EFL will act a damn site quicker than they have with us.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Mar 2023 00:54

Ascotexgunner
Stranded Put on Rival watch but Huddersfield could hit administration this week and Wigan should lose 3pts.

With Wigan failing to pay players salaries as well, hopefully the EFL will act a damn site quicker than they have with us.

Aren’t the point deductions for admin applied pretty much as soon as a club announces they have applied for/entered admin?

Would imagine the deduction for Wigan will be announced/confirmed at the same time as that for Reading.

Just Blackpool to go then by the sound of it….

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Mar 2023 08:40

Ascotexgunner

Well I`ve done a search and can`t find anything, you sure?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 12 Mar 2023 10:12

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner

It seems if they don't go into administration before Thursday, it's applied next season, not this one.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Mar 2023 10:29

tmesis
windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner

It seems if they don't go into administration before Thursday, it's applied next season, not this one.

Covered on the “Rivals” thread but in essence if it happens on or before Thursday 23rd March but their relegation has not been mathematically confirmed Huddersfield would receive the 12 point penalty this season. If it’s after that date then it’s deducted next season. At this moment in time it’s not definite all just a mooted possibility as the club are apparently in the process of being bought (so all might be some weird negotiating statement or something).

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Mar 2023 16:05

Noticed on alot of clubs forums they are upping the ante, calling for blood and want the book thrown at us - along with anyone else if it means survival for them.

This is one of many typical posts on Huddersfield forum.

I'm not happy with myself in hoping Reading and Wigan get points deducted tbh, because it's mainly the fans who suffer and they've done no wrong. The owners and directors of clubs have to take more responsibility for their actions and I'd rather see hefty personal fines imposed rather than points deductions. Punish the guilty not the innocent.

Nevertheless, as a Town fan and recognising that Readings and Wigans misdeeds have given them an unfair advantage over us (as we've cut to the bone to keep solvent) then we're also a victim, as is every other Championship club. We've lost to Wigan twice and Reading once so far...no points gained while they cheated....It's unfair.

So, now wearing my 'stuff-em' hat...get them both docked 12 points ...cheats !

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Mar 2023 16:09

paultheroyal Noticed on alot of clubs forums they are upping the ante, calling for blood and want the book thrown at us - along with anyone else if it means survival for them.

I'm not happy with myself in hoping Reading and Wigan get points deducted tbh, because it's mainly the fans who suffer and they've done no wrong. The owners and directors of clubs have to take more responsibility for their actions and I'd rather see hefty personal fines imposed rather than points deductions. Punish the guilty not the innocent.

Nevertheless, as a Town fan and recognising that Readings and Wigans misdeeds have given them an unfair advantage over us (as we've cut to the bone to keep solvent) then we're also a victim, as is every other Championship club. We've lost to Wigan twice and Reading once so far...no points gained while they cheated....It's unfair.

Would that be the same Huddersfield who are supposedly about to go into administration?

Pot, kettle, black...........

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Mar 2023 16:12

Mr Angry
paultheroyal Noticed on alot of clubs forums they are upping the ante, calling for blood and want the book thrown at us - along with anyone else if it means survival for them.

Would that be the same Huddersfield who are supposedly about to go into administration?

Pot, kettle, black...........

Any gains from our cheating are long gone really. Joao and Ejaria the last of it and they’ve done f all this seaosn

On balance with also having to ‘cut to the bone’ it’s a push to say we have an advantage over anyone really. Much the opposite tbh

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Mar 2023 16:15

the amount of comments across all sites, frothing at the mouth that we are getting 12, but we might be let off because we are a southern club!!! :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Mar 2023 16:15

There's also surely no way the FL, who govern their competition and the teams who sign up to their rules, can levy any sort of personal fine on any owner or director which is in anywya enforceable and not just a fine on the club who's finances are already oxf*rd.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Mar 2023 17:19

Our 'cheating' gained an advantage over teams that we competed with maybe last season, definitely 2/3 seasons before that but this season? This is the least 'cheating' team we have managed to put together, if we get a deduction it will be a delayed, reactive punishment from our past misdeeds when we are least equipped to deal with the punishment.

Huddersfield aren't in the shit because we cheated, they're in the shit because they're shit.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 20 Mar 2023 17:33

I am beginning to wonder if the delay is because the FL do want to impose say a 12 point penalty - which clearly the club cannot "agree to" as it would mean almost certain relegation. I suppose only time will tell but hopefully all will become clear by the end of this week.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Mar 2023 17:37

andrew1957 I am beginning to wonder if the delay is because the FL do want to impose say a 12 point penalty - which clearly the club cannot "agree to" as it would mean almost certain relegation. I suppose only time will tell but hopefully all will become clear by the end of this week.

The FL can't just impose a 12 point penalty. There will be an investigatory process they have to go through.

Applying a suspended penalty is relatively easy, as seen with Wigan, and by the announcement further action is being taken separate to that for the new offence for them.

The deal would be similar for us if we're getting more than 6. Announce the 6, further investigation of further non-compliance to decide on anything additional.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 20 Mar 2023 17:50

He's getting two things confused here. They've had to cut to the bone as they have an owner with no money and couldn't afford a Toblerone. We, on the other hand, have almost too much money which has led to financial overspending in breach of rules and guidelines. They are actually two very different issues - but both are problematic.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Mar 2023 17:59

tidus_mi2 Our 'cheating' gained an advantage over teams that we competed with maybe last season, definitely 2/3 seasons before that but this season? This is the least 'cheating' team we have managed to put together, if we get a deduction it will be a delayed, reactive punishment from our past misdeeds when we are least equipped to deal with the punishment.

Huddersfield aren't in the shit because we cheated, they're in the shit because they're shit.

We don't know the figures - but there's a chance that we are still exceeding the £13m a year average target for losses. In which case we are still 'cheating'.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 20 Mar 2023 18:04

No relegation odds available at all on Sky now...

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 20 Mar 2023 18:05

Mid Sussex Royal No relegation odds available at all on Sky now...

But they are on the EFL’s website :wink:

308 posts