Another 6 point, points deduction incoming

308 posts
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Another 6 point, points deduction incoming

by Brogue » 01 Mar 2023 12:49

Ffs

Reading FC currently sit 14th in the Championship table but could be plunged into the relegation mix amid reports the Royals could face a fresh six point deduction

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... t-26360730

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Another 6 point, points deduction incoming

by Nameless » 01 Mar 2023 12:50

Already in the correct place - R&G

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Mar 2023 12:53

Nameless Already in the correct place - R&G

Ok I hadn’t seen that. But we have no mods to move when confirmed. the team section is where the most traffic is. So here we are.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Mar 2023 13:11

Brogue

Ok I hadn’t seen that. But we have no mods to move when confirmed. the team section is where the most traffic is. So here we are.

Thanks Brogue yes it's in R&G where it belongs but in a way you're right, certainly caught my attention being here.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 Mar 2023 13:18

Millsy
Brogue

Thanks Brogue yes it's in R&G where it belongs but in a way you're right, certainly caught my attention being here.

It’s no longer a rumour or gossip. What now?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Mar 2023 14:12

Brogue
Millsy
Brogue

I've not been keeping up, thought it still was, sorry. I suspect they're "confimred" it and move it here? Don't know.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Mar 2023 14:40

Millsy
Brogue
Millsy

I've not been keeping up, thought it still was, sorry. I suspect they're "confimred" it and move it here? Don't know.

The facts currently, as stated by Paul Ince, surrounding a deduction are that he and club are expecting a points deduction to be confirmed at some point next week for some more naughtiness that occurred BEFORE all this cr@p started last year. It is expected to be a 6 point deduction but think this figure has just been latched onto because that’s the amount suspended failing to comply with the FL’s agreed business plan. As the naughtiness comes from a year or two ago however, and is therefore before the plan was drawn up, it might actually turn out to be a points deduction of greater or lesser value than the amount currently suggested. As ever the FL seem to drag these stupid things out for maximum irritation to everyone rather than just applying a penalty as soon as things are revealed.

When the penalty does happen, I hope the FL and/or club also explain what the additional naughtiness was so we can all point wildly at someone and pontificate further.
Last edited by Sutekh on 03 Mar 2023 14:43, edited 2 times in total.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Mar 2023 14:42

Sutekh
Millsy
Brogue

The facts currently, as stated by Paul Ince, surrounding a deduction are that he and club are expecting a points deduction to be confirmed at some point next week for some more naughtiness that occurred BEFORE all this cr@p started last year. It is expected to be a 6 point deduction but think this figure has just been latched onto because that’s the amount suspended failing to comply with the FLs agreed business plan. As the naughtiness comes from a year or two ago however it might actually turn out to be a points deduction of greater or lesser value than the amount currently suggested. As ever the FL seem to drag these stupid things out for maximum irritation to everyone rather than just applying a penalty as soon as things are revealed.

When the penalty does happen, I hope the FL and/or also explain what the additional naughtiness was.

And also what we might have done to avoid it since the first penalty was imposed, if it actually is the "suspended" penalty being imposed.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 03 Mar 2023 16:22

Brogue

Don't listen to the back seat mods - you did the right thing Brogue.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Mar 2023 19:24

Sutekh
Millsy
Brogue

The facts currently, as stated by Paul Ince, surrounding a deduction are that he and club are expecting a points deduction to be confirmed at some point next week for some more naughtiness that occurred BEFORE all this cr@p started last year. It is expected to be a 6 point deduction but think this figure has just been latched onto because that’s the amount suspended failing to comply with the FL’s agreed business plan. As the naughtiness comes from a year or two ago however, and is therefore before the plan was drawn up, it might actually turn out to be a points deduction of greater or lesser value than the amount currently suggested. As ever the FL seem to drag these stupid things out for maximum irritation to everyone rather than just applying a penalty as soon as things are revealed.

When the penalty does happen, I hope the FL and/or club also explain what the additional naughtiness was so we can all point wildly at someone and pontificate further.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. To be applied this season I hope?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Mar 2023 20:44

As things stand we would then be seven points from the drop zone with 13 to play

We should still be ok but would be a huge concern…again

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2023 21:41

Dirk Gently
Sutekh
Millsy

The facts currently, as stated by Paul Ince, surrounding a deduction are that he and club are expecting a points deduction to be confirmed at some point next week for some more naughtiness that occurred BEFORE all this cr@p started last year. It is expected to be a 6 point deduction but think this figure has just been latched onto because that’s the amount suspended failing to comply with the FLs agreed business plan. As the naughtiness comes from a year or two ago however it might actually turn out to be a points deduction of greater or lesser value than the amount currently suggested. As ever the FL seem to drag these stupid things out for maximum irritation to everyone rather than just applying a penalty as soon as things are revealed.

When the penalty does happen, I hope the FL and/or also explain what the additional naughtiness was.

And also what we might have done to avoid it since the first penalty was imposed, if it actually is the "suspended" penalty being imposed.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to guess at spending less on new players / staff.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 04 Mar 2023 13:03

Snowflake Royal
Dirk Gently
Sutekh

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to guess at spending less on new players / staff.

You have to manufacture an argument at every possible opportunity, don't you..?

All the talk, and the previous context, is that this is "historic" - for financial irregularities *before* the first penalty was imposed. If so, just how do we undo the offences that had already happened? Why have a "suspended" sentence if it was always going to be imposed?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Mar 2023 14:26

Dirk Gently
Snowflake Royal
Dirk Gently

You have to manufacture an argument at every possible opportunity, don't you..?

All the talk, and the previous context, is that this is "historic" - for financial irregularities *before* the first penalty was imposed. If so, just how do we undo the offences that had already happened? Why have a "suspended" sentence if it was always going to be imposed?

Because the penalty was imposed during last season, in November 21. And the full accounts, rather than provisional and forecast accounts for the season are not finalised and published 'til about now.

So events during that season between November 21 and July 22 can be both "historic" and after the penalty was imposed. Which includes at least one transfer window.

Simple.

Maybe try getting a wee bit less offended the second anyone challenges something you say.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 04 Mar 2023 15:44

Who's offended?

Just aware that every time you post you have the option of either posting something that either:

a) makes you look a decent bloke adding constructive comments; or
b) makes you look like a smug dick

and surprised (well, not really) but disappointed that you always seem to select option b).

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 04 Mar 2023 16:07

Now now you two, play nicely.

I don't think we're going to get the deduction. They don't tend to hand them out so easily, and we've been working with them through this whole process. It's not like we've been keeping secrets or anything.

We have already been punished once, deservedly so, but there are other teams in a worse position than us. I just can't see them doing that to Reading, without doing it to a bunch of other clubs.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Mar 2023 16:12

Might as well be a 7 point deduction with the fantastic goal difference.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 Mar 2023 09:53

On the plus side, 6 points last season and 6 points this season is better than 12 points and relegation last season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Mar 2023 10:05

Can someoen explain what is actually happening please. Are we gettign this deduction or not? If so will it be applied this season or next?

My paranoia is the EFL waiting to see whether it will send us down this season or not. If not, they'll apply it next season. I'd rather just know what it is and have it applied straight away then what will be will be.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Mar 2023 10:12

I think the worst situation that could happen is that we are given a points deduction and have other restrictions extended - the business plan and transfer embargo....

What is the longest time a club has been under a transfer embargo?

308 posts