Another 6 point, points deduction incoming

308 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Another 6 point, points deduction incoming

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Mar 2023 18:33

Hound Think for the sake of general fairness you can’t leave it too late. Even with just 8 games left that’s pushing it imo

Yeah, needs some action, I just don’t think that cut off applies

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 23 Mar 2023 18:38

Mr Angry There is no way the Authorities would retrospectively apply a points deduction after the end of a season; thats a massive lae suit waiting to happen!

Didn't that happen and the club (was it Wigan?) got relegated. I cannot remember when it was, or the offence, but it was only in the last season or two.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 23 Mar 2023 18:45

Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 Well the possible deadline of 5pm on the 4th Thursday of March has been and gone, so either we're in the clear for this season or that rule never applied to our situation.

So doesn't really answer anything yet.

Personally, I wouldn't say the date applies to us, as we're talking about a suspended deduction and historic issues.

The date was to stop clubs timing things like adminstration to their advantage. Doesn't apply to us.

Whether that's how the FL rules work, don't know.

The strange thing is even P.Ince kept going on about the Thursday deadline, so either he's been misinformed or the club have no idea what's happening lol :D

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 23 Mar 2023 19:03

Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 Well the possible deadline of 5pm on the 4th Thursday of March has been and gone, so either we're in the clear for this season or that rule never applied to our situation.

Personally, I wouldn't say the date applies to us, as we're talking about a suspended deduction and historic issues.

The date was to stop clubs timing things like adminstration to their advantage. Doesn't apply to us.

The strange thing is even P.Ince kept going on about the Thursday deadline, so either he's been misinformed or the club have no idea what's happening lol :D

It'll be the latter, and it also applies to the EFL.

Webster750

by Webster750 » 23 Mar 2023 19:12

The bigger concern is exactly how long Dai will put up with this sh*t (regardless of whether his actions have led to it).

He's entrusted numerous individuals to whom I'd imagine sold him the dream of Premier League football, from agents to managers, CEOs to DoFs, etc, and all he has to show for it is a football club he has very little genuine connection to constantly flirting with the opposite end of the football pyramid.

Points deduction and subsequent relegation or not, you'd have to be mental (or incredibly stubborn) to keep on throwing your money at this absolute circus.

I can't see any reasonable individual lasting more than say another 2-3 seasons, and am shocked he hasn't pulled the plug already.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Mar 2023 19:43

Webster750 The bigger concern is exactly how long Dai will put up with this sh*t (regardless of whether his actions have led to it).

He's entrusted numerous individuals to whom I'd imagine sold him the dream of Premier League football, from agents to managers, CEOs to DoFs, etc, and all he has to show for it is a football club he has very little genuine connection to constantly flirting with the opposite end of the football pyramid.

Points deduction and subsequent relegation or not, you'd have to be mental (or incredibly stubborn) to keep on throwing your money at this absolute circus.

I can't see any reasonable individual lasting more than say another 2-3 seasons, and am shocked he hasn't pulled the plug already.

Agree but surely as the top man he can’t be completely blind to how the club is run with all this a huge surprise to him

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 23 Mar 2023 19:44

Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal

Yes he did, which is interesting, so maybe this a new offence rather than anything to do with the business plan which Ince also said had been fully adhered to.

My understanding is we are past the deadline for new offences but the suspended offence could still be applied this season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Mar 2023 19:50

Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal

PInce has nothing to do with the finances or background running of the club, so never paid any heed to what he was saying about it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Mar 2023 19:52

SouthDownsRoyal
Webster750 The bigger concern is exactly how long Dai will put up with this sh*t (regardless of whether his actions have led to it).

Agree but surely as the top man he can’t be completely blind to how the club is run with all this a huge surprise to him

He's a useless prick. And the only way he gets any money back is selling us. He can only walk away if he finds a buyer or the club folds entirely.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Mar 2023 19:56

Snowflake Royal
Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal Personally, I wouldn't say the date applies to us, as we're talking about a suspended deduction and historic issues.

PInce has nothing to do with the finances or background running of the club, so never paid any heed to what he was saying about it.

Not sure I’d take much heed on anything he says on anything

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 23 Mar 2023 19:59

Mid Sussex Royal
Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal Personally, I wouldn't say the date applies to us, as we're talking about a suspended deduction and historic issues.

Yes he did, which is interesting, so maybe this a new offence rather than anything to do with the business plan which Ince also said had been fully adhered to.

My understanding is we are past the deadline for new offences but the suspended offence could still be applied this season.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but its looking like we've pissed off the EFL by somehow dodging relegation against all the odds and now they're doing their best to "Royally" screw us again pardon the pun!!
We have 8 games remaining and you would like to think they need to tell us sooner rather than later for fear of giving Dai's lawyers ammunition to somehow try and wiggle our way out of this. What a mess....especially as this was leaked nearly a month ago :cry: :cry:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Mar 2023 20:13

SouthDownsRoyal
Snowflake Royal
Crowbar6753

Nope he was just ranting tbh.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Mar 2023 20:16

Hound
SouthDownsRoyal
Snowflake Royal PInce has nothing to do with the finances or background running of the club, so never paid any heed to what he was saying about it.

Did he blame a random referee for our poor handling of finances?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Mar 2023 20:21

Had he been ‘tipped off’ by somebody within the club who deals in our finances and/or our everyday running?

Be they right or wrong

In this case at least, the Pince ‘blame thing’ joke is wearing thin

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Mar 2023 20:49

SouthDownsRoyal
Hound
SouthDownsRoyal

Did he blame a random referee for our poor handling of finances?

He doesn’t know. He wasn’t here.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Mar 2023 23:30

The Royal Forester
Mr Angry There is no way the Authorities would retrospectively apply a points deduction after the end of a season; thats a massive lae suit waiting to happen!

Didn't that happen and the club (was it Wigan?) got relegated. I cannot remember when it was, or the offence, but it was only in the last season or two.

Wigan were sold in June 2020 but their new owners refused to invest money which caused the club to enter administration at the beginning of July 2020. The FL then stated the resulting 12 point deduction would be applied at the end of the 2019–20 season if the club finished outside the bottom three after 46 games. Wigan appealed the deduction after beating Hull 8-0, which guaranteed safety, but were finally relegated after then end of the season when the appeal was rejected and the points deducted.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Mar 2023 23:30

The Royal Forester

Wigan were sold in June 2020 but their new owners refused to invest money which caused the club to enter administration at the beginning of July 2020. The FL then stated the resulting 12 point deduction would be applied at the end of the 2019–20 season if the club finished outside the bottom three after 46 games. Wigan appealed the deduction after beating Hull 8-0, which guaranteed safety, but were finally relegated after the end of the season when the appeal was rejected and the points deducted.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Mar 2023 08:48

Sutekh
The Royal Forester

Wigan were sold in June 2020 but their new owners refused to invest money which caused the club to enter administration at the beginning of July 2020. The FL then stated the resulting 12 point deduction would be applied at the end of the 2019–20 season if the club finished outside the bottom three after 46 games. Wigan appealed the deduction after beating Hull 8-0, which guaranteed safety, but were finally relegated after the end of the season when the appeal was rejected and the points deducted.

Was it not the case where, if they stayed up by 13+ points, that the deduction would be applied the season after? Or was that just media nonsense? Assuming the latter to be honest as I can't see how that's fair.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Mar 2023 08:52

YorkshireRoyal99
Sutekh
The Royal Forester Didn't that happen and the club (was it Wigan?) got relegated. I cannot remember when it was, or the offence, but it was only in the last season or two.

Was it not the case where, if they stayed up by 13+ points, that the deduction would be applied the season after? Or was that just media nonsense? Assuming the latter to be honest as I can't see how that's fair.

Think it's the other way round, if they'd been relegated without it it would have been the next season as applying that season would make no difference.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Mar 2023 08:56

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Sutekh

Think it's the other way round, if they'd been relegated without it it would have been the next season as applying that season would make no difference.

Yeah that sounds right actually, thanks. Knew it was something daft like that.

308 posts