MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Mar 2023 12:07

The Real Sandhurst Royal
windermereROYAL Only Wigan have conceded more than us, so much for tightening up the defence, granted we let in 87 last season, but it looks likely we will be pushing 70 this time around.

McIntyre, Holmes, Yiadom and Sarr are all contracted for next seasons campaign whatever division we are in unless the club can move them on.

Tbf, that's a pretty great 3/4s of a back four with a strong sub for League One. Decent straight up back four for that level.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 12 Mar 2023 15:51

The match "highlights" on the club's YouTube channel are hilarious; in the first half apart from the lead up to the penalty and the penalty itself, they showed a cross in from Millwall that their #9 headed weakly wide of the goal............2nd half, a couple of Ince efforts and a Millwall shot that went wide.

Was it really that crap a game???????? :shock:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 Mar 2023 16:04

Mr Angry The match "highlights" on the club's YouTube channel are hilarious; in the first half apart from the lead up to the penalty and the penalty itself, they showed a cross in from Millwall that their #9 headed weakly wide of the goal............2nd half, a couple of Ince efforts and a Millwall shot that went wide.

Seems like it. Probably where Ince's comments have some sort of substance. Neither team performed especially well (which is where I disagree with Ince who thought we played well, we were just matched by another team who were below average on the day), it was a gritty game but it was going to be a mistake that cost either side, just turns out it was our sloppy mistake in the end.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2023 20:43

blythspartan Well that was utter garbage and tbh I can’t be bothered to go to anymore games. Based on that performance we’d struggle in Leagues 1 and 2. Also, it looks like the looming points deduction has dampened the players morale.

I

Far more likely that Ince's constant criticism & belittling of their abilities, together with his failure to ever accept any responsibility for his own failings, have done that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Mar 2023 20:47

We are staying up

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Mar 2023 21:39

The way we're playing, I can only see us potentially picking up wins against Hull, Birmingham and Wigan.

Which as it happens will probably be enough, even with a deduction.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Mar 2023 11:28

Thought Moore was pretty decent on Saturday.

If fit, I'd probably start him for the rest of the season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2023 11:30

Hendo Thought Moore was pretty decent on Saturday.

I’d also start Ejaria if fit. Ian’s meltdowns will be more entertaining than anything served up on the pitch atm

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Mar 2023 11:32

Hound

I’d also start Ejaria if fit. Ian’s meltdowns will be more entertaining than anything served up on the pitch atm

:D :D

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Mar 2023 12:16

Mr Angry The match "highlights" on the club's YouTube channel are hilarious; in the first half apart from the lead up to the penalty and the penalty itself, they showed a cross in from Millwall that their #9 headed weakly wide of the goal............2nd half, a couple of Ince efforts and a Millwall shot that went wide.

Just watched Sky highlights. I guess the same as on the club YouTube?

Either way, although I am used to feeling resentment after wasting my time watching a full game, this is the first time I've felt the same after highlights of a game! Truly awful. And worst of all just dull

Sky's description of the programme needs reviewing too. Reading "entertain" Millwall at the SLCS.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2023 12:18

Hendo
Hound

Sorry chaps, I'd just switch off in disgust.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2023 12:56

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Hound

Sorry chaps, I'd just switch off in disgust.

Yep already that’s quite funny