by Sutekh » 13 Mar 2023 15:48

Not a chance in hell but….

Lumley
Holmes Moore Mbengue
Abrefa Hendrick Fornah NGW
Azeez Joao Ince

Subs
Bouzanis, Ejaria, Loum, Long, Carroll, Casadei, Sarr

Might as well go down trying to get a shot on target rather than deliberately setting up the expected turd bonanza.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a)

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2023 16:42

Orion1871
Hendo We're all for it, etc...

But seriously I do think that is a bit of an odd stance to take. He was clearly our best CB on Saturday.

Why is it again that you hate him so much? Would you not cheer if he scores a last minute winner v Blackburn?

I just can't get over people booing our own players, especially when none of us really know what has or hasn't happened.

I find it strange how people who constantly criticise the owner for his running of the club believe his account of Liam, seemingly without question.

I find it strange people who are seemingly smart think people who have openly and repeatedly criticised the club about the way it was handled think they do.

And when those same people criticise the criticism of Moore while slating a different player in exactly the same way.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2023 16:48

YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah I still don't understand how people criticise Moore for the owner giving him a lucrative deal. We either had the choice to give him his demands (we did), or sell him to Brighton. We didn't have to give him the deal, we could have sold for £10m (ish) and moved forward from there.

But at the moment I'd have him, Holmes and Mbengue as our 3 CB's, to me they have the best balance out of all the defenders we could have, although understand why Sarr's height might be an asset depending on who we play.

As people have said, he's leaving in June unless he earns himself a contract here on far more reasonable terms. If not, he moves on. Got no issues with him, I still don't understand why the club painted him in such bad light just for wanting to progress his career, big deal.

It's not a hard concept, even if you don’t agree with it. Which is fine.

The problem you seem to have is thinking only one party can be at fault, when it's possible for multiple partues to be simultaneously at fault.

Moore put pressure on the club for an improved deal and what he got will have been what would keep him happy and not agitating or downing tools. The fact it was idiotic to agree doesn’t mean, in my opinion that he wasn't part of the problem. It takes two to sign a contract, and I don’t respect any player that thinks its ok to sign a contract that sees them paid at least double the majority of their teammates when they aren't much, if at all better.

Add that to the fact he's got worse and worse from when he's joined.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Mar 2023 21:16

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah I still don't understand how people criticise Moore for the owner giving him a lucrative deal. We either had the choice to give him his demands (we did), or sell him to Brighton. We didn't have to give him the deal, we could have sold for £10m (ish) and moved forward from there.

But at the moment I'd have him, Holmes and Mbengue as our 3 CB's, to me they have the best balance out of all the defenders we could have, although understand why Sarr's height might be an asset depending on who we play.

As people have said, he's leaving in June unless he earns himself a contract here on far more reasonable terms. If not, he moves on. Got no issues with him, I still don't understand why the club painted him in such bad light just for wanting to progress his career, big deal.

The problem you seem to have is thinking only one party can be at fault, when it's possible for multiple partues to be simultaneously at fault.

Moore put pressure on the club for an improved deal and what he got will have been what would keep him happy and not agitating or downing tools. The fact it was idiotic to agree doesn’t mean, in my opinion that he wasn't part of the problem. It takes two to sign a contract, and I don’t respect any player that thinks its ok to sign a contract that sees them paid at least double the majority of their teammates when they aren't much, if at all better.

The one party at fault was the owners, no real other way of looking at it. The player wanted what he was worth at the time, which in fairness he probably was because he had a fantastic season previously and wanted PL wages. He hasn't justified that since which is his fault, but we are looking at it at a moment in time, not what has happened since because that's not really relevant to the offer at the time.

If the club succumbed to player pressure, then just sell him, we had that option as well. Not like now where we've been trying to offload.

At the end of the day, players work for themselves and he was one of very few players even after that season that was ever linked with a PL move, Williams got one as his contract was up. So I'd probably think he was within his right to ask for a PL contract when he was commanding PL interest.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Mar 2023 09:54

If we can score, even a consolation goal, that would be progress.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2023 10:20

Mr Angry If we can have a shot on target, even a mis-hit cross, that would be progress.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 14 Mar 2023 11:25

Snowflake Royal

How much of a pay cut are you willing to take for parity with your work colleagues?

If your employer offered you twice as much for doing the same job, would you turn it down?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2023 12:05

Uke
Snowflake Royal

How much of a pay cut are you willing to take for parity with your work colleagues?

If your employer offered you twice as much for doing the same job, would you turn it down?

A fair bit
Yes, if they weren't offering the same to my peers. Actually, yes regardless. I'm paid ok. There's no way anyone should earn double for what I do. There's not many, imo, who should earn double what I do fullstop.

But then no employer is going to massively increase my salary without me at least asking them to.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 14 Mar 2023 12:27

Snowflake Royal
Uke
Snowflake Royal It's not a hard concept, even if you don’t agree with it. Which is fine.

A fair bit
Yes, if they weren't offering the same to my peers. Actually, yes regardless. I'm paid ok. There's no way anyone should earn double for what I do. There's not many, imo, who should earn double what I do fullstop.

But then no employer is going to massively increase my salary without me at least asking them to.

And in the real world?

You do know why employers don’t like staff discussing salaries?

Not all companies have rigid pay structures

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2023 12:40

Uke
Snowflake Royal
Uke

A fair bit

And in the real world?

Yes. In the real world. Truth and fact are not dependent on your belief.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2023 12:40

Stranded
Mr Angry If we can cross the half way line in possession of the ball, that would be progress.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2023 12:45

Tbf we are improving.

Before Sheff U we averaged conceding 1.55 goals a game. Now we've conceded fewer than that two games in a row and it's 1.53 per game.

:?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Mar 2023 13:00

Stranded
Mr Angry If we can a throw in that would be progress.

Cuppliance

by Cuppliance » 15 Mar 2023 13:00

I am primarily a Blackburn fan (I do have a major soft spot for Reading so I come on here to keep up with the goings on). Let me tell you, this is the perfect game for Rovers to lose.

Against a team that is out of form
Former manager
A striker that always scores against us (Lucas Joau)
Against a team with no away wins so far this season
Against a team with no goal in a long time
Midweek game
Tickets are £10 and its just too much of a good opportunity to take to get a win in front of a bigger than normal crowd.

Call me cynical but I've seen it too many times as a Rovers fan and I'm predicting a Reading win.
I'm not a betting man but I'm willing to put a bet on that tonight.

Obviously I want to be really wrong but that's what my head is saying.

Either way, I hope everyone enjoys the game tonight.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Mar 2023 13:02

Cuppliance I am primarily a Blackburn fan (I do have a major soft spot for Reading so I come on here to keep up with the goings on). Let me tell you, this is the perfect game for Rovers to lose.

Former manager
Midweek game
Tickets are £10 and its just too much of a good opportunity to take to get a win in front of a bigger than normal crowd.

Call me cynical but I've seen it too many times as a Rovers fan and I'm predicting a Reading win.

3 away wins but basically the same thing.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 15 Mar 2023 13:34

Cuppliance I am primarily a Blackburn fan (I do have a major soft spot for Reading so I come on here to keep up with the goings on). Let me tell you, this is the perfect game for Rovers to lose.

Former manager
Midweek game

I always hate games where you're the resounding favourites because it always feels like a massive banana skin, especially at this stage of the season.

Looking at Rovers' results and performances, it's one of those games where I feel like we could get something because you don't know which Blackburn will turn up. Looking inhouse though would give me very little optimism on the flip side. It's just one game though, we only have to be better on the night.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Mar 2023 14:15

Snowflake Royal
Uke
Snowflake Royal A fair bit

And in the real world?

Yes. In the real world. Truth and fact are not dependent on your belief.

jesus :shock:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Mar 2023 16:18

SouthDownsRoyal
Stranded
Mr Angry If we can get the ball in the opponents penalty area at the same time as a Reading player that would be progress.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Mar 2023 18:45

4 changes- Carroll missing altogether

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Mar 2023 18:55

Tonight’s teams

246 posts