Do you want ince to go before the end of the season?

Do you want ince gone before the end of the season

Yes
51%
No
49%

Total votes: 47
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Do you want ince to go before the end of the season?

by Hound » 20 Mar 2023 16:08

Vision
Hound
YorkshireRoyal99
Not really because you're just forming an opinion. You might say that, I might say differently, that's why this exists.

The point wasn't to do with who was/wasn't in charge, it was actually the opposite. It wouldn't have mattered who it was, be it Pauno, Ince or whoever else, we would have stayed up because we were better than 3 teams.

Not sure Pauno can get much credit for that peterboro effort. We were absolutely absymal and should have lost to a team who hadn’t won for 20 games or something like that

We got a battling 0-0 draw in appalling conditions against relegation rivals in what was a must win game for them really. It's exactly the type of performance/result/attitude that you need to avoid relegation and which I wasn't sure we had in us under Pauno to be honest. It stopped the run of defeats and was the main factor (imo) in going away to Preston (who'd only lost once in their previous 11) , scoring 3 and hanging on to the win there.

Add in the fact we had Joao , who we know Pauno can get a tune out of, and to a lesser degree Meite (who Ince seemed to have an issue with early on ) returning to match fitness and I don't think it's that much of a stretch to suggest we might just have had enough to stay up.

We'll never know of course and ultimately even if he'd have lasted the season there wasn't any future for Pauno here.

We didn’t battle hard in that one at all. We were desperately passive and if peterboro could have finished would have lost comfortably. They had 9 shots on target and dominated the game. It was a poor performance against a poor side

Actually had a half decent side on paper then - certainly looks stronger than what we had our at the weekend

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Mar 2023 16:10

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
We drew with Peterborough and beat Preston in his last 2 games and I don't really give too much credit to Ince for our win at Birmingham, simply because he didn't have too much time to work with them. That was 7 points from 9 with an underperforming manager and then a manager with little chance to influence the side, which is kind of my point.

We'd have stayed up because we had better quality on the field than Peterborough and Barnsley and Derby were crippled by their points deduction, regardless of who was in charge.

Well I say our results improved because everyone knew Paunovic was going / were relieved he went.

Piss easy to make stuff up isn't it.

Not really because you're just forming an opinion. You might say that, I might say differently, that's why this exists.

The point wasn't to do with who was/wasn't in charge, it was actually the opposite. It wouldn't have mattered who it was, be it Pauno, Ince or whoever else, we would have stayed up because we were better than 3 teams.

That's no less an opinion! :lol:

There being.three worse teams.is entirely dependent on us getting the results we got, under a different manager.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Mar 2023 16:18

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Well I say our results improved because everyone knew Paunovic was going / were relieved he went.

Piss easy to make stuff up isn't it.

That's no less an opinion! :lol:

There being.three worse teams.is entirely dependent on us getting the results we got, under a different manager.

But my point was I don't think the results we'd have got would have been much different under the same manager, or any manager. The difference may have been the sequence but I'd have said we'd have finished around the 40 point mark regardless, which would have been enough.

Ultimately, we will never know, but that's just what I thought. We still managed to collect 7 points with an underperforming manager and then a change in manager as well. It was obvious Pauno was holding little influence over the squad, which probably explains the better results before he left.

For the record, I'm not saying the manager didn't influence our results, but I'd have thought that "any" manager would have got around the same points, just because we had a better quality squad than 2 sides and Derby's situation ended them. Look at the current bottom 3, all changed managers (2 of them twice) and they are still in the same positions.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Mar 2023 16:21

Hound
Vision
Hound
Not sure Pauno can get much credit for that peterboro effort. We were absolutely absymal and should have lost to a team who hadn’t won for 20 games or something like that

We got a battling 0-0 draw in appalling conditions against relegation rivals in what was a must win game for them really. It's exactly the type of performance/result/attitude that you need to avoid relegation and which I wasn't sure we had in us under Pauno to be honest. It stopped the run of defeats and was the main factor (imo) in going away to Preston (who'd only lost once in their previous 11) , scoring 3 and hanging on to the win there.

Add in the fact we had Joao , who we know Pauno can get a tune out of, and to a lesser degree Meite (who Ince seemed to have an issue with early on ) returning to match fitness and I don't think it's that much of a stretch to suggest we might just have had enough to stay up.

We'll never know of course and ultimately even if he'd have lasted the season there wasn't any future for Pauno here.

We didn’t battle hard in that one at all. We were desperately passive and if peterboro could have finished would have lost comfortably. They had 9 shots on target and dominated the game. It was a poor performance against a poor side

Actually had a half decent side on paper then - certainly looks stronger than what we had our at the weekend

Think it was Meite's first start after injury.

I can only recall one brilliant save from Hein in the first few minutes and a Morrison clearance off the line. Aside from that it was an awful game between 2 relegation threatened sides played in a howling gale.

All about opinions of course but I reckon it was the most important point of the season in that it stopped them getting closer but also I'm not sure we beat Preston or Birmingham afterwards without it.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Mar 2023 16:36

Chairman Mao Can anyone see this team getting 3-4 more wins this season under PInce?

I can't see it, therefore we may as well roll the dice and try and get some sort of bounce with someone else

(As long as his pay off isn't prohibitory)

Yeah this really

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Mar 2023 17:22

SouthDownsRoyal
Chairman Mao Can anyone see this team getting 3-4 more wins this season under PInce?

I can't see it, therefore we may as well roll the dice and try and get some sort of bounce with someone else

(As long as his pay off isn't prohibitory)

Yeah this really

I'm not sure we'll get 2 let alone 3 or 4.

I don't think we'll beat both Wigan and Huddersfield, especially if we still need points, and I can't see us beating more than 1 of Bristol, Birmingham and Preston.

We should pick up at least 8 points from those five games, more like 10. But that would involve us trying to score and putting out a team, not a loose, ill-coordinated, group of individuals.