The dedicated Chris Wilder thread

538 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The dedicated Chris Wilder thread

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 May 2023 20:29

Stranded Apparently the physio who worked under him at Sheffield United has just followed a host of Reading relayed accounts on Twitter.

The screenshot is literally just a list of people being followed, doesn't say who's following them. Would say that's the clearest indication yet that this is just a wind up.

JR

by JR » 30 May 2023 21:08

Pepe the Horseman
Stranded Apparently the physio who worked under him at Sheffield United has just followed a host of Reading relayed accounts on Twitter.

The screenshot is literally just a list of people being followed, doesn't say who's following them. Would say that's the clearest indication yet that this is just a wind up.

Have checked it out and it’s bonafide - encouraging after a discouraging day

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 May 2023 21:45

Pepe the Horseman

Actually went to the profile and looked legitimate but has now been deleted. So who knows.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 May 2023 09:11

Sutekh Let's face it no one has a ******* clue except Chris Wilder and Mark Bowen. Can't see either of them tweeting random bollox from various accounts just for the LOLs however amusing that would actually be!

Stumbling point RUMOUR was the the amount of power and say Bowen has....which concerns me. I was hoping if we have this "Reset" Bowen would be gone. As far as Bowen having a say, well that's news because he did sod all with Ince dragging us into the pooh and then his comments about not spending enough time with the women's team just makes me think I wonder what use he is.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 May 2023 09:31

:lol:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 May 2023 15:30

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 May 2023 16:16

Pete O'Rourke now reporting - quite reliable on EFL things.
https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 31 May 2023 16:34

That's more promising. This would be a big lift for everyone here.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 May 2023 16:44

Yeah, agreed. He has been pretty good with FL news in the past.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 31 May 2023 17:22

Brief entry on Wilder's Wikipedia page that he has been appointed as new Reading boss, but the line later removed.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Jun 2023 10:52

One of my mates reckons he overheard his nephew say he reckons Wilder might join us.

You read it here first.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jun 2023 12:07

Personally I reckon he may join, unless he doesn't.

However, as this is being perceived to be taking "too long" and that he couldn't possibly be committed to the club so then some fans will not trust him and be on his back from the first second something goes wrong. Which it will.

Or we'll hire Danny Cowley and everyone will get on his back from the get go as he "clearly" wasn't first choice

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2023 12:21

Or we'll hire Ryan Mason and people will complain that he's clearly not the right man for the job because he's got no experience in League 1.

Whatever happens, Ian will say he was right.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 01 Jun 2023 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 01 Jun 2023 12:22

Stranded Personally I reckon he may join, unless he doesn't.

However, as this is being perceived to be taking "too long" and that he couldn't possibly be committed to the club so then some fans will not trust him and be on his back from the first second something goes wrong. Which it will.

Or we'll hire Danny Cowley and everyone will get on his back from the get go as he "clearly" wasn't first choice

I felt the same when Coppell took nearly 2 weeks to decide to join us (although he was under contract elsewhere) and that turned out ok in the end...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jun 2023 12:25

I wouldnt expect any manager to jump at the first job that might be available without looking to see what was around first just as you wouldn't if you were looking for work, just because it takes a bit of time doesn't mean whoever is appointed isn't up for it or committed.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jun 2023 12:31

Sutekh I wouldnt expect any manager to jump at the first job that might be available without looking to see what was around first just as you wouldn't if you were looking for work, just because it takes a bit of time doesn't mean whoever is appointed isn't up for it or committed.

Neither would I but a lot of football fans will always have the view that you should be honoured that we asked you and if you don't jump immediately then you aren't committed enough. Completely forgetting that it is a job and one that they will likely be fired from sooner rather than later.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jun 2023 12:48

Stranded
Sutekh I wouldnt expect any manager to jump at the first job that might be available without looking to see what was around first just as you wouldn't if you were looking for work, just because it takes a bit of time doesn't mean whoever is appointed isn't up for it or committed.

Neither would I but a lot of football fans will always have the view that you should be honoured that we asked you and if you don't jump immediately then you aren't committed enough. Completely forgetting that it is a job and one that they will likely be fired from sooner rather than later.

Additionally it's possible a manager accepts a position and starts working but for whatever reason a club drags its heels on making an official announcement (e.g. right people to make announcement are on hols or something). Or there maybe some weird clauses in the severance deal struck with an earlier club that prevents things officially happening until a certain date or set of conditions have been met.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jun 2023 12:51

Sutekh
Stranded

Additionally it's possible a manager accepts a position and starts working but for whatever reason a club drags its heels on making an official announcement (e.g. right people to make announcement are on hols or something). Or there maybe some weird clauses in the severance deal struck with an earlier club that prevents things officially happening until a certain date or set of conditions have been met.

Also true, is he still being paid by Watford? - part of me would like to think that part of the reason there has been no post-relegation statement is that the club want to be able to announce a manager of part of it i.e. we have taken our medicine, this is a new dawn and here is the man to lead us into it.

But I appreciate I am probably way off.
Last edited by Stranded on 01 Jun 2023 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 01 Jun 2023 12:51

Hope I’m wrong but I can’t see it happening it’s just too much of a common sense appointment

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Jun 2023 12:53

It’s sounding like Hearts will be appointing Naismith so that’s one less job for him.

I have a preference about who we appoint but I’ll give any manager my backing until it becomes apparent that they’re not fit for purpose. I just want it all all done so that they can get a team together in time for preseason friendlies and the start of the season.

538 posts