Didcot Town V Reading. Friday 14th July KO 19:30 Ticket Info

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jun 2006 20:09

handbags_harris Just out of interest, where's the info from? Can't find it on either website, except the little advert in the corner of the Didcot Town website...

My knowledge is that I live about 2 minutes walk from it ;)

I think the tickets won't actually be seated or terrace tickets. They will just be a ticket to get in and if there is a seat and you want to sit down then take it!

There are no numbers on the seats but ones that will be reserved will have stickers on saying so. There is a little section about halfway along which is just for the press and club officials. It's a good ground to meet and greet the players and staff.

Met Leroy there last year. 8)

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 07 Jun 2006 20:19

The_Cat
RG30 Think I would rather save £8 plus train fare for when August 19th comes around.
The train fare won't be much from Reading, but I don't know if you live there.

I no the train fare won't be much, I got a Young Persons Railcard but the Premiership is an extremley expensive hobby and would rather save my money.

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 07 Jun 2006 20:43

RG30
The_Cat
RG30 Think I would rather save £8 plus train fare for when August 19th comes around.
The train fare won't be much from Reading, but I don't know if you live there.

I no the train fare won't be much, I got a Young Persons Railcard but the Premiership is an extremley expensive hobby and would rather save my money.

PLoLastic

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 07 Jun 2006 20:48

Ok, so seeing as plastic isn't taken, i assume we've got to turn up for tickets in the ticket office? Or do they take postal applications? Apologies if ths seems ambiguous, just I can't find the info anywhere!

Casual Royal

by Casual Royal » 07 Jun 2006 21:11

My knowledge comes from a meeting I attended at Didcot Town last night to discuss the fixture and ticket arrangements.

The current situation is as follows.

Tickets are available to personal callers only at Didcot Town between the hours of 19:00 and 21:00. Mon to Sat
No postal applications and only cheque and cash are accepted.

Didcot town are currently arranging for tickets to go on sale at various locations in and around the reading area. Once I have this information I will update the posts above.
I understand this may sound strange but Reading F C are currently possessing our season tickets and for one reason or another wont sell the tickets for the game via the ticket office. However it is likely that over a number of weekends (dates to be confirmed) personnel from DTFC will be at the Mad Stad selling tickets.
As i get the information i will update everyone.
Last edited by Casual Royal on 07 Jun 2006 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jun 2006 21:21

handbags_harris Ok, so seeing as plastic isn't taken, i assume we've got to turn up for tickets in the ticket office? Or do they take postal applications? Apologies if ths seems ambiguous, just I can't find the info anywhere!

From what I can see they are not taking postal applications. :?

I will have a word with my mate Mark tonight and find out.

If not (i presume your going to go with fLOLyd) I could always get them for you.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jun 2006 21:23

Tickets for the Reading friendly on Friday 14th July (7.30pm) are now selling from Doddy's bar at Loop Meadow Stadium. Priced at £8 adults and £4 concessions we have a little over 2000 available and we would expect to sell most of those for what will be Reading's first fixture in their historic first season in the Premiership. Tickets can only be bought with cash or cheque with guarantee card (we nave no credit card facility at the club).

For Reading supporters planning to come along, Loop Meadow Stadium holds about 2500 comfortably although only about 150 of these are seated, many of which will be reserved for our season ticket holders and reading dignitaries/squad players.

Reading supporters are encouraged to travel by train, Didcot Parkway is only 5 mins walk, because car-parking near the ground is limited. Either way, you are encouraged to arrive early. We will have a large bar/function room open to non-members opposite the main entrance to the clubhouse, so feel free to come and make use of our facility before and after the match.

Entrance to the game is via the turnstiles and will be with ticket only - you must retain your ticket after you enter the ground (so you can have a drink at half-time in the bar and then return outside to watch the second half). No glasses or alcoholic drinks are allowed by the pitch.

Reading have told us that half of the First Team will play against Didcot (with the rest reserves and triallists) and those not used on the Friday at Didcot will feature at Bromley the next day. However, all the First Team squad are likely to be in attendance, as they were last season when Leroy Leta make his first showing at a Reading fixture.

Didcot town FC are hoping to make tickets available for Reading fans who wish to come along on the 14th July but who have no means of purchasing tickets directy from Didcot. Please note we are NOT taking postal applications. Details of when and where these tickets will be sold in Reading will be posted here over the next couple of weeks so...WATCH THIS SPACE.

All 5 goals

by All 5 goals » 07 Jun 2006 23:05

Alan Partridge
Huntley & Palmer Will Roman be making an appearance again? :lol:

We can only hope. THAT was funny. :lol:

I haven't been asked to, but I am ready and willing.

Ps still waiting for the Champioship medal from the club.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jun 2006 23:07

All 5 goals
Alan Partridge
Huntley & Palmer Will Roman be making an appearance again? :lol:

We can only hope. THAT was funny. :lol:

I haven't been asked to, but I am ready and willing.

Ps still waiting for the Champioship medal from the club.

Roman your a legend. It was after that game that SC decided on going out and gettign an established 4th striker knowing that Roman could do a job if needed. 8)

Also when you went arse over head, Coppell was pi$$ing himself laughing, I was sat two rows in front of him and him, Leroy and Shorey were enjoying your cameo!! 8)

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 07 Jun 2006 23:12

I shall, as I was last year, be there.

All 5 goals

by All 5 goals » 07 Jun 2006 23:15

I also enjoyed it in fact I have had a great footballing year

Played for Reading, just witnessed Reading's greatest season ever, won £120 in the work fantasy league, my National team Ukraine qualified for the world cup, and I've got tickets to 2 of their matches.

Considering just over a year ago I was in plaster after breaking a bone in my foot playing 5 a side on the day of the wigan game which was a real footballing low point.

It's been brilliant.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jun 2006 23:20

All 5 goals I also enjoyed it in fact I have had a great footballing year

Played for Reading, just witnessed Reading's greatest season ever, won £120 in the work fantasy league, my National team Ukraine qualified for the world cup, and I've got tickets to 2 of their matches.

Considering just over a year ago I was in plaster after breaking a bone in my foot playing 5 a side on the day of the wigan game which was a real footballing low point.

It's been brilliant.

What are the lottery numbers on saturday? ;)

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 07 Jun 2006 23:20

Roman, it's at times like this where I feel I really don't know what to do. I could pat you on the back, congratulate you on what appears to be an absolutely outstanding footballing year from your own personal perspective, or I could quite simply punch your lights out through sheer jealousy!!

Of course, that last comment is completely nullified if you buy me a drink with your £120 winnings :lol: :lol: :lol:

All 5 goals

by All 5 goals » 07 Jun 2006 23:24

The lottery numbers will be 6 numbers between 1 and 49 and thats guaranteed.

Usually up for a beer but I live 50 miles from Reading so you will have to collect at the Watford Away game which is my closest fixture now that we have left Luton behind.

Hungry Hungry Hippos

by Hungry Hungry Hippos » 08 Jun 2006 10:02

All 5 goals The lottery numbers will be 6 numbers between 1 and 49 and thats guaranteed.
So not 1 or 49 then?

Narrows it down a bit then!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 08 Jun 2006 11:38

So, other than Didcot's stadium at bizarre times, when can you get tickets for this?

Will it really sell out, as I live locally and wouldn't mind just popping down.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Jun 2006 11:39

papereyes So, other than Didcot's stadium at bizarre times, when can you get tickets for this?

Will it really sell out, as I live locally and wouldn't mind just popping down.

They will be sending them to Reading, just haven't finalised the details yet.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 08 Jun 2006 11:42

I don't live in Reading, I live in Oxford, so Didcot's really close and yet quite far.

true*blue*loyal*royal

by true*blue*loyal*royal » 08 Jun 2006 12:31

papereyes I don't live in Reading, I live in Oxford, so Didcot's really close and yet quite far.

yesss, but does anyone know where we can buy tickets for the away section? :roll:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 08 Jun 2006 12:56

No pay on the day like last year then. It was a spur of the moment thing for me so will probably give it a miss if I have to commit in advance